s11 p3444 lvl 140 Bane of Trapped

General Discussion
GR125 to get 1% to 140.
GR124 to get 1% to 139.
GR123 to get 1% to 138...
I think he did it.

I got 118 gems this season, and my best was 113. I am leveling 1% too.
Now I need to do 103 speeds to level up 1% to 119. Its 15 levels difference to up 1%.

With 2000 Paragon I can clear GR110 4man (tragou'l + zbarb + zmonk + wd) almost 100% of times, and my equipments arent perfect yet, lol... I have a lot to improve in my WD. I think with 3500 he can do GR120 easy.

I focus too much time upgrading caldesams for other characters this season, if I focus more on 1% i would have powerful gems. Next season I will try to focus on one character.
10/13/2017 04:45 AMPosted by Alukat
10/12/2017 04:10 PMPosted by NightOwlZzz
But to do a 131 hundreds if not a thousand times to get his gem to 140?

well,
if very lucky: upgrade on first run
if lucky: upgrade in less than 75 runs
in average: 100 runs to get upgrade
if unlucky: more than 125 runs to get the upgrade
if very unlucky: more than 1000 runs to get the upgrade

don't expect everyone to be as unlucky as you may be ;)

How is it an average of 100 runs to get an upgrade? Sounds like you're bad at maths mate.
Reaching P2500 in a season is proved to be impossible for living entities. So the P3400 is surely a result of some trickery (letting non-humans play the game...).

I think it is enough.

Theoretically he can have a lot of luck in upgrading his gems, so the second claim is only circumstantial.
10/15/2017 08:05 AMPosted by AlterEgo
Reaching P2500 in a season is proved to be impossible for living entities. So the P3400 is surely a result of some trickery (letting non-humans play the game...).

I think it is enough.

Theoretically he can have a lot of luck in upgrading his gems, so the second claim is only circumstantial.

Proved by whom?
I know some dudes who were legit 2500+ weeks ago. Rat runs make it possible, if you know what I'm talking about.
Those 130+ speeds on non-season.
Blizzard: Don't do it again, Ok?
132 gems x a full stash tab: Ok xD
I don't know if someone has already said it: If there is going to be a banwave, it will probably be on Friday (10/20/2017).

Just wait a few days...

PD: sorry, my english is not good =/
10/15/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Evenstar
10/15/2017 08:05 AMPosted by AlterEgo

I think it is enough.

Proved by whom?
I know some dudes who were legit 2500+ weeks ago. Rat runs make it possible, if you know what I'm talking about.

Ya, couple of my besties were 2000 para few weeks ago WITHOUT RAT RUNS. They played regural meta setup, switched to Ratruns at around 2000 para, they about 2500.

Nothing special about them, folks with families, job, just playing at expense of sleep (that's what I do in season, I play after kids go to bed, plus when I can i pull allnighter on friday or Saturday nights). I'm use to 4-5 hours a day sleep, been doing it past 15 years.

About the gems, that's pretty stupid assumption about these things. I have a lot of high end seasonal friends, and it's always "lowest i need to hit 1%'ers". It's not like they were doing 125's to get gems to 140. They did some 124's to get it from 139 to 140, sure, but before it was 115's for 130, 116's for 131, 117's for 132 and so on. If you well synchronized, at 2500-3000 para you can have 100% success clear rate on anything below GR120, that's a fact. We run "casual 115's" with no voice communication for example, 9-14 minute clears all the time.

It's a lottery, I got 2% and 1% upgrade in one game two weeks ago, within 2 hours of game play. And I don't even do 1%'res to be honest, i just ran out of the gems that I was leveling for augs in those runs, so I figured "why not". In S10 I got 1% by accident, I've chosen wrong Trapped (instead of one for augs I used my main) and got it on first 1% click.
10/14/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Vresiberba
What?

Backtracking... we can go the other way too.

Say you run 100 GR 124's without dying and empowering each run. You gem starts at 124.
So first you have 60% chance to reach 125. That would likely happen on the second roll, and you are left with 3 rolls. Reaching rank 126 has a 30% chance - so that's possible too (I've done this myself loads of times.)

So 127, there's 15% chance, that's 7 tries a total of 12 used, or 3 runs and still 3 chances left.

128 is at 8% chance if I recall correctly, so that's 13 tries more for 20 tries total - that's 4 runs! - still got 96 to go.

129 is 4% chance so 25 tries for this one, and we hit 38 tries total or 8 runs.

130 is 2% chance, so 50 tries or 10 runs more. That's 88 tries or 18 runs.

131 is 1% chance, so this one takes 100 tries, and that's 188 tries or 38 runs - we still have 62 runs to do.

132 is also 1% and so it's the same increase for 288 tries and 58 runs.

133 repeats for 388 tries and 78 runs.

134 is more of the same hitting 488 tries and 98 runs. And that was basically our goal. We can even summarize know that 600 tries or 120 runs are needed to reach 140 from here.

We can also assume the fact that if they have pushed a LB records of 134, then they probably had a gem around the same level or 1 higher afterwards, as per the first mention, leveling out you gems on you push is fairly common, and even achieving +1.

So if you had a 135 gem, 100 runs is all you need on 124 to reach tank 140 with it. Plain and simple.
Blizzard should hide Paragon, Hours played, Legendary Gem levels, and the GR reached on the Leaderboard. Then you will hardly hear anything about botters :D Would slash the number of people complaining about botters. Isn't that in line with what Blizzard want to do? Easier than fixing the problem.
10/15/2017 05:01 PMPosted by KiWeN
10/14/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Vresiberba
What?

Backtracking... we can go the other way too.

Say you run 100 GR 124's without dying and empowering each run. You gem starts at 124.
So first you have 60% chance to reach 125. That would likely happen on the second roll, and you are left with 3 rolls. Reaching rank 126 has a 30% chance - so that's possible too (I've done this myself loads of times.)

So 127, there's 15% chance, that's 7 tries a total of 12 used, or 3 runs and still 3 chances left.

128 is at 8% chance if I recall correctly, so that's 13 tries more for 20 tries total - that's 4 runs! - still got 96 to go.

129 is 4% chance so 25 tries for this one, and we hit 38 tries total or 8 runs.

130 is 2% chance, so 50 tries or 10 runs more. That's 88 tries or 18 runs.

131 is 1% chance, so this one takes 100 tries, and that's 188 tries or 38 runs - we still have 62 runs to do.

132 is also 1% and so it's the same increase for 288 tries and 58 runs.

133 repeats for 388 tries and 78 runs.

134 is more of the same hitting 488 tries and 98 runs. And that was basically our goal. We can even summarize know that 600 tries or 120 runs are needed to reach 140 from here.

We can also assume the fact that if they have pushed a LB records of 134, then they probably had a gem around the same level or 1 higher afterwards, as per the first mention, leveling out you gems on you push is fairly common, and even achieving +1.

So if you had a 135 gem, 100 runs is all you need on 124 to reach tank 140 with it. Plain and simple.

Uh, okay. I was commenting on this;
10/13/2017 07:04 PMPosted by Skyi
We have players reporting failing 80% rolls 20+ times or more.
10/12/2017 08:49 PMPosted by Alexismad
10/12/2017 07:57 PMPosted by NightOwlZzz
oh thank you for pointing that out! I feel dumb, but I was looking at his vitality on his wizard lol. his paragon is 3,444. edited original post.

Pssssh only p3444. That means he's only been playing 19 hours a day for the last 2 and half months instead of like 23.5 hours a day if he had p4800. Seems legit now.

19 hours a day, are you kidding me. There is virtually no time for sleeping, eating, bathing, bio breaks. 5 hours is just not enough time to do all of those things and still get enough rest. He would kill himself doing it. I would dare say that somewhere around 12 to maybe 15 hours a day would be tops. More closer to 12.

I would actually have to hop on and see his total time played in Season 11 to see just how much time he has put into season 11 in total hours. Then we would know if it is indeed doable or not. Measuring by paragon alone is not good enough without knowing the hours played.
I haven't read the whole thread, but I suppose there's nothing to stop a group of friends playing shifts on the same equipment and getting 20+ hours a day. I don't know if it's contrary to the TOS.
10/15/2017 06:54 PMPosted by Steve
Blizzard should hide Paragon, Hours played, Legendary Gem levels, and the GR reached on the Leaderboard. Then you will hardly hear anything about botters :D Would slash the number of people complaining about botters. Isn't that in line with what Blizzard want to do? Easier than fixing the problem.
they should hide obvious cheaters?
10/12/2017 04:10 PMPosted by NightOwlZzz
Yup. He's also the #1 four player barb NA. His DH has a rank 140 bane of the trapped gem. He's paragon 3,444.

Wait, isn't this the same 'uber-elite' DH player having trouble killing Belial at mid-torments in another popular forum thread? Asking for a friend.
First, leaderboards have the wrong name... The dev's screw up, they wanted to name them "leaderbots".

Also, honestly at this point, you shouldn't bother: its been easily months since last ban wave, soo the bot players feel like they can bot with no problems or repercussions.

Sad but the true. Just ignore it, act like the leaderbots never exist...
10/16/2017 01:55 PMPosted by condutas
First, leaderboards have the wrong name... The dev's screw up, they wanted to name them "leaderbots".

Also, honestly at this point, you shouldn't bother: its been easily months since last ban wave, soo the bot players feel like they can bot with no problems or repercussions.

Sad but the true. Just ignore it, act like the leaderbots never exist...

But the problem will not go away by simply ignoring it. Blizz enforcing their rules is important to players. Without that enforcement you will see more cheaters along with all other kinds of violation of the rules. Chaos is what happens in time if you don't enforce the rules at all.

Being inconsistent in enforcing the rules also sends the wrong signals, which Blizz has done before in their other games.
10/16/2017 01:14 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
5 hours is just not enough time to do all of those things and still get enough rest.

Maybe for you, but just because you can't do something doesn't mean nobody can.
I wouldn't have a hope in hell of climbing Everest but there are people who have, because I can't do it they must of cheated someway to get there?
My knee-jerk reaction was to tell op to stop looking at the Asian servers where they have micro transactions and buy their way into high paragon levels...but then I looked at the leaderboard for the Americas...

It is impressive but less so when you realize how op necro is currently. Also (if they don't die) it's only 20 runs to get an upgrade at 1% (on average). The upgrade chance is 60% when rank matches grift level, and half for each level the grift is below the gem's rank until it reaches 1% and stays at 1% until 10 levels below. If the grifts is more than ten levels below the gem's rank then the chance is listed as 0%. I'm not sure if that's exactly zero or a fraction less than 0.5% that was rounded down when displayed. I assume it's an integer and not a fraction. Only a blue post can say which is true.
You will always have such "problems" with high paragon players.. They can easily reach other leaderboards, just because of high paragon levels + high gems.

Maybe remove shared-paragon at seasons?