[OT] Meathead Mixer

Barbarian
I am pretty sure there are many barb mains who lift. This thread is to discuss lifting.

Powerlifting, strongman, bodybuilding, olympics, even crossfit all welcome.
I used to do some weights at home, got pretty good at deadlift, could fairly easily lift 200kg, weighing about 81kg.

Then I got busy with work and then my appendix exploded and so couldn’t lift anything for a long time :/

Now I’m just busy with work again...
I have a room completely devoted to lifting with a power rack, a treadmill (not using it much though), cables and every fitness gadget you can think of.

As far as exercises go, I'm a hipster performing mostly unconventional exercises such as trap bar rack pulls, landmine chest press, rdl, one-arm barbell row, dips, lunges, neck curls & extensions, wrist roller etc.

Over the years I've developed a passion for physiotherapy too. I had to learn it to correct my scoliosis and other minor injuries (shoulders, hip and elbow pain).

I'm attached to lifting emotionally as it's always been helping me to cope with stress caused by a rare disease which is hard to detect in men but ease to cure - hyperprolactinaemia (lowers testosterone and motivation, causes fatigue and stress). I advise any barb who doesn't feel well to have his blood and hormones checked.
I once carried my brother through a GR80. That was quite a work out for me.
Been lifting whole life, all time natty, great way to relax and push yourself, me and my wife train these days together. Some PRs.: bench 160kg, deadlift 220kg, squat 175kg, military press strict 100kg. Also loving bw exercises, done dips with 80kg on belt etc. My body weight fluctuates around 80 to 90, depends of the season, fat and bulky winter time lols, a bit shreded summer time:).
I lift.

A spoon into my mouth.
I started powerlifting seriously last year after just broing around the gym. Currently chasing a 1300lb total then I am going to switch to a bodybuilding block for a while to focus on pure hypertrophy.

Currently 425/290/455. Probably get 1300 around Feb / Mar assuming progress doesn't plateau.
Was training pretty seriously before I had Kids. Couldn't find the motivation when I was sleep deprived.

Been back at the gym now for the past three months and already seeing some decent gains in strength and mass. This is coming from a hard gainer, my metabolism can burn thru anything which is kind of OK since I get ripped pretty easily.

Gaining mass is really hard and expensive for me :(
11/01/2017 08:31 AMPosted by westweasel
Was training pretty seriously before I had Kids. Couldn't find the motivation when I was sleep deprived.

Been back at the gym now for the past three months and already seeing some decent gains in strength and mass. This is coming from a hard gainer, my metabolism can burn thru anything which is kind of OK since I get ripped pretty easily.

Gaining mass is really hard and expensive for me :(

Eggs, ground beef, oats, milk

I also knew a guy who would straight eat loaves of wonder bread when he was desperate for dirty bulk.
11/01/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Dza76Wutang

I also knew a guy who would straight eat loaves of wonder bread when he was desperate for dirty bulk.

Yeah I'm on top of my diet for sure, gotta constantly be eating.

For me it's eggs in the morning with oats, chicken/veggies/rice during the day and whatever my wife made for dinner (usually vegetarian). Add around 3 protein shakes per day (~90g protein).

For now its going good, just gotta avoid injuries.
11/01/2017 11:48 AMPosted by westweasel
11/01/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Dza76Wutang

Yeah I'm on top of my diet for sure, gotta constantly be eating.

For me it's eggs in the morning with oats, chicken/veggies/rice during the day and whatever my wife made for dinner (usually vegetarian). Add around 3 protein shakes per day (~90g protein).

For now its going good, just gotta avoid injuries.

I have the opposite. I gain too easily. November through March is danger zone.
Hey there folks,

Per the forum guidelines here, The Diablo III forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Diablo III. Sadly, this does not include off-topic discussions. We will be locking this thread.

Thanks!