LTK element

Monk
Before patch 2.6.1, I always ran physical with sweeping armada to maintain my stacks. Now that we don't lose them, is there still a benefit to this element, or is fire the only (strongest) way to go now?
It used to be that fire was the strongest element for LoN LTK builds because the gyana na kashu fireball was a pretty hefty portion of your total damage, so it made sense to stack fire damage boosts for it. Now that LoN is objectively weaker in every way than SWK for LTK builds, we're not tied to fire.

I personally want to play around with a cold-based build, but that prevents me from taking advantage of the free hit from Rabid Strike, so I'm not sure how well that'll go over.
10/30/2017 08:06 PMPosted by Phydeaux
It used to be that fire was the strongest element for LoN LTK builds because the gyana na kashu fireball was a pretty hefty portion of your total damage, so it made sense to stack fire damage boosts for it. Now that LoN is objectively weaker in every way than SWK for LTK builds, we're not tied to fire.

[/quote]

WRONG WRONG WRONG
The reason LoN ltk used fire was because of all the multipliers fire has over physical. Cindercoat > ~20% increased FIRE damage and reducing resource cost of fire skills, Magefist > 20% increased FIRE damage, Swamp land Pants > 20% increased ele damage, Bracers > 20% increased ele damage > Amulet > 20% increased ele damage. So having potentially 100% increased elemental damage is the reason LoN was a fire build even though the rune was only 850% compared to the 1250% on the physical one the increase in the damage was more significant.

If you are using the SWK LTK build physical is still the strongest element and rune to go for, before the changes last season a team mate from my clan did GR95 with SWK LTK while still missing augments.
10/30/2017 08:06 PMPosted by Phydeaux

I personally want to play around with a cold-based build, but that prevents me from taking advantage of the free hit from Rabid Strike, so I'm not sure how well that'll go over.

The GNK fireball takes on the damage type of your LTK so it is not really a "fire" ball.
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. I specifically meant with Sunwuko. I assumed that fire was understood for LON, plus you don't have to worry about stacks with this build. I used physical with Sunwuko to maintain stacks better. Now that you don't consume them with the recent changes, I am wondering if I should be switching back to fire to maximize damage (and how much of a difference there truly is between the two).
10/31/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Dante00
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified. I specifically meant with Sunwuko. I assumed that fire was understood for LON, plus you don't have to worry about stacks with this build. I used physical with Sunwuko to maintain stacks better. Now that you don't consume them with the recent changes, I am wondering if I should be switching back to fire to maximize damage (and how much of a difference there truly is between the two).

You could also go with Cold and utilize Zei's Stone for even more damage.
I've only tested it a little bit, but playing with SWK you don't have space for Lefebvre's soliloquy shoulders. Too many other necessities in the cube too. Vulture claw kick and sweeping armada are pretty melee focused, even with epiphany up, which becomes a challenge.

With that, I've actually found spinning flame kick works really well because it has a little range to it and can hit multiple monsters in it's path. With the buffs from SWK, the little tornadoes do a lot of damage and you don't need to have everything grouped on top of you to hit multiple monsters. Add rabid strike on top (which was recently fixed) and you have tornadoes flying all over the place.
If you are pushing with SWK ltk you are going to need the cyclone shoulders since you swap out a skill for a Generator for the FnR rings and spirit guard procs.

And sweeping armada is the highest DPS rune for that build with the largest AOE
11/01/2017 08:10 AMPosted by Pressure
And sweeping armada is the highest DPS rune for that build with the largest AOE

It's not the highest DPS. Vulture Claw Kick is, once you add in the extra DoT damage.

You can make the argument that hitting more targets might trigger more area damage, so sweeping Armada could pull ahead in density. Or that the use of Zei's with Hand of Ytar will give it a high enough additional multiplier to pull it ahead of the other runes.

But for single target dps, Vulture Claw Kick has the highest base weapon damage. Using Vulture Claw Kick also enables you to run Cindercoat in the cube.

It might not be the best for pushing, I dunno, but VCK gives you the highest base weapon damage of any rune and easier resource management. Some strong arguments for VCK there.
well considering that its and area damage build you want to stack AD and like i said if you want to push anything decent you NEED to put cyclone shoulders in the cube or you are just to squishy so the cindercoat isnt an option unless you are low lvl gr or t13 farming.