Conquest seems impossible

General Discussion
I'm kind of a noob so bear with me. I really want that extra stash tab. Most of the chapter requirements just take time and grind, but the conquests are just insane...and I need two of theses badboys? Urgh...

- GR45 without sets seems doable...even found a Lashing Kick build for the monk specifically for this.
- Not sure about 350 cursed chest kills. Seems like a lot, and I also need to find the proper chest, right?
- 20minute TX boss wipe seems hard.
- 3 x lvl65 gems and GR55 with 6 sets feels like a LOT of grind.

Which two would you say are the easier ones?
I easily did the GR45 just by equipping all the spare none set gear i had picked up whilst getting my set together, and for fun i am going to do it again in HC mode on a necro

3 gems to 65 is easy and should happen automatically on your way to GR70, you can even do it groups, just use all that gold you have to get your extra roll, this saves a lot of time, its also worth doing as the 3 gems your build uses make a huge difference to your performance as they level

the 20 boss in 20 mins is totally build dependant, a WD with manajuma turbo chicken can do it easily, most people do it in a group (run to different bosses whilst one is being killed)
The T10 20 minute boss run was one of my funnest D3 experiences.

It is soloable
The 3 I did was:

3 gems past 65 all it is is GRing in groups

16 bosses in 20mins easy with WD Helltooth Chicken build

GR 45 with no Green set pieces on is easy after you gems are lvl up past 65

Imo the grind would be the 6 set doing a GR 55 which I'm not doing
Leveling gems and doing a 45 with out set items are the easiest ones in my opinion.

Like Har mentioned, leveling 3 gems to 65 should be something that you dont even need to think about, it should happen naturally if you play GRs, also if you struggle solo you can always group up, not that big of a grind, it would probably take you more time to get the GR 55 with 6 sets but both conquest are super easy.

Doing a 45 is quite easy after all the items that got buffed, for instance using a demon hunter, if you have a yangs and dead-mans legacy, thats enough +multishot dmg boost to destroy the lvl 45 GR, I am sure you can do the same with a monk and using items that boost specific abilities.

The 350 chest is a bit trickier, you need to have a build with good aoe and also find the correct chest, sometimes it takes longer just to get the chest you are looking for, so wont recommend this one unless you want to do 3 conquest to complete the whole season.

The kill 20 boss one I have never really tried, anything that requires speed and loading screens is a big no no for my potatoe computer and slow internet.
Gems to 65 will be easy once you get your 6 pc set done and start completing/finetuning an end game build.

Running GR64 will give you 60% chance on leveling to 65, which isn't ideal, but it's good enough in my experience. It really doesn't take that long to grind it out this way even solo.

350 cursed chest kills is also really easy, with the right chest. You might have to fish a little bit, but the best place to do it is the 'Cursed Peat' event in Paths of the Drowned, Act V. I think you can also do it in the 'Cursed Bellows' but I've always done it in Act V. If you don't think you can kill fast enough, you can fish for the chest in a Private Game, then once you find it, invite other people to join your game... just ask over General or one of the Power Leveling communities.
11/14/2017 07:52 AMPosted by NightCrawler
The T10 20 minute boss run was one of my funnest D3 experiences.

It is soloable
Maybe I'll try this one this season, I've always shied away from it...
11/14/2017 07:41 AMPosted by PanicButton
I'm kind of a noob so bear with me. I really want that extra stash tab. Most of the chapter requirements just take time and grind, but the conquests are just insane...and I need two of theses badboys? Urgh...

- GR45 without sets seems doable...even found a Lashing Kick build for the monk specifically for this.
- Not sure about 350 cursed chest kills. Seems like a lot, and I also need to find the proper chest, right?
- 20minute TX boss wipe seems hard.
- 3 x lvl65 gems and GR55 with 6 sets feels like a LOT of grind.

R45 without sets: Pretty easy honestly. Save it for last if you feel you aren't powerful enough without set items.

350 cursed chest kills: Find the bounty "A Cursed Peat" and when you do send a message to seasonal journey that you're looking for a couple DH's for the chest and this is literally the easiest conquest ever. If they're any good they'll kill 400+ without a sweat.

3 x lvl65 gems: Very easy even with randoms.

Don't freak yourself out. These seem hard and time consuming/grindy but they're actually not bad at all.
3 Gems to 65 - You already have to take 3 gems to 55 for the Conqueror anyway so another 10 levels is not bad.

350 Curse Chest Kills - As said above, look for the "Cursed Peat" Bounty in Act 5 Path of the Drowned. Very easy to get 400+ kills on this chest.

GR45 with no Sets - Its not that bad. You can practice your gear in T10 which is the equilivant of GR45. If you can kill and not die in that, the GR45 is easy.

GR55 with 6 Sets - you will need at least 2 characters. The 6 piece alone for each set is pretty much enough to clear GR55. Its really more the matter of collecting the pieces.

All bosses in 20 min - Either find a group to do or if you know how map parcels are laid out and have the items for major movement speed, its doable solo. Act 5 is the longest and Act 2 is the shortest. Timing starts on clicking Start Game, not when first boss is dead.

The 2 I'd recommend is Gems to 65 & Curses as they take pretty much no effort to do.
Season was only 8 hours old and I was still solo grinding to level 70 when someone in DH chat said that he was done with journey. I was thinking he got done with the first 4 chapters. I looked at his profile and he had finished Conquest is only 8 hours.
It's probably just lack of experience but there not that bad. I did 3 by yesterday and could easily do all of them (have done others in the past). I did GR 45 clear on HC in like 5-6 mins was almost like a speed run, which definitely no record but was a lot easier than I anticipated. The 6 sets clear GR 55 is really easy this season since set buffs its just a time investment as you have to make at least 2 classes and acquire 6 sets.

The curse chest one just google. This one super easy its just a RNG grind fest though to get the curse shrine to pop up. To my knowledge there only one cursed shrine in game you can do this on so... its kind of dumb in my opinion.

3 gems to 65 is like a freebie. It was in the past and is super free this season. If you afraid of grinding enough to level 3 gems to 65 then honestly you playing the wrong game. That's basically what most of the end game is about in Diablo 3.

I would say 3 gems to 65 and cursed shrine easiest. IF you playing normal mode the GR 45 without set pieces also pretty easy but you have to know what your doing. I am sure you can just look up builds for w/e class you playing. If demon hunter you just run a standard multi shot build and buff fire damage where you can. That's all I died and melted everything.
3X65 gems is a freebie, IMO. I already have 4 gems at 76, and another on its way. That one is impossible to miss if you have a 6pc of any set.

6x55 seems easy too. Without even trying, Ive already done it on 3 sets (seeker, akkhan, UE) and I have all 4 sets for cru and DH, doing 55s with the insane bonuses from the 6pc seems cake. Dont even need optimized or enchanted gear, can just ride the 6pc bonus to victory.

Like has been said, yangs/dml alone is enough to do the 45 without set items, thats another one that wouldnt require much thought.

I might get 3 done this season, without even having to work for it, thats never happened.
I'd suggest you do The Thrill (grift 45 no sets) and the one for leveling gems.

The gem one only wants 3 gems, so you can just level your main character's preferred gems. It's pretty easy to get them the last few levels toward 65 by doing 70s, which should be reasonably attainable even for a relatively new player. You'll fail a few rolls doing 70s for it, but it's not too bad and if you can get to 74 you can avoid failing gem rolls at all :)

It doesn't end up feeling as much of a grind as it sounds like. Augmenting gear can be a bit of a grind, but just getting your 3 preferred gems up won't take too long.

It sounds, by what you said about The Thrill, that you're willing to look up builds to suit your needs, which is great :) So find a solid GR build for your monk to push to 70 with, collect the pieces you'll need, and you should be good to go.

As others have mentioned, there are some good setups to do the 350 mob one, too, if that strikes your fancy more.

Have fun, OP :) You'll feel great when you get these knocked out for the first time.
I did it all and got all missions finished. And I am def a really casual player. Just seek help with the 350 kills from the chest.
11/14/2017 07:41 AMPosted by PanicButton

The easiest one is Curses if you have Multishot DH or WoL Monk in a group. Just find the right chest in Act 5 (bounty Cursed Peat) and ask for help on channel.

The second easiest is Boss Mode in a group. Ask on channel to help with it and if you get Forrest Gump in your group - it is walk in the park. 13-15 minutes and you are done. If you are capable to handle T10 by yourself you can solo it with any class - just add mobility to your build like WD chicken, DH multishot or danetta's, Crusader on pony, dashing Monk, teleport Wizard, charging Barbarian - all can do it solo.
Belt for +25% moving speed, Braces for +moving speed when you destroy breakable objects, Avarice Band ring + Boon of the Hoarder second bonus all make wonders to your moving speed if you can fit some of them into your build.
Ok...so it's gonna be no set GR45 and gem leveling.

Thanks for all the tips everyone :)
The other season, the wife and I did boss mode on our first attempt using Danetta's DH.
The trick is to split up, find the first boss and teleport home from the entrance. Once the last player finds their boss, they click on the boss battle and everyone accepts. When the battle is over, the next person uses the map to go home instead of teleporting because it leaves their portal in place. They go through the portal, start the boss battle, everyone accepts, repeat.
Every season we see someone make a post about the conquests being "impossible" and every season most of peoples can in fact do the conquests without any problem.

They are doable, no need to discuss this.

Dude, the season will last at least three months, we are still in the first week, don't panic because something looks like "a lot of grind", that's not the case if you consider you've got three months to do it.
Season 12 conquests are by far the easiest set in a while. All of them are easily done solo, especially if you play DH (but I may be biased). I completed the season journey completely solo (even the bounties) in about 30 hours of game time. I did the Thrill, Boss mode, Curses, and gems to 65 already, and am now working on Years of War. Just need one more WD set to drop.
A noob (self confessed no less!!) asking questions on a forum, that's frowned upon here, OP! Remember that when you come back here, if you dare!!!!

Downvoted!½!12