Challenge Rift Top 50 Weekly

General Discussion
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21047787/challenge-rift-champions-week-10-9-8-2017

With almost a month since the last top 50 weekly challenge rift being posted.
I'm just wondering if it's too much work to keep posting these or has Blizzard given up on these since not enough people are playing them competitively?

P.S. More people would play these with a couple simple changes:

#1 - Give the reward for just beating it in under 15 minutes.
#2 - If you receive the reward and play again the level will increase by 1.
#3 - Repeat #1-2.
You need 50 participants to have a top 50 list, that might be the problem.
10/06/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Alexismad

There are 1k slots filled in the 1st hour, what are you on about?
10/06/2017 07:13 PMPosted by DOA
10/06/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Alexismad

How many of those 1k play again? I'm guessing less than 1%.

Most of those are not challenge rift participants but bounty mats rift participants
10/06/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Alexismad

Most of those are not challenge rift participants but bounty mats rift participants

What's the difference?
10/06/2017 08:01 PMPosted by DOA
What's the difference?

The difference is why blizz is in no hurry to post a top 50 list for the last 4 weeks.

If there was a large number of people grinding the crift over and over, they would support the top 50 list.

From what I've seen, the vast majority runs until they get the bag, then do other stuff until next week. The list of people actually grinding for the leader boards spot is relatively low. Pretty sure Blizz sees this and that is why they aren't wasting time on posting the top 50 list.
Who cares about challenge rift ?!?!?
10/06/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Archon
I'm just wondering if it's too much work to keep posting these or has Blizzard given up on these since not enough people are playing them competitively?
This is a good question for a blue response. They wanted our feedback on the feature. They received it. What happens now? Do they plan to improve the Challenge Rifts implementation?

Btw a top 50 in EU has never been published. Not a single time. Nada.
I'm a little confused as to how the dev team consistently gets "Fun" wrong.

Fun is being free to make my build.
Not forced into the dev build or someone else's.

I think of all the time spent on. Set dungeons or challenge rifts....

Skill tree.
Custom appearances.
An endless dungeon that keeps getting harder.
Perhaps we expect too much from a click and smash game....
10/07/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Jitter
Perhaps we expect too much from a click and smash game....

They set the bar very high with D1 and D2. We can expect a lot because they have given it to us in the past.
I rarely, if ever, do Challenge Rifts. And, when I do, it is only when I am short on Bounty Materials and would rather chew my own arm off than do Bounties solo.

The leader boards are great... but like the Greater Rift leader boards or the Conquest leader boards, they're meant for people who genuinely care about that sort of thing. Adding incentives just so people like me will play Challenge Rifts more often is not in anyone's best interest, of that I can assure you.

If anything, Challenge Rifts need to be challenging. I think the Cache with crafting materials, etc., can be for beating the Greater Rift timer, but there can be a another reward for beating the player's time. Personally, I think we could all use more Death's Breaths, Bounty Materials, or high-tier gems (for cubing). Again, for this to work, and not turn into a weekly giveaway, Challenge Rifts need to be more challenging.