Time to bring real pvp

Brawling
its been many many years now, time to add a meaningful pvp system,
i think it would bring a lot of people back, including me ;_;

the glory that was meant to be d3 pvp for those that haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrGE3VLiSk
PvP will never work in a game that has so many absurd multipliers like this one. Blizzard would never put in the work needed to balance PvP. It'd be a pretty amazing trainwreck.
10/11/2017 08:08 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
PvP will never work in a game that has so many absurd multipliers like this one. Blizzard would never put in the work needed to balance PvP. It'd be a pretty amazing trainwreck.

All they do is make it so only a fraction of the damage applies to other players.

Just like how they do it in D2 and PoE. It would work exactly the same. I don't know why they can't make a few more arenas and add this in. It's not rocket science.
10/11/2017 08:15 PMPosted by Tetra

All they do is make it so only a fraction of the damage applies to other players.

Just like how they do it in D2 and PoE. It would work exactly the same. I don't know why they can't make a few more arenas and add this in. It's not rocket science.

They first have to balance the gear, right now even if you take a fraction of the damage some sets are clear winners compared to others. There is no balance between sets within a class, much less between classes at the moment. Until they resolve the balance issues, PvP will be a failure.
Give it up man!

Pvp is always broken.
Always!
10/11/2017 08:20 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

They first have to balance the gear, right now even if you take a fraction of the damage some sets are clear winners compared to others. There is no balance between sets within a class, much less between classes at the moment. Until they resolve the balance issues, PvP will be a failure.

they would just add pvp gear to remove huge damage numbers, must be wearing certian tiered pvp gear to enter the que, like they did at blizzcon, i played it and it felt very balanced, and was alot of fun.

but i dont think blizz want to put in the effort or cant, sadly :(

Lowering all damage done doesn't suddenly create balance across all classes. People already cry their eyes out about leaderboard disparity. PvP would be ten times worse. I can already see the demands being made for "solo only" PvP because it would be so unfair to go against those with gems leveled in groups.

Honestly, I'd love to see PvP added just to see everyone complain about it.
PVP? Only PVP you are going to get is the training grounds in act 1 New Tristram. You get there by talking to Nek the Brawler. He's standing next to the followers you can hire.
Buff DR, Nerf damage. Test. Adjust. The game doesn't even need special arenas just make it a gank fest like D2. It's up to the players to regulate it. They don't even have to balance gear. ARPG's are not meant to be balanced. D3 isn't an esport. There was zero balance in D2. There where clearly dominant build but of course they could be neutralized by superior player skill.

As players we have to get this idea of "balance" out of our heads. It doesn't exist in a game like this.
In order to do PvP correctly and fairly, Blizzard needs to have the ability to create a mode where everyone that plays that mode uses one of a handful of predetermined geared setups.

<tinfoilhat>
Challenge Mode is the prototype for PvP Mode.
</tinfoilhat>
Time for PvP with my epic durability build. 10 million health and resistances stacked to high heaven.

*get hit with a low end 50billion damage crit*

Well, that went well.
The only way they'd be able to add PvP is if they did a completely separate item system for PvP items. Like someone already mentioned, the multipliers are too high to have a legit PvP

Too much work to put into a pretty much dead game. It makes too much sense financially for Blizzard to already be working on a sequel that will launch on PC and console.

BUt for the sequel I definitely agree. If they could make a legit PvP in the sequel that could really separate them for the rest of the ARPG's out there. There's not really an ARPG out there with a legit PvP system. There's many improvements that could be made for a sequel, but that's the one that would bring a ton of players back.
If you guys noticed, the players had like 800 health and their damage skills were doing like 15-30 dmg a hit.

It obviously was gonna be some fixed kind of damage thing.

I think the current builds are too incompatible for legit PvP.

LotD frozen 6 seconds + 12 CL a sec. Nah. Wouldn't work.
I notice how posters here have all kinds of solutions they think Blizz never considered. What the arm chair developers need to consider is that a lot of players here don't want PvP. The servers barely handle the workload as it is without adding PvP burden to create a firestorm of DC and lag. Additionally, adding PvP here would increase tenfold the number of balance whiners already infecting the game and forums. Also, I have heard nothing about what you all are willing to pay monthly for D3 PvP. You seriously think you'd be getting this for free? Leave D3 alone. I've heard there's a game called WoW where you can find all the PvP your entitled hearts desire.
A quick look at the recent upvote / downvote thread shows that Diablo III's best PvP is in the same place as it's always been, i.e. on the forums.
PVP naked.
Blizzard doesn't want Diablo to be a PvP game at all. They want their PvPers to play Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, or even Hearthstone or World of Warcraft.
D4 maybe d3 the clock is running down. I cant see Blizzard doing that at this point. I'm still surprised they even patch d3 ty blizz.

Normalization. They did this when Vanilla WoW's pvp became a silly 1shot fest by implementing resilience into pvp gear. Numbers will vary, of course, but the concept could still be applicable.

It doesn't even need to be a focus feature. Things usually sorted themselves out back in D2, despite the game not being precisely balanced for PvP because people eventually find the meta and stick to it. More importantly, it breaks the GRs ad-nauseum cycle. Even if it's not a cornerstone of their design plans, it would be fun to deliver some rudimentary tools for people to have their PvP fun in this thing.

But yeah, I doubt it's in Blizzard's interests to divert their audience from their big PvP cash cows, especially considering they simply can't bolt loot boxes into D3 after the spectacular demise of the AHs. Can't say I'm sad about that, though. The further Diablo can stay from that cashgrab garbage, the better.
Will the real PvP please stand up?