Time to bring real pvp

Brawling
10/11/2017 08:08 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
PvP will never work in a game that has so many absurd multipliers like this one. Blizzard would never put in the work needed to balance PvP. It'd be a pretty amazing trainwreck.

It could work like in WoW pvp templates.

Basically it changes your damage output based on the gear level you equip. Evens out and makes damage much lower. But only in instanced PvP.. in World PvP it works like vs monsters which makes you oneshot the enemy etc.

If something is too unbalanced they can only change the pvp template thingy and it won't affect pve.
10/13/2017 05:40 AMPosted by akse
It could work like in WoW pvp templates.

Basically it changes your damage output based on the gear level you equip. Evens out and makes damage much lower. But only in instanced PvP.. in World PvP it works like vs monsters which makes you oneshot the enemy etc.

If something is too unbalanced they can only change the pvp template thingy and it won't affect pve.

Ah, getting jumped by squishies while mining in near BiS DK tank gear back in WotLK; stomping 3v1s was very satisfying.
10/11/2017 08:15 PMPosted by Tetra
Just like how they do it in D2 and PoE. It would work exactly the same. I don't know why they can't make a few more arenas and add this in. It's not rocket science.

It isn't rocket science, however I suggest you take a good long look at what WoW pvp has degenerated into. Personally I'm happy that there is zero PVP in this game because of what I've watched happen to WoW PVP over the years.

The other thing about pvp in this game, it would only be an attrition war between zdps classes at some point. Who would want that?
Let's be honest, an average-low crit in this game is about 30-50 billion and most high end toughness is about 160-300m, most of the time duels will end with someone being one-shot. Only option is reducing PvP damage to a fraction (1/12th-1/20th-1/25th at worst) of the actual hit.

Yet even with this players will be locked into using immunity amulets (one equipped, one at cube slot) and as usual any high damage output character will wreck the balance you may have. If standard damage mitigation is low to start with then players will be forced to stack vitality, if it's too high then everyone will stack DoT instead. In a balanced environment, I expect tanks to stack DoT-bleed while anyone with high damage to stack vitality.
Not just that, but most builds are only experienced at 2-3 elementals at best. Wearing the related amulets also denies those builds from doing anything in PvP arenas. If your rival knows that you gonna work with fire and cold then both related amulets shuts most of your damage output down.

Looking Wiz, DH and Nec (Frailty alone is an issue on its own) at one side and rest are at the other, I can't imagine PvP working any time soon. A number crunch is required else damage output against other players will be dimmed so low that players may at least enjoy it.
10/12/2017 05:26 PMPosted by SunStrider
I notice how posters here have all kinds of solutions they think Blizz never considered. What the arm chair developers need to consider is that a lot of players here don't want PvP. The servers barely handle the workload as it is without adding PvP burden to create a firestorm of DC and lag. Additionally, adding PvP here would increase tenfold the number of balance whiners already infecting the game and forums. Also, I have heard nothing about what you all are willing to pay monthly for D3 PvP. You seriously think you'd be getting this for free? Leave D3 alone. I've heard there's a game called WoW where you can find all the PvP your entitled hearts desire.

Settle down fanboy.

1. Adding PVP doesn't mean they need a monthly fee lol. There are other ways to monetize video games, and monthly fee's don't really work anymore.

2. Lets not limit ourselves to the 1% of players left from launch. I think most people's goal is to expand Diablo to more people, and hopefully earn some of that player base back. Although I do agree that it's too late for PvP in D3, your reasoning is ignorant, and poorly thought out.

3. Wait... You do know that WoW isn't the only game with PvP right? You do know that a balanced PvP was part of the initial plans for this game?

4. There are tons of players that would come back to Diablo if PvP were involved. Whether that's D3 or D4. If a legit PvP was added that would attract tens of thousands of players. Guaranteed. And it's not just WoW players. A lot of people went into D3, expecting a balanced PVP system (like what was promised) and that was a big reason they enjoyed the D2 franchise in the first place. A lot of people's first PVP experiences were in D2.

But anyways your points are stupid, and you should try to think before posting.
While I´d be happy to see it (especially since I was crazy about it when I saw that arena PvP video that came out before game release), I think it will not ever happen. 8(

Settle down fanboy.

1. Adding PVP doesn't mean they need a monthly fee lol. There are other ways to monetize video games, and monthly fee's don't really work anymore.

2. Lets not limit ourselves to the 1% of players left from launch. I think most people's goal is to expand Diablo to more people, and hopefully earn some of that player base back. Although I do agree that it's too late for PvP in D3, your reasoning is ignorant, and poorly thought out.

3. Wait... You do know that WoW isn't the only game with PvP right? You do know that a balanced PvP was part of the initial plans for this game?

4. There are tons of players that would come back to Diablo if PvP were involved. Whether that's D3 or D4. If a legit PvP was added that would attract tens of thousands of players. Guaranteed. And it's not just WoW players. A lot of people went into D3, expecting a balanced PVP system (like what was promised) and that was a big reason they enjoyed the D2 franchise in the first place. A lot of people's first PVP experiences were in D2.

You`re right, man. I abandoned Diablo 3 years ago right after blizzard announced they wouldn`t put any more effort in PvP. And I was one of the guys, five years ago (6 years?), who asked them to put a PvP Arena, a Capture the Flag mode and a Hold the Castle mode. And that time ago, they promised they would make a real good PvP arena. I was disappointed, but I would certainly come back to diablo 3 if blizzard add a decent PvP Arena.

Playing forever against the computer isn`t fun. The actual PvP isn`t fun. Playing with other retard people in adventure/campaign mode isn`t fun: they just keep running, they never interact with you, it looks like they are meant only for killing the monsters for you.
Shadow DH would pretty much wreck everyone in a single shot every time.
Play chess, FPS, or Starcraft. Diablo 3 was never designed for PvP.
10/27/2017 06:51 PMPosted by PixelHero

Settle down fanboy.

You`re right, man. I abandoned Diablo 3 years ago right after blizzard announced they wouldn`t put any more effort in PvP. And I was one of the guys, five years ago (6 years?), who asked them to put a PvP Arena, a Capture the Flag mode and a Hold the Castle mode. And that time ago, they promised they would make a real good PvP arena. I was disappointed, but I would certainly come back to diablo 3 if blizzard add a decent PvP Arena.

Playing forever against the computer isn`t fun. The actual PvP isn`t fun. Playing with other retard people in adventure/campaign mode isn`t fun: they just keep running, they never interact with you, it looks like they are meant only for killing the monsters for you.
I have bought D3 because that pvp promise and still waiting but not play the last 3 years.Rip D3
10/13/2017 07:20 AMPosted by jay
10/11/2017 08:15 PMPosted by Tetra
Just like how they do it in D2 and PoE. It would work exactly the same. I don't know why they can't make a few more arenas and add this in. It's not rocket science.

It isn't rocket science, however I suggest you take a good long look at what WoW pvp has degenerated into. Personally I'm happy that there is zero PVP in this game because of what I've watched happen to WoW PVP over the years.

The other thing about pvp in this game, it would only be an attrition war between zdps classes at some point. Who would want that?
This game is all about pvp from the start not a some boring rift runs
10/12/2017 05:26 PMPosted by SunStrider
I notice how posters here have all kinds of solutions they think Blizz never considered. What the arm chair developers need to consider is that a lot of players here don't want PvP. The servers barely handle the workload as it is without adding PvP burden to create a firestorm of DC and lag. Additionally, adding PvP here would increase tenfold the number of balance whiners already infecting the game and forums. Also, I have heard nothing about what you all are willing to pay monthly for D3 PvP. You seriously think you'd be getting this for free? Leave D3 alone. I've heard there's a game called WoW where you can find all the PvP your entitled hearts desire.
Dont go out of topic here buddy. Lets be honest, what is the point of spending hours in hacking monsters and getting loots if you can't even showcase it to the world? Probably people like you who doesn't like competition made this game what it is right now.
bump!
the real problem with brawling is on how damage is scaled when the skills are done on a player with almost the same or not too far of progression when it comes to DPS Toughness etc. The damage should be nerf during brawling so the tactics on how to beat another player will be more conventional.

I also love the idea of having a team battle where a party is on queue and will be matched on the same number of party. Paragon Level should also be consider during matchmaking.
I absolutely loved PvP in Diablo 2 and it was very unbalanced.

I had 3 or 4 characters id switch between all the time and I could switch between different games or go back to one I was already in.

The ideal was perfect, throw it out there and watch it work.

D2 had one shot, still does. There where classes that simply hit so hard you couldn't stop the wreckage... I don't see why there has to be zero pvp in a game that was at LEAST 50% pvp based when it was at it's most popular (Diablo 2)

I was so excited to see PvP in Diablo 3 prior to release and devastated when it never happened.

I still play Diablo 3 but quit for 4-8 months at a time and don't even think about it when I do. I really, REALLY wish they would incorporate a solid PvP structure into D3 before they release a new Diablo game.

I cannot buy another Diablo game for $50+ that doesn't include PvP, I will have wasted my money because I will feel left out.

PvP is way too much fun in Diablo 2 for them to have not included it in Diablo 3, it's really disappointing me that after all these years and so many additions and changes, they didn't do something about this.
Just remove gear for PVP. Make it even across the board and give cosmetic items or PVE items as rewards. Problem solved.
10/11/2017 08:08 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
PvP will never work in a game that has so many absurd multipliers like this one. Blizzard would never put in the work needed to balance PvP. It'd be a pretty amazing trainwreck.

Man, you kids with zero creativity that say PVP is impossible in D3 should really try playing D2 one of these days. That game had absurd damage too. If the damage was kept the same, PVP would have been impossible in D2 because everybody would just one-shot each other. That was easily solved by just differentiating between the damage inflicted to players and monsters. In fact, there were many modifiers that simply were turned off for PVP, making it so that people built specific PVP or PVE characters.

How about before you say something will "never work" you just stop and think for a second first? This concept has already been done and proven. Blizzard just doesn't want to expend the resources to implemented it, which is a shame