Hey guys.

What do you think about that:

CoE -> BoM
APD -> Strongarm
Eso -> Gogok
Leap -> Rune Call of Arreat

It feels very powerful.

I guess you mean it feels very ‘Tanky’.

But yeah, if you give up CoE, it’s a good ideia to maximize DIBS: strongarm, earthquake rolls, Gogok or BoP, falter, battle rage. Call of arreat also seems to increase the benefits of area damage :-)
I use fire MOTE cause phys

12/16/2018 02:35 AMPosted by Wanderer
12/16/2018 12:27 AMPosted by R1CK
Hey guys.

What do you think about that:

CoE -> BoM
APD -> Strongarm
Eso -> Gogok
Leap -> Rune Call of Arreat

It feels very powerful.

I guess you mean it feels very ‘Tanky’.

But yeah, if you give up CoE, it’s a good ideia to maximize DIBS: strongarm, earthquake rolls, Gogok or BoP, falter, battle rage. Call of arreat also seems to increase the benefits of area damage :-)

No Battle Rage.
War Cry to get benefit of the extra Quake. It also increase the dmg output by channeling Pylon. Gogok supports the CD of War Cry too.

I even prefer ro play fire MOTE. Phys don’t shine out enough imO.
Yeah, of course the benefits of War Cry are good, and may work better with your particular build or style of play.

But don’t underestimate the power of Battle rage StP in higher rifts: the life sustain in density is just crazy and allows you to keep jumping right in the middle of those huge groups, even with ranged and elemental damage going on.
12/16/2018 04:32 AMPosted by Wanderer
Yeah, of course the benefits of War Cry are good, and may work better with your particular build or style of play.

But don’t underestimate the power of Battle rage StP in higher rifts: the life sustain in density is just crazy and allows you to keep jumping right in the middle of those huge groups, even with ranged and elemental damage going on.

I lnow that circumstances.
I tried 114 multiple times with CoE (nearly did it) and now 114 pushing with that build postet above.

Battle Rage is nice to have but the price which it will cost (less dmg output).
I've been using this combination, with BR:StP, for quite a while now, cleared 111 with under 2000 Paragon, good gear, mediocre gems and augments. In my experience it is quite hard to stay alive in density if you have neither APDs or BR:StP.

Also, you're not really losing damage in switching away from WC. With Gogok you optimally have 38.4% CDR, so that's a WC every 12.32 seconds, TS every 6.16 seconds, and EQ every 27.72 seconds. It takes about 3 seconds to leap 3X and Slam. A Greater Rift is 900 seconds long. In those 900 seconds, you can have:

900 Quakes from Leap
146 Quakes from TS
73 Quakes from WC
32 Quakes from EQ hard cast
1151 total Quakes

In reality, you may have a few more quakes from EQ, since the cooldown is reduced by spending fury, and those numbers are, of course, theoretical maximums, but the percentages above should be pretty close. So without WC you'd have 1078 quakes. 1151/1078 = 1.068, so you're basically getting 6.8% extra damage from WC. With BR you get 10% DIBS, which is like a 3.4% damage increase for me (300 DIBS vs 290 DIBS), and 3% CHC, which is a 4.1% damage increase. Those combine for an overall 7.6% damage increase from BR... which is more than the 6.8% you get from WC.

12/16/2018 03:53 AMPosted by R1CK
I even prefer ro play fire MOTE. Phys don’t shine out enough imO.

I prefer fire too, but hey, the 2nd highest world LQ clear (briefly the highest) was 119, using Phys. And there's video of Fatoce clearing 114 using Phys with only about 2600 paragon.

I'll close by mentioning that the #'s 1 and 2 world clears (Fire and Phys, respectively) both use Zei's. I wrote a post about Zei's in this thread about 2 weeks ago, might be worth thinking about before a big GR push.
Actually, writing this last post got me thinking about Gogok in general, and I kind of wanted to quantify what you get out of it. I can post all of my math if somebody really wants me to, but I figured I'd just keep it simple:

Using Gogok, you'll have 38.4% CDR rather than 33.3%. This will allow you to have only 1 8% CDR roll on a piece of gear, which means, probably, 50% extra CHD. I figure that if you didn't have Gogok, it would be better to sacrifice CHD rather than AD or CHC, because 50% is a smaller share of 480% than 20% is of 154% (AD) or 6% is of 57% (CHC).

Over the course of a rift, you will have a few more quakes, and will do +1.86% damage as a result.

You will gain +8.26% damage as a result of your +50% CHD.

You will spend more time in Insanity, and will do +3.8% damage as a result.

Your total damage increase is +14.46%
Can someone help, I am getting 1 shot kill on GR80.
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/DidiCici-1695/hero/81917493
is there anything I need to improve? besides my skill :)
12/17/2018 09:47 PMPosted by DidiCici

Missing Band of might.

Its either FnR OR CoE, not both. Well not before S16 anyways.

Ya, start with

- swap gogok for eso (APD + coe without eso is a suicide)

- swap Boon passive for NoS

- since you have lowerish para, swap brawler for relentless (I’m assuming you have rampage on HFA, can’t view from phone)

You need 800k+ life, and a lot of practicing, CoE + APD’s have highest learning curve from all MoTE builds, but it is very rewarding once mastered. I’m really busy in RL past/current week, trying to close few projects before year’s end, but I’ll try to find some time and post Gameplay tips for this variant.

Hi DidiCici

check out this playstyle vid
https://youtu.be/bySJ3Kw5zE4
12/18/2018 02:19 AMPosted by S4v4G3
- swap gogok for eso (APD + coe without eso is a suicide)

@DidiCici: this is a good idea. Note that you'll also need one more 8% CDR roll on your gear once you don't have Gogok. Perhaps you can reroll Vitality on your shoulders to CDR.

Or, keep Gogok, and switch Convention of Elements to Band of Might.

Here is one of the best clears using CoE that I've seen video of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55wU7AXiIr4
I was just looking through Fatoce's videos on his youtube channel and found this one of his 113 GR clear using Phys. I had seen his 114 but not this one. Here he has under 2000 paragon. Very impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnZClJtLO4
You'll never take CDR over CHC or CHD in the build. Rings will have CDR/CHC/CHD and you can roll CDR on shoulders without much trouble.
12/18/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Free
You'll never take CDR over CHC or CHD in the build. Rings will have CDR/CHC/CHD and you can roll CDR on shoulders without much trouble.

That's true, at high paragon. At low paragon, you really have to give up something important for CDR unless you're running Gogok.

You pretty much always want CDR on shoulders.

Without Gogok, you still need a CDR roll on either gloves or rings, and at lower paragon, quadfecta gloves (CHC/CHD/CDR/AD) will cost you a lot of STR, enough that it would be better to lose some CHC or CHD off a ring (for instance, something like 8.2% of my STR comes from my gloves).

You could sacrifice AD instead, but a single 20% AD roll is going to be a bigger share of your AD pool than a 6% CHC roll is of your total CHC or a 50% CHD roll is of your total CHD. That's especially true if you don't have AD on your weapon.

And when pushing GRs, I believe AD > CHC or CHD. It gives the largest damage bonus in density, and if you don't have density, well, you aren't going to succeed anyway.

I'm just over 2000 paragon, and for me it's better to drop CHC or CHD from a ring to pick up a CDR roll when I need it. If I gained maybe 500 more paragon levels, I would do better to run quadfecta gloves, and put the damage roll back on the ring.
12/18/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Rage
At low paragon, you really have to give up something important for CDR unless you're running Gogok.

vitality on gloves, thats all you need to give up for starters. Never compromise CHD because it is a 2h build and it already have low CHD in comparison to dual wield builds

12/18/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Rage
You could sacrifice AD instead, but a single 20% AD roll is going to be a bigger share of your AD pool than a 6% CHC roll is of your total CHC or a 50% CHD roll is of your total CHD. That's especially true if you don't have AD on your weapon.

And when pushing GRs, I believe AD > CHC or CHD. It gives the largest damage bonus in density, and if you don't have density, well, you aren't going to succeed anyway.

Your AD is boosted by CHC and CHD, taking AD over these stats is counter-intuitive. Non CHC damage is meh, practically non existent (if you dont crit you deal what, ~4x less damage?), CHD is lower already because of 2h, you always have to ditch vitality on gloves, when your rings are str/chc/chd. You bandaid it with 15% life on chest instead of all res, than as your gear comes together you get cdr on ring instead of mainstat, and you get ad over cdr on gloves. I was doing it sub 1000 paragon in seasons, no issues.

Also, Weapon can roll CDR and i pushed twice with CDR on weapon, once with 10%/cdr/ad weapon.

Never, ever, compromise chc or chd for cdr, even at 800 paragon.
12/18/2018 03:31 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Your AD is boosted by CHC and CHD, taking AD over these stats is counter-intuitive.

Uh, well, it may be counter-intuitive, but it's still a good idea. If you have full max rolls on CHC, CHD, and AD in all the usual places, you'll have:

54% CHC
+480% CHD
154% AD

Sacrifice one CHC roll (6%), and you'll lose 8.72% damage.
Sacrifice one CHD roll (50%), and you'll lose 8.13% damage.
Sacrifice one AD roll (20%), and you'll lose 1.82% damage, per adjacent target.

If you don't have AD on your weapon AND you sacrifice it on a ring, you lose 7.01% damage, per adjacent target. But let's assume you do have it on your weapon, and we're just talking about one 20% roll on a ring. At +1.82% increased damage, per adjacent target, AD begins to exceed CHD at 5 adjacent targets (+9.1%), and just goes up from there.

AD does damage within 10 yards. How many enemies can you have within 10 yards? Well, I just did a quick test with BR: Into the Fray, which gives you +1% CHC for every enemy within 10 yards. I quickly managed to raise my CHC by 30%. So that's 30 adjacent enemies, within 10 yards. 30 is more than 5!

Now look, I'm not saying that AD is always better than CHD. If you had +100% CHD and 134% AD, it would obviously be better to get more CHD instead of another AD roll. But when you're trying to really max out your gear, AD > CHD.

So, in an "ideal" situation, if you really need another CDR roll somewhere, and you have to sacrifice something, it will be either CHD, or STR. At high paragon, it's better to sacrifice STR. But if, say, you can choose between losing 8% damage from losing CHD, and losing 8% STR, it's better to lose the CHD. Because that 8% STR is going to give you the same amount of damage, and considerable toughness as well.

12/18/2018 03:31 PMPosted by S4v4G3
Also, Weapon can roll CDR and i pushed twice with CDR on weapon, once with 10%/cdr/ad weapon.

Well, of course. You're a legendary Barb player, you could probably prioritize Resource Cost Reduction and Rend Damage on all of your gear, and still make a good accounting of yourself. But that doesn't mean it's an optimal setup.
Guys, I want to give Phys MotE a go once S16 arrives. I plan to keep my IK6 (current 102) and my Phys MotE (current 97) on par with each other. Still have to find better gear for my MotE, I lack some ancients, and pretty much no augment yet.

Thing is: how do I squeeze AD in? Finding extremly hard to get gear with AD, without sacrificing chc and chd.

Question 2: if I use StP will I lose too much damage, giving up Bloodsheed?

I like bloodshed, but the healing sucks, is like playing on the edge all the time.

I like to play my phys mote with

TS Falter
Wrath
BR: Bloodshed.

Diamond all gear, gogok over ESO, for extra flexibility with gear. Oh, and BoM of course. Wish I could survive with FnR + CoE, but that's not happening for me.
12/20/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Hadd
how do I squeeze AD in? Finding extremly hard to get gear with AD, without sacrificing chc and chd.

Its harder for your paragon. Usually trade STR for AD on the usual spots. Shoulders, 2x rings, weapon, glove etc.
how do I squeeze AD in? Finding extremly hard to get gear with AD, without sacrificing chc and chd.

Its harder for your paragon. Usually trade STR for AD on the usual spots. Shoulders, 2x rings, weapon, glove etc.

Wish I could survive with FnR + CoE, but that's not happening for me.

You can try stun leap with APD. Personally havent tried as i am still lacking 4/6 EQ gears (salvaged them previously rip), I did read on other places it it quite good.