[Guide]2.61 MoTE - Leapquake Guide

Barbarian
Prev 1 34 35 36 Next
Good stuff Rage but (yup, there is a “but”) I cannot help myself but jump to assumption that you just took flat amount of enemies into account when calculating the damage comparison. It is good approach for general state of things, but there is quite a bit of difference between Area of Effect for Rumble and EQ. True, Rumble goes for 50 yards but only in one direction, while EQ is 18 yards but all around. This have a lot of impact on damage, because thanks to AD actual area of EQ is 38 yards circle vs 50 yards line of Rumble. In other words, if you look in a group of 30 enemies that are pulled by Cave In, there is no way you will hit all of them with Rumble, because they will be on your sides and behind you, out of reach. For anything above 10 enemies EQ blows Rumble out of the water because of “what is actually getting hit” factor. Rumble with FoTVP and BoD is really good for RG fights, no questions here, but thru the rift 5 enemies cap on bracers plus lower Area of Effect is making Rumble less effective. Leaping away on 3rd, and landing in oculus will offset this a bit, but remember 50 yards is a distance between you and Rift obelisk when standing in Tristram Waypoint, so leaping too far and slamming is no good either.
Hey Sav,

It's true, my math can't perfectly model the actual gameplay of going through a GR which is, of course, chaotic. And you're probably right that EQ should get a bit more benefit since it hits everything in a circle around you, whereas SS travels one direction in a sort of cone.

A significant amount of the damage from SS actually comes from huge AD procs from those first 5 enemies hit, who are likely to be very close to you (pulled to the center of the circle by cave-in). This AD, of course, deals its damage to all enemies within a 10 yard circle. So if you had a "heat map" of the overall damage you're dealing with SS, it would be sort of a bright red blob with a pink cone sticking out of it. EQ definitely does more net damage in larger groups, but the damage of SS actually spreads around a little more than you might think.

Anyway, I think we're basically on the same page. EQ does more damage over the course of the rift (especially since you're always hunting for density), and SS is great against small groups / single target.
Has anyone tried Gogok with trapped and stricken? I saw a YouTube recommending it but not sure if it would be better than powerful or zei
Windfoot,

Yes, I've used that combo a lot. So has Shamue55, who currently has the highest MOTE clear. Video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/425682099 . There's also an older clear of his on YouTube.

I wrote this post about Gogok with Leapquake a while back: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759299966?page=20#post-387

But, powerful and zei are both good too. I think zei's is discussed a good bit on pages 17-18 of this thread.
Sup guys! I finally did 114GR! Check it out:

https://youtu.be/qfJbBd7smqM
Nice, Hadd!
I knew it was just a matter of time, Hadd! In season 16 I didn't really push NS because I was running LQ seasonal too, and my best gear was split up. When S16 ended I equipped my new toys, did a 110, smashed it hard, and then RL got in the way. And now... S17 has me spending all my time on my DH, lol. I'll still catch you one day! I see you finally got your AR boots :)
06/13/2019 10:30 AMPosted by Poconut
I knew it was just a matter of time, Hadd! In season 16 I didn't really push NS because I was running LQ seasonal too, and my best gear was split up. When S16 ended I equipped my new toys, did a 110, smashed it hard, and then RL got in the way. And now... S17 has me spending all my time on my DH, lol. I'll still catch you one day! I see you finally got your AR boots :)

Poco, my bro, thank you for your words. I'm not playing the game with the same enthusiasm as before, but here we go, 120 GR one day! :-)
You should give some other classes a try if you're getting burned out. Rapid fire DH is the most fun I've had in the game in several seasons. Always a Barb at heart though!
06/13/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Poconut
You should give some other classes a try if you're getting burned out. Rapid fire DH is the most fun I've had in the game in several seasons. Always a Barb at heart though!

Yeah, some people told me that. Fact is I'm completely in love with Mordhau and PoE new patch is insanely fun. Still not abandoning D3, though.
06/13/2019 01:11 PMPosted by Hadd
120 GR one day! :-)

Yep, keep working at it and you'll get there!

I watched your video. Looks to me like you've gotten better at grouping enemies!

One thing I wanted to remind you of: Rumble deals its damage in 3 parts. Immediately upon hitting the enemies, they take the base 620% weapon damage. After 1 second, they take the first major share of damage, the first tremor, which, when running Animosity, can be nearly 2900% weapon damage. Another second later, the second tremor deals another 2900%.

This timing is a good thing to keep in mind when you're deciding when to be in an oculus circle. It's actually much less valuable to be in the circle when you Slam (second 0) than to be in the circle a little later (seconds 1-2), when those massive damage ticks are happening.

Just something to think about. Believe me, I know that in the chaos of playing an actual rift, things don't always work out that neatly!
Thank you, man. Really hoping to improve and push even further.
Hi, fellow Barbarians!

Can someone please take a look at my Fire-MotE Lady "Malah"?

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Barahir-2600/hero/32633563

I have recently cleared GR102 in a few seconds over 8 minutes, and with a good GR I think I might be able to do GR108-110.

I also have an ancient MotE Shoulder waiting in my stash with the same attributes but obviously higher stats for str and allres as the current one. I want to put an augment of at least 550 STR on it.

I think the rest of the gear is quite decent, yet:
What should be my next priorities in order to reach let's say GR115 or even higher?

Thanks in advance!
Hi Barahir,

You should definitely be able to clear 115 at your current paragon. The biggest problem I see is that you're quite light on area damage. Here's what I would do:

Drop Esoteric Alteration for Gogok of Swiftness
Roll CDR on your gloves to AD

I would also not use BR: Bloodshed. If you want damage, Into the Fray is going to be much more reliable. (Bloodshed's damage is reduced by the proc coefficient of skills, which is only 10% for EQ).

And if you have trouble staying alive without Esoteric, you can use BR: Swords to Ploughshares for tons of healing, or switch to War Cry (either Veteran's or Impunity). Between BR:STP and WC, I generally think BR:STP is better... with this skill and APDs, you are nearly unkillable in density.

You may also want to drop your Rubies in pants for more Diamonds, as 560 STR isn't going to make a huge difference to a player with your paragon and augments.

You also want to roll move speed on your boots to Armor. As S4v put it, "you want to be leaping, not running around."

In the future, you will want to get a Focus that has CHC-CHD-AD (with Gogok, you only need one 8% CDR roll-- on your shoulders). And you will want to look for a Blade of the Tribes that has DMG%-STR-AD, and of course, as high an EQ% roll as possible.

In terms of playing the build, just make sure you always stick to density. Density lets you kill things, via AD, and keeps you alive, via APDs. You don't want to be fighting elite packs by themselves unless they are really on death's doorstep. Drag them along with you to density. And ultimately, you will have to do significant fishing to really reach your max clear potential... but 115 should be very doable for you without a huge amount of trouble.

Hope that helps!
Hi, Rage,

first of all: thank you for your advice.

Switch gems skills and rubies for diamonds won't be a problem. Let's see how that affects my toughness...

'Focus' Rings: I haven't seen a decent one in months or even years. Pretty loooong streak of bad rings. Most of the time I get at least one defensive attribute.

Same thing with the weapon.

Maybe I should try the one armed bandit aka Kanai's cube on that, though I'm not exactly lucky with that either.

When it comes to fishing: I do not like to waste rift stones on GRs and try to finish most of them. Luckily, with the new T-levels it has become a bit less of a chore to collect new GR stones.

Regards
06/21/2019 07:04 AMPosted by Barahir
'Focus' Rings: I haven't seen a decent one in months or even years. Pretty loooong streak of bad rings. Most of the time I get at least one defensive attribute. Same thing with the weapon. Maybe I should try the one armed bandit aka Kanai's cube on that, though I'm not exactly lucky with that either.

I hear ya, buddy. It took me a long time to find the rings I've got now, and they're still not perfect...

06/21/2019 07:04 AMPosted by Barahir
When it comes to fishing: I do not like to waste rift stones on GRs and try to finish most of them. Luckily, with the new T-levels it has become a bit less of a chore to collect new GR stones.

I know what you mean. Luckily, for GR 115, at your paragon and gear, I don't think you'll have to spend a ton of keys. Maybe 50-60? (lol, now that I say it I realize that may seem like a large number to you).

But, I think the true edge of your potential currently is maybe a bit higher, say 118. At those upper reaches, there is probably something like a 0.5% chance of clearing the rift if you get a bad map or bad mobs. So, if you open a rift, see a cave level full of Khazra Impalers, and immediately quit, it's not so much wasting keys as regaining 10-15 minutes of your life that weren't going to be very fun or productive. Considering that in T13-16 you can farm an average of perhaps 1 keystone/minute, it's a lot quicker to just farm more keys than to spend time on bad GR maps.

That said, a man's got to have a code. And if yours is "waste no keystone", then I salute you and wish you the best of luck!
GR 123 down!

I've known it was doable (for me) for a while, but didn't get a chance to push till this week. The clear came on the heels of 2 busted attempts where it would have gone down if only I'd drawn a better RG or a Power Pylon when instead I got a shield.

Still, I shouldn't complain-- this only took me maybe 125 keys, as compared to 650+ for 122...

https://youtu.be/qZt54hk0DVg
06/24/2019 09:09 PMPosted by Rage
GR 123 down!

I've known it was doable (for me) for a while, but didn't get a chance to push till this week. The clear came on the heels of 2 busted attempts where it would have gone down if only I'd drawn a better RG or a Power Pylon when instead I got a shield.

Still, I shouldn't complain-- this only took me maybe 125 keys, as compared to 650+ for 122...

https://youtu.be/qZt54hk0DVg

Congratulations!

It is true solo record because:
1. You had only 2480 plvl.
2. You had LGems @ only 121-122 lvl.
3. You had Caldesan's @ only 110 lvl.
4. You play almost only solo.
5. You do not have 2-, 3-, 4-player-team's records in this Era.
6. You have been playing Fire MotE.
7. All the players above you had 3500-8100 plvl.
8. A lot of players in Top 100 had higher plvl than you.
9. A lot of players in Top 1000 had higher plvl than you.
10. You play barbarian even though barbarian has been the weakest class taking into consideration all the Eras.

Congratulations to You, again!
Prometeusz, thanks very much for the high praise! I’m impressed you took notice of all that info you listed.

Your namesake must have been watching over me last night!