T13 is now too easy

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
10/28/2017 01:07 PMPosted by TianZi
Too easy "now", where now refers to a very long time ago.

This. It became easy with MORE builds now, but it's not easier than before.
So many casuals downvoting because they are scared of playing a game that might be challenging. As if D3 could ever be challenging to begin with.
T13 has been a snooze fest since forever for me, this patch just make that more common for the bottom players. I farm GR103 solo now for xp. If you want challenge, I dare u push solo GR
I agree. I was saying the same thing two months ago and got as downvoted as you did. Why? Because this game is tuned for kids and kids enjoy one-shotting everything and avoid challenges at all costs.

Playing only GRs also gets boring. I enjoy random drops much more, but when a 5 year old can solo T13 in games with 4-players, I no longer see the point of playing outside of GRs at all.

Even if we get a T14 or T15, people could still play T13 if they prefer. But nope, still people resisting it, because screw people wanting a challenge. They want their easy no-challenge mindless one-shotting and their ego can't tolerate playing anything but the highest difficulty available. As if giving people a choice would be a bad thing. It's mind-boggling, really.

The bottom line is: Blizzard fans in general don't want to be challenged. Unless you want to play only GRs, you need to play something else. Sad but true.
10/28/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Mortac
The bottom line is: Blizzard fans in general don't want to be challenged. Unless you want to play only GRs, you need to play something else. Sad but true.

T13 wasn't a challenge to begin with, the only difference is that now more than 1 build per class can do them easilly, which helps a ton with build diversity.

You want challenge? that's what GR's are for, you want challenge and random drops? do a non set class build, like you said you are given options and you can challenge yourself if you wish.
10/27/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Crypto
Killing everything in 1 shot is not fun, I get bored pretty quickly now.

That's why there's GRs.

Personally, I prefer it this way. Mats are a necessity so the quicker I can get em the better.
10/28/2017 04:03 PMPosted by DrunkTank

That's why there's GRs.

Personally, I prefer it this way. Mats are a necessity so the quicker I can get em the better.
How would this change with higher rifts? You could still do t13 if you wanted. They don't reduce the mats you get from existing rift levels when they add higher ones, they just increase the mats you get in higher ones.
Sya for instance, if GR 140 dropped 50 items every round, that's like 50% chance at a primal. 100 GR 140s and you have a full primal set, perfect gear. No weapon upgrades.

Now transpose that to NRs. You play NR 90s and drops become a hassle to pick up. Like leaving single veiled crystals behind because of the hassle of going over to pick it up. Eventually you'd be running through not picking up everything. Like those old PTRs with 2000% magic find or what ever.

T18 would look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlRJk7ti9kQ
It just added more variety to T13. You can now use without punishment items that enhance farming like Sage set, Avarice Band, BotH, etc.
10/28/2017 04:00 PMPosted by Zamus
10/28/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Mortac

T13 wasn't a challenge to begin with, the only difference is that now more than 1 build per class can do them easilly, which helps a ton with build diversity.

You want challenge? that's what GR's are for, you want challenge and random drops? do a non set class build, like you said you are given options and you can challenge yourself if you wish.

Here we go with the pro arguments again. So just because T13 hasn't been a challenge for a long time, it should remain that way? Uh, ok.

If I want a challenge, I should be pigeon-holed to play only GRs? Why? How about giving us CHOICE? It wouldn't harm anyone, as it would simply please those who actually want to play the game instead of just running through everything as if you're playing on Normal.

Finally, you think that I should intentionally gimp my character so that I can get challenged? Wow, man, that sounds like so much fun. You do realize that we play this game to make our characters stronger, right?

How about we drop all these silly arguments and present CHOICE to the players instead of coming up with all these meaningless non-sense reasons. You speak of build variety, well, how about difficulty variety?
10/28/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Taiga
So many casuals downvoting because they are scared of playing a game that might be challenging. As if D3 could ever be challenging to begin with.

Nope couldn't be because it's just a really stupid idea. This was the problem when people complained that T10 was too easy. If they add in more levels now then when does it stop?
If you don't like speedfarming, !@#$ off to GR90.
You know what else isn't fun? Reading your posts.

And like many have stated before me, anything outside of GR is for farming. I don't know about you, but I prefer to reduce the farming time and actually focus on the action, or whatever that's left to be had.

If you think T13 is too easy, try farming without any sets on, or equip one of your class' ill-performing set instead. We have the Armory after all, so switch into something else and farm, and tell us if you still think the adjustments and balances for this patch is a blessing for most classes or not.

Adding more Torments won't make the game more challenging.

You know how I can prove this? They've added Torment levels twice already, and they aren't challenging.

It doesn't matter if they add Torment 30. They'll just increase the power of the classes until most set builds can wipe the floor with Torment 30 monsters. You know how I know that? It's happened twice before.

You're stuck under the impression that Torment levels are supposed to offer challenge. You should disabuse yourself of that notion. GRs are for challenge.
10/27/2017 06:13 PMPosted by Knairdarm

T13 is for farming
Also when seasons start and you hit paragon 10, you can't do T13
GR is endgame, you want harder, push GR

When the season starts and everyone gets hedrigs(however you spell it) gift bags, just about everyone will be on t13 depending on what the sets are. Heck for the Jade WD(dont think that is the girft this season), you are only going to need the 2 piece with the damage that puts out to do t13.
10/27/2017 06:59 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
T13 is the chore-like environment of the game. The faster it happens, the more you can focus on actually challenging difficulty levels. T13 wasn't difficult prior to the patch either, so there won't be much of a difference there if you already knew what you were doing.
Except I noticed that demon hunter required more ancients augmented last patch on demon than my Necromancer did in ue build plus all ancient sunwunko bell drop couldn't get past gr 72 --now it does 91 gr.
10/27/2017 06:16 PMPosted by DOA
Just figuring this out just now?

The patch didn't change anything on my end.

It did for me. Instead of 2 shotting elites I now 1shot them.

Adding more torments wouldn't make this game more challenging, because GRs scale infinitely. We already have that challenge in the game. People downvote you because your suggestion doesn't change anything, but if calling people who actually think before posting "casuals" makes you feel more hurrrrrcurrrrrrr, by all means, keep making a fool of yourself.
10/29/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Blashyrkh

Adding more torments wouldn't make this game more challenging, because GRs scale infinitely. We already have that challenge in the game. People downvote you because your suggestion doesn't change anything, but if calling people who actually think before posting "casuals" makes you feel more hurrrrrcurrrrrrr, by all means, keep making a fool of yourself.

How hard can it be to understand that many people prefer random drops and playing without a timer? I do. All my friends do. The problem is that Torment levels are so damn easy that it simply isn't fun. So we're stuck with choosing between zero challenge or a timer without random drops.

Random drops is important to many because that's how ARPGs are usually played, but when you are no longer challenged, any ARPG stops being interesting because there is no longer any reason to progress. A lot of people find playing only GRs boring pretty quickly.
10/29/2017 12:49 AMPosted by Oneup
Nope couldn't be because it's just a really stupid idea. This was the problem when people complained that T10 was too easy. If they add in more levels now then when does it stop?

Is there some reason it has to stop? As far as I'm aware numbers can always be added to unless you're concerned about hitting the 32bit int limit on torment(x) any time soon and upsetting the 32bit client userbase