T13 is now too easy

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
The only reason the open world or normal rifts feels like a "chore" is because the rewards have long since not been balanced properly to justify the time outside of GRs.

Simply upping the available difficulties may not fix that on its own, but it's still a step in preserving some game play variety for those who do not like the GR system. Yes, the bounty system needs a makeover. Yes, gold chests could use buffs. Absolutely, random events one stumbles into need better payoffs. We should be giggling with glee when finding a goblin. And most definitely, gems should have a way to be leveled outside of GRs.

Infinitely scaling difficulty in GRs does not mean "ignore the rest of the game" as some might want us to believe.
10/28/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Taiga
So many casuals downvoting because they are scared of playing a game that might be challenging. As if D3 could ever be challenging to begin with.

Well to be fair torment isn't about challenge, it's now just there to farm mats/keys, so making it higher it utterly pointless. This game was only challenging/hard during vanilla release, before the abomination of GR end game.
You gotta be kidding. What do you use 1 shot kills everything. I cant get past 11
10/29/2017 11:57 AMPosted by jimsaq
10/29/2017 12:49 AMPosted by Oneup
Nope couldn't be because it's just a really stupid idea. This was the problem when people complained that T10 was too easy. If they add in more levels now then when does it stop?

Is there some reason it has to stop? As far as I'm aware numbers can always be added to unless you're concerned about hitting the 32bit int limit on torment(x) any time soon and upsetting the 32bit client userbase

There's no need for more difficulty levels when greater rifts exist. That's the point behind them
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Adding more torments wouldn't make this game more challenging, because GRs scale infinitely. We already have that challenge in the game. People downvote you because your suggestion doesn't change anything, but if calling people who actually think before posting "casuals" makes you feel more hurrrrrcurrrrrrr, by all means, keep making a fool of yourself.

How hard can it be to understand that many people prefer random drops and playing without a timer? I do. All my friends do. The problem is that Torment levels are so damn easy that it simply isn't fun. So we're stuck with choosing between zero challenge or a timer without random drops.

Random drops is important to many because that's how ARPGs are usually played, but when you are no longer challenged, any ARPG stops being interesting because there is no longer any reason to progress. A lot of people find playing only GRs boring pretty quickly.

Oh, I agree.

However, the solution is not simply to ask for more Torment levels. For one thing, the game already has too many difficulty levels, and most of them are useless. For another, adding Torment levels didn't address the problem you're writing about the last 2 times. What makes you think it would this time?

You need an actual solution. More Torment levels doesn't cut it.

What would I like to see? I'd like to see GRs differentiated, and have added modes that aren't reliant on a freaking timer. I don't even care if they leave leaderboards in the timed mode only.
10/29/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Oneup

There's no need for more difficulty levels when greater rifts exist. That's the point behind them

this notion has already been debunked 2-3 times or more in this thread alone
do a bunch of !@#$head casuals play this game or troll these forums? OP is correct more torment levels need to be unlocked. why is he downvoted to hell?
10/29/2017 03:09 PMPosted by jimsaq
10/29/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Oneup

How so?

The last 2 times they added Torment levels it didn't solve the problem. Why would anyone even think it would solve the problem this time?
10/29/2017 03:22 PMPosted by kagan
do a bunch of !@#$head casuals play this game or troll these forums? OP is correct more torment levels need to be unlocked. why is he downvoted to hell?

Because as said already it will do nothing, T13 did nothing it was already being fast farmed by casuals, it was just farmed by less builds but it was far from a challenge, if we add another 3-5 difficulties nothing will change, it will still be a cake walk for 1-2 builds per class with no challenge.
10/29/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Zamus
10/29/2017 03:22 PMPosted by kagan

Because as said already it will do nothing, T13 did nothing it was already being fast farmed by casuals, it was just farmed by less builds but it was far from a challenge, if we add another 3-5 difficulties nothing will change, it will still be a cake walk for 1-2 builds per class with no challenge.

And all the casuals will complain that T15 is too hard.
With the buffs they gave to just about every class with 2.6.1 they should have included another difficulty bump.

As another poster stated, T13 wasn't hard before, And is even more trivial now with these insane buffs that everybody just received with the latest patch.

And remember, If they add a higher difficulty, You don't have to use it, This is for the people that complain about crap.

Everybody has their preference, And this is mine.
10/29/2017 03:36 PMPosted by Orrion
10/29/2017 03:09 PMPosted by jimsaq

How so?

The last 2 times they added Torment levels it didn't solve the problem. Why would anyone even think it would solve the problem this time?

It was debunked by providing arguments that show it to be a faulty premise - check back through the thread to see them.

There has not yet been provided a single reasonable argument against adding higher torment rifts in this thread. Clicking the downvote button does not constitute a reasoned response.
For example, to specifically address the one you've quoted a response to:

"There's no need for more difficulty levels when greater rifts exist. That's the point behind them"

1) The point of greater rifts is not to negate any/all other challenges in the game
2) If this were true, when greater rifts were added there would never have been any other torment levels added. From memory though, when GRs were added the highest torment level rift was 6
3) As has already been clearly shown in this thread, normal rifts offer things for some people that GRs do not. Asking for a bit more challenge in this area is not unreasonable and has no bearing at all on any existing component of the game
T13 has indeed become trivial, any buffed 6 set bonus(headrig gift) will be able to jump right in without too much effort next season.

However, i think adding more torment difficulties has got to stop, the amount of difficulties(17 lol) is already becoming a sort of parody.

I think it's about time Blizzard does the right thing and revise the difficulty system, something like this:

- Normal(like the current Expert)
- Hard(Torment 2)
- Expert(Torment 7)
- Master( Torment 12)
- Torment ( Equivalent to Torment 16/Greater rift 75)
- Nemisis(Optional in the future, if the power creeps follows the current trend)

That's 5-6 solid difficulty levels, no reason for 17(20 with the addition of T14-16) that only serve to split the community and confuse new players who thinks the game is a ghostown since they can't find players in torment 2,3,4,5 etc.
10/29/2017 11:18 PMPosted by Wierdzodi
T13 has indeed become trivial, any buffed 6 set bonus(headrig gift) will be able to jump right in without too much effort next season.

However, i think adding more torment difficulties has got to stop, the amount of difficulties(17 lol) is already becoming a sort of parody.

I think it's about time Blizzard does the right thing and revise the difficulty system, something like this:

- Normal(like the current Expert)
- Hard(Torment 2)
- Expert(Torment 7)
- Master( Torment 12)
- Torment ( Equivalent to Torment 16/Greater rift 75)
- Nemisis(Optional in the future, if the power creeps follows the current trend)

That's 5-6 solid difficulty levels, no reason for 17(20 with the addition of T14-16) that only serve to split the community and confuse new players who thinks the game is a ghostown since they can't find players in torment 2,3,4,5 etc.

Nemesis - current highest SOLO GR -30
Yeah that makes sense Wierdzodi
T-13 is for farming mats. Do GR 70 and up if 13 is too easy.
Rifting is about speed optimization...not raw power. As a result, tailor your builds to exploit easier difficulty levels.
10/28/2017 04:07 PMPosted by jimsaq
10/28/2017 04:03 PMPosted by DrunkTank
That's why there's GRs.

Personally, I prefer it this way. Mats are a necessity so the quicker I can get em the better.
How would this change with higher rifts? You could still do t13 if you wanted. They don't reduce the mats you get from existing rift levels when they add higher ones, they just increase the mats you get in higher ones.

What I said about mats, has nothing to do with rifts and everything to do with bounties. Comprehension is key.
T13 being to easy is not a problem in my book, I am happy being able to farm mats faster.

If they keep adding extra Torments eventually would be like opening Grifts.

One scenario that I can see majority happy is if they get rid of some torment levels and make each level more relevant, I have read one suggestion that was a nice "solution", have only 10 torment levels and each Torment level had 10 Grift equivalent example: T1=GR10, T2=GR20 etc, so people could still choose T6 to farm at same speed as current T13 and have T10 that probably will be overkill for most of the players but this will end the need of more dificult Torments for a while.