Season feels, your reaction?

General Discussion
Hello Everyone,

So, I have been extremely excited for all the balance updates to D3 in patch 2.6.1 especially to the Barb and the HotA build. That being said, the more I play this season, the less inspired I feel to keep playing. I am really not sure why, because there are so many more builds to push end game content with. Maybe it is time to walk away for a bit?

Are there any others out there that are feeling the same as me?

As always, thanks for any contributions :)
Played last 5 seasons. This season there is no incentive. No new Pet. No interesting transmorgs. Ugly Banner. Fugly pigeon wings. And Ive maxed out on stash tabs at 12. Ill stay NS until they come up with something better.
Probably because kill kill kill, press t, drop some stuff on the ground, bank some stuff, kill kill kill rinse and repeat gets boring after awhile.
11/14/2017 12:45 PMPosted by ShogunRob
Played last 5 seasons. This season there is no incentive. No new Pet. No interesting transmorgs. Ugly Banner. Fugly pigeon wings. And Ive maxed out on stash tabs at 12. Ill stay NS until they come up with something better.

I can certainly get where people are coming from with this, but to me, the game has always simply been about fun.

I guess I am just surprised that all these balance changes have actually made me less interested than more interested! Curious why this would be???
11/14/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Curious why this would be???

Because there's nothing new.. It's all be done before, it has all been tried. It's all down to how big numbers can you create. There's nothing truly new to it, it's still just more of the same...

And you sound like you are struck with the issue of choosing, and prefered to have the choice made for you in regards to what you ought to play.
You Burning out a bit I think, take a brake. I think all players have these phases. I know I had a few in my few thousands hours long journey. It's a nature of grind games. No matter what balancing changes will be, there is only 4 sets for each class that took the game over long time ago. Their mechanics don't change and down the road everybody will realize that GR level is just the number.

I rotate, I play season, non season, solo and group, this keeps my experience fairly fresh all the time. I chase carrot of leaderboards every now and than or I carry less fortunate folks, I grind for 40+ hours a week till my eyes bleed or I work on build that will be 10 levels behind, I main Barb but I have wizards, necros and monk decked out if needed. Game has plenty of content, but ironically content is same for each class and build, so in a long run you will always find yourself doing same thing over and over:)
I did the same thing. This week I've gone back to starcraft (remastered is beautiful), played some lords of the realm 2, and i actually started playing POE (which is awesome). I'm back here just checking in to see what's happening.

But I went through the exact same thing. I join a game, and I'm like, meh do I really feel like using my evening on this?
It's a bit cold outside, but that's what I like. So ofc. winter is near and I love it. Don't like summer much, but fall and spring is decent.
But the best season for me is def. winter. Yeah, I like it.
I've played S1 till S5 in HC. That was probably the best time I had.

After that, S6-S8 were SC and I've started to feel bored with D3's repetitive aspect.
To put insult to the injury, that augment recipe (candlesan's despewhatever) is the epitome of the hamster wheel.

So I took a break, skipped S9, played S10, got very bored and here I am, playing something else.

All I need is probably a break and might replay eventually, but I'm not kidding myself, the repetitiveness nature of this game is set in stone.
*gigity*
Not fun knowing you can never beat a Necro in anything and that your favorite class will forever be gimped.
11/14/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Gong
Not fun knowing you can never beat a Necro in anything and that your favorite class will forever be gimped.

Beat at what exactly? LOL-boards? Go play your favorite class, and have fun. No one is stopping you but you.
I have played every season for the last couple of years since I got the game and last season when I got back from a break and played necro for the first time, I went really hard. I broke all my records even for non season and I got burnt out. I'm playing this season but I have no interest or desire like last season. I don't have any goals this season. Maybe because it's all the same meta so it's like a repeat of last season. Still rathma runs + zbarb/zmonk/wd/necro pushing meta. Last season It was fun because of the necro and because I beat such high GR lvls that I never dreamed of, like I did a gr 116 group and 105 solo. My char was new and he was so fun and strong that I really enjoyed it and beating those records for the first time was fun. In the end though, it all came down to fishing for rifts and leaving the game, or else having to do rathma speed runs all day, and that was pretty boring so I ended up quitting about 5-6 weeks before the season ended.

We need a new char like druid or some kind of new content to get people interested again. I think a lot of people could probably use a good 6 month break too and skip a few season completely. I used to always quit D2 and come back and maybe we need to do that with D3.
Seasons used to at least give me something to do for like 2 weeks, but this season already reached guardian and beat my prior season GR rift by day 4. With all the buffs it just makes doing anything in this season feel underwhelming to me. Like it's cool and all but at the same time its so easy to kill everything not sure how much longer I will play.

On the plus side, a nice opportunity to make new characters and try some builds I haven't in the past. That might keep me interested for awhile.
11/14/2017 01:56 PMPosted by Dukus
Seasons used to at least give me something to do for like 2 weeks, but this season already got reached guardian and beat my prior season GR rift by day 4. With all the buffs it just makes doing anything in this season feel underwhelming to me. Like it's cool and all but at the same time its so easy to kill everything not sure how much longer I will play.

On the plus side, a nice opportunity to make new characters and try some builds I haven't in the past. That might keep me interested for awhile.

Really though, people have always been able to do their season journey really fast. I remember a few seasons ago when I did a gr 70 to unlock primals and I was only 400-450 paragon and I had a helltooth garg wd. I never understood people who were too weak to do those things. I guess they didn't pick the strongest builds lol.
11/14/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Hello Everyone,

So, I have been extremely excited for all the balance updates to D3 in patch 2.6.1 especially to the Barb and the HotA build. That being said, the more I play this season, the less inspired I feel to keep playing. I am really not sure why, because there are so many more builds to push end game content with. Maybe it is time to walk away for a bit?

Nope not at all...BUT I have at one point in time with any and all games I have played. You have the right answer.

Maybe it is time to walk away for a bit?

I did and almost 2 yrs, I came back and I am having a blast. I get home from work make supper, take a piping hot shower, take my "medicine" that tends to make me feel really relaxed and ready to kill stuff.

Try Hots or Hearthstone? Overwatch is definitely worth the investment if you have not already, or any other genre that you like if you do not like anything I mentioned. Or maybe put gaming aside for a bit. *GASP* LOL

I am a WoW player. I have admitted to myself I will never quit. I do however take some rather long breaks.

I was the GM of a PvP guild called "Scream" we were about 350 people but maybe 1/2 that because of alts.

Over time people started to bunt heads, which lead to drama, which lead to me not playing the game and dealing with the drama. Midway through Cata, I logged in and I was immediately hit with a storm of pst's , it was a high end of stupid, a even a crazy amount of ridiculous drama like no other.

Right there I felt my blood pressure rise, and anger overflowing, over all this petty cheesy <insert word of choice here> behavior. I was not having fun at all!!

I said in guild chat (this is not verbatim but pretty close) :
" Damnit I am on my last smoke brb gotta go to the store."
Right before logging I handed the gm position to the next person in charge and logged out.

I did not log back in to WoW till the tail end of MoP.

Now I just don't force it, I know when I have had enough. I just change games, because games are meant to be fun, when they stop filling that role, it becomes a true waste of time.

It is also why I thumbs down anyone who mentions making changes/mechanics in Diablo to work like WoW. I play Diablo because of how different it is.
11/14/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Hello Everyone,

This is what the sliver of a minority is hinting at when they say rotten to the core...
What games are not repetitive?

Sports games? You are doing the same thing match after match.

Racing games? You Steer the wheel race after race.

First person shooters? You shoot stuff that jumps out at you. Repeat.
This was my first season I actually played for awhile. I think I played about 5 hours total in the last year and a half before the last reset. AFter seeing the upcoming patch I decided to give it a try, and roll a new toon. After 3 days I'm painfully bored, and will probably never come back at this point.

Comparatively I went back to D2 last ladder reset, and I played for months, and had a great time. Drops were much more satisfying. Trading was nice.

It's weird because D2 doesn't have really much content, but completing it feels so much more satisfying. The first time defeating baal in a new ladder. Or finally being able to complete ubers, and get a torch. Everything feels like a chore in Diablo 3.