Rift Entrance Assaults

General Discussion
Since this patch I'm constantly getting hit often on entrance into a rift or a new rift entrance.

I thought they had corrected this, so you had a bit of room to get your buffs up and fight?

Glad I'm not playing HC
Never was fixed right. A fix did last until the density-map tiles were changed a couple patches ago.
They just have never revisited the issue since.
Never happened to me, although some random-!@# insta hits often happen when you spawn an elite from a shrine/pylon. It's kinda kay when running low lvl grifts or just regular ones, but on high lvl grifts this is just one shot and *U DED*... unless you have your cheat death passive on).

Anyways, the point is that this should not be happening in my opinion and I consider it a bug or sth.
yeah. getting raped at entrance no fun
I enjoy the entrance filled with mobs.

Especially in HC.

If your character is not geared right don't expect to be able to walk into a rift or GRift and walk around till you feel ready to start the slaughter!

Thank you Blizz for the entrance attack, it makes me stay full attention when I click that start button.
Ya especially when you need defencive stacks.
Which is stupid btw.

And there are 5 elite mobs at the entrance.
And nothing else.

I'm fine with it if bone storm starts at 15.
Honestly, this is such a non-issue, especially for "Softcore" players. Does it happen to me? Yes, but very rarely. And rarely is it what I would call an "ambush," as in, the monster began attacking me before I had time to react. Yes, in a very limited number of instances there have been monsters that I thought had spawned too close to the entrance, but again, it happens so rarely that it is not an issue to a Hardcore player, such as myself. If you want to know what gets my blood pumping, try having your game lag in the middle of an elite pack, or get disconnected from the game. Because, Hardcore players love that.

If the Developers have time to change anything, let them fix the map layouts and adjust the numbers of certain monster-types that can spawn. The Act III Core of Arreat maps need to be removed completely. And if my cheat-death procs one more time from a Kazra spear, I'm gonna bludgeon those pesky goatmen with my keyboard.
10/07/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Amrita
I enjoy the entrance filled with mobs.

Especially in HC.

If your character is not geared right don't expect to be able to walk into a rift or GRift and walk around till you feel ready to start the slaughter!

Thank you Blizz for the entrance attack, it makes me stay full attention when I click that start button.

The problem there is even if you ARE geared right you have a chance to be blown away before you can react due to load times. And no, this isn't dependent on internet or computer configuration. It can happen with the game on an SDD on a computer that can run the highest settings asleep.

Not sure if trolling but it has nothing to do with gearing, it has to do with poorly placed mobs that attacks you before you have your defence up. I have had HC Heroes die because two Elite groups spawned right at the entrance and basically one-shot me. Yet that Hero survived thousands Rifts at same difficulty just fine when it wasn't completely ambushed.
10/07/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Lithlidessa4
yeah. getting raped at entrance no fun

Damn, I was going to make that joke.
10/07/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Vresiberba

Not sure if trolling but it has nothing to do with gearing, it has to do with poorly placed mobs that attacks you before you have your defence up. I have had HC Heroes die because two Elite groups spawned right at the entrance and basically one-shot me. Yet that Hero survived thousands Rifts at same difficulty just fine when it wasn't completely ambushed.

lol, okay guys, here goes.....

I click on the pylon and choose GR 74 and grit my teeth slightly with my WD.
I am ready for a one punch attack at the entrance as I hit 'Q' & 'E' to drop dogs & gargs as soon as my SSD spawns me at entrance.

If there is a mob there I hit 'R' for spirit walk to move across opening to regroup.
Now, with single goatmen and god knows what else around me I instantly know my dogs & gargs are up w/ Sacred Harvest at least one stack as I begin moving behind my gargs and keep moving.

No stopping as I move around opening as I wait out 5 or 10 seconds and finally 8 or more purple globes are on the ground and serious wood has developed along with my hackles are roaring in a fine sheen, my game continues ahead of the timer with slaughter continuing.
10/07/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Amrita
okay guys, here goes.....

Yeah, this isn't so much a LtP issue as it is a design flaw. In my world, you strive to fix flaws even thought they can be circumvented.

lol

Really?
10/07/2017 01:12 PMPosted by Vresiberba

lol, okay guys, here goes.....

I click on the pylon and choose GR 74 and grit my teeth slightly with my WD.
I am ready for a one punch attack at the entrance as I hit 'Q' & 'E' to drop dogs & gargs as soon as my SSD spawns me at entrance.

If there is a mob there I hit 'R' for spirit walk to move across opening to regroup.
Now, with single goatmen and god knows what else around me I instantly know my dogs & gargs are up w/ Sacred Harvest at least one stack as I begin moving behind my gargs and keep moving.

No stopping as I move around opening as I wait out 5 or 10 seconds and finally 8 or more purple globes are on the ground and serious wood has developed along with my hackles are roaring in a fine sheen, my game continues ahead of the timer with slaughter continuing.

I have an SSD too, and I've been dive-bombed by Act V assassins and whatever those guys that drop out of the sky onto your character are called (though I think they stopped having them do that a while back, and they're just on the ground with the champion now). Also been slammed by a group of Mallet Lords. Even been hit by a large group of spear-throwing goats. At higher level GRs it only takes a couple of spears landing to kill you, even if you have the cheat death passive.
10/07/2017 06:48 AMPosted by Linkee
when you spawn an elite from a shrine/pylon
There should be a 300-500ms delay before the monster attacks, so you can at least react to the spawn. As it is now, you better be ready to move the instant you hit that pylon.

As to the swarm at the door, they did acknowledge that as a problem in some past patch notes (not going to spend a hour looking), and they fixed it, but it seems with every patch where they fix a few things, they break the things they fixed in the last patch. Always been like that. As if they just throw out the current code, and start with a new copy from the 2014 vault.

Full attention or not, if you're dead before the load screen is over EVEN ON AN SSD with a decent quadcore and a 970 graphics card, then something is wrong. I'm not saying I have the BEST pc in the world but a 970 is not a terrible card despite all the memes about it and I may not have D3 on my fastest SSD but it's still an SSD, point being if I can die or proc a death passive from just zoning in I'm pretty sure people loading from a HDD will be even worse off.
If this is an issue, imo people having to rift fish is more important to fix !