End date of season 11

General Discussion
when will season 11 end cause they dont tell when
Soon
hopefully sooner than later we're all bored out of our minds from this patch.
I really don't blame people for asking when they remain silent on the end dates until the 2 weeks before they end the season.

They should make it a policy that when they announce the start date they should at the same time also announce the end date for each season bearing any unforeseen issues.
Why not wait for them to tell you?

They have stated, and more importantly if you search the forums before posting, that they will give you a 2 week notice.
Me think 5 oct but me think wrong.

Me maby thing today 6 oct. But me might be wrong again.

Me no play S12 now. Me work.
10/05/2017 08:52 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
I really don't blame people for asking when they remain silent on the end dates until the 2 weeks before they end the season.

They should make it a policy that when they announce the start date they should at the same time also announce the end date for each season bearing any unforeseen issues.

That would be awesome if they announced start and end date simultaneously, but then that gives them no wiggle room for PTR and changes they make during them.

I understand they need that wiggle room, so set dates are not something we may ever get, until we are truly in maintenance mode.
You already know the soft end date for the season. It's always about 3 months. Any more specific than that and it would definitely change +/- 2 weeks based on PTR. So asking them to pin down a date at the beginning of the season is just asking to be disappointed.

I just hope they don't have a 4 week break between seasons like last one. Season players hate NS. It does nothing for them when they know they'll abandon in a week or two to go back to seasons.
Somewhere between now and later.
Blizz can't foresee 3 months ahead when a patch is in begin phase, and so much to do in between.

If they made end dates when a new season is announced they would fail every time.
So, this is why things are the way they are.
“After further reviewing the play”...Season 11 will end approximately on October 12th. Hence, normally, seasons are approximately 85 days long, just like past season were. 2.6.1 patch to follow soon after.
Seasons should be an annual event, not every quarter. Wouldn’t make a difference except lighten the work load on the maintenance individual.
10/06/2017 05:50 AMPosted by DoctorSatan
“After further reviewing the play”...Season 11 will end approximately on October 12th. Hence, normally, seasons are approximately 85 days long, just like past season were. 2.6.1 patch to follow soon after.

Well, if they were going to end it then, it would have been announced already, as they give 2 weeks notice. Sry to be the bearer of unwanted news.

In general:
You just need to be patient. This is not something that needs to be rushed. Praying and wishing won't make it happen any faster. There are others still playing the season. There are tests still being done on the PTR. There is still time in your short life. Not everything needs to happen at the speed of "now".
10/06/2017 06:16 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
Seasons should be an annual event, not every quarter. Wouldn’t make a difference except lighten the work load on the maintenance individual.
Oh HELL NO...
I was done with season 11 (Burned out done) last month... I only play on season.
I broke out and started hashing D2 which as 6 month ladders, which is too long too but its in Maint Mode anyway... Any season more than 3 months would kill the game for many people.
10/06/2017 07:24 AMPosted by kwittstruck
10/06/2017 06:16 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
Oh HELL NO...
I was done with season 11 (Burned out done) last month... I only play on season.
I broke out and started hashing D2 which as 6 month ladders, which is too long too but its in Maint Mode anyway... Any season more than 3 months would kill the game for many people.

Burned out, well who’s fault is that? Silly boy...yes, peer out your man-cave window and you’ll see a another world out there called life!
Anyword on when the patch drops?
10/06/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Thanos
Anyword on when the patch drops?

"Usually" it's the Tuesday after season ends when they patch, which would kind of nice.
So, looks like October 20th Seaon 11 ends, Season 12 begins November 9th....soooo, nothing about when patch 2.6.1 drops? Looking for a Tuesday...hmmm...looks like October 24th patch 2.6.1 may drop...fingers crossed.