1-70 sucks hard

General Discussion
I rather enjoy the leveling up process, swapping my skills as I see fit depending on what gear I'm finding. Then there's the fact that finding crap legendaries during this time are actually worthwhile, if only for an hour or so as they can be genuine upgrades.

Personally I dislike how finding the 'good' legendary gear you'd want for a build at lower levels is pointless given the current pace of leveling, even solo. I much prefer the approach used in Diablo 2.
For the past two seasons I have utterly enjoyed doing the 1-70 with necro. Corpse explosion for the win!
Im kinda with the above. I kinda like the 1-70 grind as its different then the post70 gear grind. The one thing I do tend to do every season is to build a level 70 set ment for a level 1 character. Its different then the normal and darsay fun.
Just power level with gem of ease, socket into a level 70 weapon and you'll be 70 in no time.
Or join friends.
I just wish they'd allow us to pick the skills/runes/passives that unlock as we level instead of keeping everything on rails. Leveling would be more fun with the ability to 'build' your character along the way.
1-70 in 10 minutes. yah thats a real slog.
The only time I really liked going through 1-70 was when i was playing a class i'd never played yet. So like when the necro came out, I actually played it solo 1-70 because it helped me understand all the skills. It forces you to see what each skill does, what the runes do, try them, hate them, try different ones, etc. Then when i hit 70, i did the build research, etc.
I didn't mind the level 1-70 grind this season too much. Played a character I don't often main.

The big problem was someone, level 1 jumped in my game when I was somewhere between level 40 and 50. I was running T1 solo when he came in. Had to drop it down to Master when he joined. After a couple of rifts, we stopped for a minute and he messaged someone in our clan for a power level for both of us but there was no dice because almost everyone was still either making their way to seventy or hadn't geared up enough to run T6 and carry.

So this season, I solo'd the 1-70. Took a couple of days at a couple of hours a day. I don't have the self leveling method down that makes it quicker.

That said, I did craft a 70 item with a reduced item level around around 58 or so. So it was quicker after that.
I will say in relation to this, and this is a bigger problem with D3 in general in my opinion, is that I thought the level progression was too fast. I wouldn't make it any harder right now because the game was designed to start at 70. But I think experience has been completely commoditized (sure that's a word). Experience was everything in D2 and many other similar games. Now it's just something that's in the way.

You hit level 2 after like 7 monsters. Forget gems of ease, etc.

Personally I'd rather have a cap of 90 or 100, takes the same amount of time to get there as it would paragon 2000, and you get to choose your skills/runes (with some sort of progression restriction) as you go.

I don't even know why I'm sharing this anymore...
Hmm, that's a rough one. 1-70 years irl sucks for you? Oh, boy. I feel a "see the doctor" incoming. But truth of it all, you need to seek out some fun in your life. May I suggest spending some cash or see a movie, that's always a hitter, but a life depression like this? That's a rough one, indeed.
11/14/2017 01:11 PMPosted by DaRupp
I will say in relation to this, and this is a bigger problem with D3 in general in my opinion, is that I thought the level progression was too fast. I wouldn't make it any harder right now because the game was designed to start at 70. But I think experience has been completely commoditized (sure that's a word). Experience was everything in D2 and many other similar games. Now it's just something that's in the way.

Personally I'd rather have a cap of 90 or 100, takes the same amount of time to get there as it would paragon 2000, and you get to choose your skills/runes (with some sort of progression restriction) as you go.

I have good news. There is a game out there that does exactly this. I (P)redict y(O)u could find it if you look clos(E)ly.
As per TheTias I could not agree more, constant upgrades, If you did not do the challenge gold actually means something, so does salvaging mats.

That 1 to 70 goes very fast and then it's all about the grind.

I also use it to test different talents and runes, ones I normally never use, and I test them in pixel battle. Usually only to realize :"now I know why it's underused.

But to each their own, just because I enjoy it does not mean everyone does or has to....
And here I am thinking the leveling process is the best part about D3...
You can set the difficulty absurdly high so you aren't just roflstomping everything, you actually get meaningful progression with new skills and abilities. Hell, one of the best moments I had last year was making a new character to do the D1 anniversary dungeon on T1 with no paragons or other advantages. It was a total blast.
11/14/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Moridin
11/14/2017 01:11 PMPosted by DaRupp

I have good news. There is a game out there that does exactly this. I (P)redict y(O)u could find it if you look clos(E)ly.

I started playing it 2 days ago :)
11/14/2017 01:39 PMPosted by DaRupp
11/14/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Moridin

I started playing it 2 days ago :)

Haha nice!
I think it's fun when the season literally just started and everyone is lvl 1 so you're all out there fighting together trying to accomplish the same goal. If you do it solo or start too late when there's no groups, then yeah, I think that would suck. It took me 3 hours and 15 mins to hit 70 this season but at least I was always in a group and was able to leech a lot.
11/14/2017 03:58 AMPosted by kayakpat
I'm sorry, but the initial leveling process through level 70 is an abysmal slog. You get all excited about a leg dropping only to have it obsolete and replaced by a blue drop ten minutes later. I put off starting this season simply because I dreaded this part. After you've played a few seasons, there is zero joy till you get to 70.

For a season reward, keep your wings and your set armor and your portrait frame. Give me a level 70 bypass token for the following season.

You have 2 options:

1) Suck it up. It only takes a few hours to get 70.

2) Get power leveled. It only takes 10 minutes to get 70.
It's just a meaningless chore. It's not a big deal, really, but If I have a choice between powerleveled or going through it myself I'll definitely take the former. A predefined pattern of unlockable skills with very little contribution towards the actual game once you hit 70 past a couple of cube-worthy legs you would be getting anyways at 70 is hardly a compelling setup imho.
11/14/2017 05:16 AMPosted by TheTias
Honestly, I find the 1-70 trek more satisfying than the "endgame" slog. I suspect the primary reason for that is that while leveling, I'm making tangible progress either in levels, in gear, professions, or all of the above. Once I hit 70 my progression slows down dramatically,

Same opinion here. For me personally the game starts dying off after level 70 and maybe few hundred paragons... It just becomes bland and stale. So Journey up to this point is something that keeps me interested. Well, I guess we all have our preferred gameplay.

11/14/2017 03:58 AMPosted by kayakpat
Give me a level 70 bypass token for the following season.

Doubt that blizz gonna introduce something like this. I personally don't care even if they do since I'm not gonna use it anyways, it'll kill the game completely for me.
Yeah not understanding why the 1-70 grind when it's a season just put them at 70 with blue gear and go.