Is it Christmas?!

General Discussion
Patch 2.6.1 just ninja'd into the servers today. BEST SURPRISE EVER!

Thank you Blizz! ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Not till Nov 9, but its nice
Says it is downloading now, guess not Nov 9th.
Not really ninja'd imo. Seemed natural since season ended.
Seemed natural, but you never know. Glad to see that their communication skills have improved.
I love the changes...but it seems that my equipped gear and gear in my inventory did not receive these changes. Am I right in assuming that the changes only affect gear that is obtained after this patch? If so, it’s kinda disappointing.
10/24/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Esoteric
I love the changes...but it seems that my equipped gear and gear in my inventory did not receive these changes. Am I right in assuming that the changes only affect gear that is obtained after this patch? If so, it’s kinda disappointing.

Set gear (green) gets the changes retroactive, other (orange) will need to be refound.
10/24/2017 11:38 AMPosted by Pestilence
Not really ninja'd imo. Seemed natural since season ended.
There were no official statements about releasing the patch today. There wasn't even a general "maintenance" alert on the client app.

And every past patch release happened the week-before or the week-of the new season. Best to my knowledge/memory, anyhow.
10/24/2017 11:48 AMPosted by CyberDoc
10/24/2017 11:44 AMPosted by Esoteric

Set gear (green) gets the changes retroactive, other (orange) will need to be refound.

Thanks for responding. That's too bad. I had a sweet wizard build with the Legacy of Nightmares set and a lot of Ancient Orange Legendaries with it. Will rerolling the items with Kenai's cube activate the changes?
launch ahead asia and eu :) yes... Xmas :)
10/24/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Esoteric
10/24/2017 11:48 AMPosted by CyberDoc

Thanks for responding. That's too bad. I had a sweet wizard build with the Legacy of Nightmares set and a lot of Ancient Orange Legendaries with it. Will rerolling the items with Kenai's cube activate the changes?

Any legendaries that were buffed this patch will have to be re-found. Re-rolling your current legendaries will only result in old stats. I believe if you cube your items, they will be buffed to the new stats, but then you lose the item itself (which I doubt you want to do).

Also, check the patch notes. Not 'all' legendary gear was updated. You will just need to find the latest versions of the (legendary) gear noted in the below thread.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21115840/patch-261-now-live-10-24-2017#items