Suggestion: A PvPvE system in Diablo 3 (or D4?)

Brawling
I think about a PvPvE system (1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 Player), where you can compete with other players live and not only via a ranking table (With matchmaking system, division system (bronze, silver, gold, diamond,..), reward chests for winner, etc....)

With different gamemodes that need different builds to succeed.

f.e. 1 mode need a more tanky build, the other a more agile, the 3rd need as much DMG as possible, etc....the armory is the perfect tool to switch between those (maybe expand to 10 builds). ;)

F.e.:
King of the hill: The first group who fight trough different monster/bosses and reach as first the peak/kill the endboss win the game.

Endless hordes: Defend as many Zombie waves as possible.

Deadly Lab (4v4): Both groups have to find a way trough a deadly Labyrinth (always random) to fight the minotaur in the center....on the way to the middle u have to solve puzzles (from easy to hard..always random too) where you have to work as a team.
Ofc with deadly monsters and many dead ends....so u need a good balanced team combination, good teamplay and skill to master it before the enemy team.

Rush the tower (4v4): A Moba like gamemode with 2 lanes ....the 1st team that deactivate 2 towers at one lane, destroy the door of the castle and kill the 2 powerfull guards and the warden win the game.

Battle Royale: A big area (a whole Act maybe, always random act 1,2,3,4 or 5) connnected together and 100 player spawn randomly into it.
You spawn naked (like starting a new char only with a white weapon).
To equip yourself theyre moster everywhere, chests, small quests by random NPCs, monster camps with bosses at random points, etc.....and ofc you can loot the corpses of other players.
The goal is the same as in other battle royale games like PUBG...the last who survive win.
Ofc possible to play Solo, Duo or as Squad.
I think a battle royale mode would fit perfect into Diablo and would be something new that bind 1000ts of players into it. ;)

And so on...

and the reward chest has a higher chance to drop a primal ancient (Or higher dropchance for legendary if they hopefully lower the droprate in D4). ;)

Share you'r ideas here.....what PvP or PvPvE mode could fit into Diablo 3 or maybe could find a place in Diablo 4?
Gotta admit, at first I was skeptical but after reading through the whole post you have some pretty good ideas.

My only thing would be it has to be an opt in mode of play (much like the filtering used for choosing public games) as long as that is the method I can't really see how anyone could complain. (griefers eliminated by this hurdle)

Last thing the game needs or the next game needs is the ability for trolls to come romp stomping through lowbies games pk'ing left and right. Just for giggles on a stream.

EDIT: Gotta say... the Battle Royale mode sounds the most fun to me
11/07/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Arawn
My only thing would be it has to be an opt in mode of play (much like the filtering used for choosing public games) as long as that is the method I can't really see how anyone could complain. (griefers eliminated by this hurdle)

Ye it would be seperated.

Then we would have 3 modes: Story, Adventure and PvP (which include PvPvE too).
But you can play with the same character all 3 modes.
Only at Battle Royale you get a new character (ofc bcs the rule), but if you win the prize chest goes to the mail of your current character. (Season or Non-Season)

11/07/2017 05:28 AMPosted by Arawn
EDIT: Gotta say... the Battle Royale mode sounds the most fun to me

Ye for me too, especially with this big item, charakter & skill diversity we currently have in Diablo....every match would be completely different and not so monotonous like PUBG f.e., where you always get the same weapon, armor, etc...
I think battle royale would make sense in diablo