when will patch 2.6.1 be deploy?

General Discussion
if there something to look forward to the 3 week down time between season is to find those power up gear from old time. would like it to deploy with season reset so there something to do in non season. like testing sets and stuff before new season.
Let me speak with your mother.
I would think that 2.6.1 would go live about Monday, Oct. 23. The devs should be back at work, and this would give them the most time to fix bugs before Blizzcon and season 12 start.
10/09/2017 11:10 AMPosted by FrogBrew
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21097429/season-11-ending-soon-10-6-2017

Trust me I am not the first to link this, not even close.

Except that link does not give the patch date. They have not announced it yet. All we know is that it is usually on a Tuesday and will happen before Season 12 starts.
That will be your "go outside" time.

Edit. No humor here it seems lol.
Blizzard does not usually disclose when a patch goes live. My guess is, it will go live sometime between the end of Season 11 and the start of Season 12--presumably not on a weekend, but most likely on a Tuesday somewhere in between.

But, considering that there is a three week break between Seasons, it would be nice if Blizzard deployed the patch sooner rather than later, because it would give the rest of us something to do while we wait for Season 12.
Last time, the patch was on a Tuesday (as per usual) and it was the Tuesday after the prior Season ended. So if they follow the same pattern, it'll be Oct. 24, allowing a couple of weeks before S12 on Nov. 9.
10/09/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Kahle
it'll be Oct. 24

Ya think? That would be cool...I don't see it though.

Would love to be wrong. I would think they would use that time between seasons to make 100% sure everything goes as planned.

Like I said though I would love to be wrong.
Either the 24th or Halloween. Halloween is a bit iffy due to run up to Blizzcon. 11/7 is too close to the season 12 start date, but could still be on the table. I'm pushing for:

10/24: 54%
10/31: 41%
11/7: 5%

The longer the patch is live, the more objective I'll be. By this, I mean I can see people being more obnoxious than usual here. Keep the criticism constructive. The schedule is what it is. The whining gets bad at certain times and around con time, it's really bad. Just play or find another activity that interests you.
10/09/2017 06:58 PMPosted by DiabloVern
Either the 24th or Halloween. Halloween is a bit iffy due to run up to Blizzcon. 11/7 is too close to the season 12 start date, but could still be on the table. I'm pushing for:

10/24: 54%
10/31: 41%
11/7: 5%

The longer the patch is live, the more objective I'll be. By this, I mean I can see people being more obnoxious than usual here. Keep the criticism constructive. The schedule is what it is. The whining gets bad at certain times and around con time, it's really bad. Just play or find another activity that interests you.

Good luck with that lol. I agree with your message but...ya
Their devilish plan is to deploy the patch close enough to Blizzcon so we'd be too busy caring about the Diablo absence at Blizzcon.

...and that's fine! 2.6.1 is great.
I hope that the patch will be live in the week after the season. I need to test a few days to decide which character i will play in s12..
10/12/2017 12:28 AMPosted by sky
I hope that the patch will be live in the week after the season. I need to test a few days to decide which character i will play in s12..

That would be ideal. But if like Necro release before season, then they nerf necro right at season. They use the couple weeks for everyone to play and decide changes at open season.
Blizzard have stated several times that new patches are deployed as early as possible after the completion of a season. They do this as a safety net so that any bugs they missed during the ptr are caught and fixed before the new season starts. So, unless they have staffing or some other major unforseen problem you can expect 2.6.1 to be deployed on the first tuesday after the end of the current season.

Cheers cc123
Maybe Blizzard will release today because they know I have a three day weekend and Tuesday is the day I have to go back to work...
Couldn't you just play on PTR? ^^