POE HC is a better HC model

Hardcore
I'm playing POE too, but I would never play it in HC. It's not the same game a D3.
10/09/2018 02:12 PMPosted by Isolation
would you play that character if it went to sc?

no one in poe hc does either lol
whats the point then? just make permanent death like D3
10/08/2018 07:05 PMPosted by jeetkundo
09/18/2017 07:49 AMPosted by kwittstruck
Their HC when death comes, converts to SC

well thats not very hardcore

I delete mine when they die. It is worse than going straight to the graveyard...if you play HC Leagues or even just HC having a character go back to standard is permanent death.

SSF HC is something I have always enjoyed before 2.0. That method of play is alive and well in PoE. Both games offer a different experience and are fun to play...for me though I just had enough of D3.
but, it's funny when you die in diablo hardcore and your character can't be played anymore...
10/23/2018 11:19 PMPosted by PLASMAWIZARD
but, it's funny when you die in diablo hardcore and your character can't be played anymore...

It is also funny that in D3 you have to die 2 or 3 times depending on the class played.....
24 down votes? WOW there is at least 24 people still playing this dumpster fire trash can status game.
10/02/2018 08:48 PMPosted by wing
hardcore is one of the only things diablo does better than poe

How so?

PoE...die 1 time and char goes to standard non league, then gets deleted...
D3....die 1 time and proc passive(s) and TP for cooldown to not die..reenter GR...proc passive(s)....rinse and repeat.....yeah that is soooooooooper HC!!!!!
Both are great games. I don't know if one has a better model than the other though.

Diablo 3 has death passives because of the one shot mechanics (unavoidable) in the game and it does allow for you to basically not die unless you are careless or decide to push while procced. PoE doesn't have the passives but does have one shot mechanics (many telegraphed) and massive damage spikes which results in some crap deaths (especially considering the lack of mobility of some of the movement skills). PoE's damage scaling is not linear, you can have an end game geared character (red maps) and still die in (white maps, lowest level end game), which is something that just doesn't happen in D3 aside from DCs, due to the linear scaling.

The DC protection is soo much better than D3. I've never died to DC in PoE and have been playing for a year. I have DC'd a handful of times but, PoE cancels the instance once it loses connection with the player. You lose the map you were playing but your character survives.

D3 has superior polish and combat and is much more fluid. PoE has a ton more depth and character development. D3 focuses on the combat while PoE allows for more of the role playing aspect while still having good action. For example, I'm working on a bow bearing Barbarian (Marauder) and playing multishot like the DH in D3. You can build your character however you like. Of course, there are still always the top builds for conquering end game content, but you don't feel at all forced to play them and if you don't play in a trade league, you'll never be able to make them anyway.

The HC SSF mode in PoE, imo, is amazing. It's your build against the game. You don't care what anyone else is doing in the game, it's your own personal playground and the game is difficult enough to keep you coming back for more. The difficulty in D3 is a numbers game thanks to the content that is GRs. Which at the highest level results in a very boring style of play where you just spam GRs until you get a GR your build can beat.

Like I said I really like both games and if you could combine the best aspects of these two games we would have the ultimate aRPG.

If you haven't tried PoE, it's worth a go. If you ever do decide to give it a shot do not hop right in to HC. You need to play through at least till maps to get a feel for the game. There is a lot of depth and things to learn so you are going to have dedicate some time to figuring things out, it's definitely not: Get your set = dominate.

Good Luck and Stay Safe to everyone, no matter which game you are currently playing. At the end of the day just play whatever is fun for you.
10/27/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Shark
Both are great games. I don't know if one has a better model than the other though.

Diablo 3 has death passives because of the one shot mechanics (unavoidable) in the game and it does allow for you to basically not die unless you are careless or decide to push while procced. PoE doesn't have the passives but does have one shot mechanics (many telegraphed) and massive damage spikes which results in some crap deaths (especially considering the lack of mobility of some of the movement skills). PoE's damage scaling is not linear, you can have an end game geared character (red maps) and still die in (white maps, lowest level end game), which is something that just doesn't happen in D3 aside from DCs, due to the linear scaling.

The DC protection is soo much better than D3. I've never died to DC in PoE and have been playing for a year. I have DC'd a handful of times but, PoE cancels the instance once it loses connection with the player. You lose the map you were playing but your character survives.

D3 has superior polish and combat and is much more fluid. PoE has a ton more depth and character development. D3 focuses on the combat while PoE allows for more of the role playing aspect while still having good action. For example, I'm working on a bow bearing Barbarian (Marauder) and playing multishot like the DH in D3. You can build your character however you like. Of course, there are still always the top builds for conquering end game content, but you don't feel at all forced to play them and if you don't play in a trade league, you'll never be able to make them anyway.

The HC SSF mode in PoE, imo, is amazing. It's your build against the game. You don't care what anyone else is doing in the game, it's your own personal playground and the game is difficult enough to keep you coming back for more. The difficulty in D3 is a numbers game thanks to the content that is GRs. Which at the highest level results in a very boring style of play where you just spam GRs until you get a GR your build can beat.

Like I said I really like both games and if you could combine the best aspects of these two games we would have the ultimate aRPG.

If you haven't tried PoE, it's worth a go. If you ever do decide to give it a shot do not hop right in to HC. You need to play through at least till maps to get a feel for the game. There is a lot of depth and things to learn so you are going to have dedicate some time to figuring things out, it's definitely not: Get your set = dominate.

Good Luck and Stay Safe to everyone, no matter which game you are currently playing. At the end of the day just play whatever is fun for you.

SMH this generation ffs.

That is why more people still play diablo 2 than D3. For one, D2 is 1000000x better than D3 still to date. And it's hardcore is still hardcore.

If you want "Protection" go play Care bear mode. In D2 you can be completely geared out for baal runs and DIE in act 1. Talking about protection in hardcore mode gtfo
10/28/2018 01:47 PMPosted by BrbWiFeNaKeD
SMH this generation ffs.

That is why more people still play diablo 2 than D3. For one, D2 is 1000000x better than D3 still to date. And it's hardcore is still hardcore.

If you want "Protection" go play Care bear mode. In D2 you can be completely geared out for baal runs and DIE in act 1. Talking about protection in hardcore mode gtfo

A) I'm probably very close to your age
B) That was hardly the point of my post

Don't act like you are such a hardass...no one wants to die from DC