No Diablo 3 Halloween Event?

General Discussion
No buffs just add Halloween visual effects. Add a few jack-o-lanterns, corn stacks, and black cats in town -- Act1 only.

Halloween, one of the world’s oldest holidays, is still celebrated today in a number of countries around the globe. In Mexico and other Latin American countries, Día de los Muertos-the Day of the Dead-honors deceased loved ones and ancestors.
10/19/2017 01:10 PMPosted by SilverFox
No buffs just add Halloween visual effects. Add a few jack-o-lanterns, corn stacks, and black cats in town -- Act1 only.

[quote]Halloween, one of the world’s oldest holidays, is still celebrated today in a number of countries around the globe. In Mexico and other Latin American countries, Día de los Muertos-the Day of the Dead-honors deceased loved ones and ancestors.

So TRUE. It wouldnt take them long to do this at all.
10/19/2017 01:12 PMPosted by TheRugester

[quote]Halloween, one of the world’s oldest holidays, is still celebrated today in a number of countries around the globe. In Mexico and other Latin American countries, Día de los Muertos-the Day of the Dead-honors deceased loved ones and ancestors.

Why in the world does this have a down vote? I mean really?
Add some scary midget clowns that squirt poison water ... in Whimsydale
+1 for everyone!

I'm like a troll in the mirror.

Unfortunately, given how things go in this community, you'd have several dozen threads demanding the removal of said event for (Reasons) for at least 2 weeks before it goes to live. Some would be about how horrible it feels to them and how it makes them not want to play as they can't be on enough to enjoy it, or how said holiday event offends them and/or their religion. You'd have complaints about how the visuals are horrible and make it so they don't want to play, even if it's optional and you can avoid it altogether. You'd have complaints that there wasn't enough done in the event to appeal to the PC mentality, or that the event had gone too far and ruined the game forever for everyone.

I'd love to see events and fun things done for cosmetic items in game, but after seeing how the community reacted (I hope there is quite a few people that can remember all the rage threads that cropped up) to the buff events and the Diablo anniversary tribute last January, I have a hard time believing this community won't complain about this any less than they complain about any patch on the PTR.
10/19/2017 03:47 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

Unfortunately, given how things go in this community, you'd have several dozen threads demanding the removal of said event for (Reasons) for at least 2 weeks before it goes to live. Some would be about how horrible it feels to them and how it makes them not want to play as they can't be on enough to enjoy it, or how said holiday event offends them and/or their religion. You'd have complaints about how the visuals are horrible and make it so they don't want to play, even if it's optional and you can avoid it altogether. You'd have complaints that there wasn't enough done in the event to appeal to the PC mentality, or that the event had gone too far and ruined the game forever for everyone.

I'd love to see events and fun things done for cosmetic items in game, but after seeing how the community reacted (I hope there is quite a few people that can remember all the rage threads that cropped up) to the buff events and the Diablo anniversary tribute last January, I have a hard time believing this community won't complain about this any less than they complain about any patch on the PTR.

Well if you points are true and thats why the dev team doesnt do any events, why does WOW, OW, and hearthstone all have holiday and other random events? Right now im pretty sure those games have more people playing them then diablo does at this point with the lack of content but point is those games plus HOTS have weekend events such as double exp(dont think WOW does double exp though) and yet no one cries. Why do people cry here? I think people just need to grow a pair and if they really wanted to take part in the event, then they could make time.
10/19/2017 04:56 PMPosted by TheRugester
WOW, OW, and hearthstone all have holiday and other random events?

Because these games have constant income.
10/19/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Bastich

Well maybe if the devs got off there lazy butts and actually did something with the game....o wait most of them got transferred cause of the horrible job they did with this game..

That makes zero sense unless 2.6.1 fell from the sky.
10/19/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Demonmonger
10/19/2017 10:57 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
This game has never had any holiday events and I don't think it ever will. The other Diablo titles never had any holiday events either. It just doesn't make any sense to have a holiday event in this game.

I disagree.

Other Diablo games did not have them because in early 2000's most games did not do these events.

Diablo 3 has had holiday events over christmas, and they had other random occasion events.

Players complained that they could not play that weekend, and it was unfair to them, so they simply doubled down on the issue and removed them from everyone.

Where were the in game holiday events because the only event that I remember is the one that will keep recurring every Jan 1st. Now if you know of other in game events where they have a Valentines day, Fourth of July, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc... go ahead and tell me what was done in game that showed the game world celebrating the holidays. Because frankly we kept doing the same thing in the game during the holidays that we always do during the other days of the year.

Now if it is outside of the game world then that is different, but I am talking about inside the game world. Diablo is not a game where celebrating real world holidays fit Sanctuary.
10/19/2017 09:59 AMPosted by TheRugester
Seems like all the other blizzard titles besides Starcraft is getting a Halloween event. Why is diablo not getting one considering the type of game it is?

D3 is in maintenece mode now that 2.6.1 is being pushed live in the next few weeks.
D3 legit gets next to no love. Its kind of expected given it has no revenue stream

In those games the players also tend to be quite excited and eager for the events. I very rarely see anyone complain about which buff event is active in WoW. I never saw a thread about how players are so demotivated to play because an event ended that they're willing to end a subscription. Buff events in WoW apply to a specific thing and a lot of players attempt to take advantage of when they're active. Without leaderboards of any kind besides DPS meters in a raid, there is no actual competition in WoW so players are eager for fun little things to do.

I've seen tons of threads back when buff weekends events occurred in D3 about how unfair they were because of (reasons) or just how they made people not want to play after an event ended. I've seen dozens of threads about how unfair it is that someone had to be gone for the weekend because of (reasons) and they'd fall behind in competition with other players in Diablo 3. Enough players complained that the developers listened and canned buff events. Diablo 3 has a competitive edge to it that can bring out the nasty side of a lot of players should they somehow fall behind in any way that they believe is Blizzard's fault somehow. Buff events were such a thing they could attack Blizzard on as a player that missed what they deemed as a substantial amount of time would perceive them as falling permanently behind everyone, as everyone is seen as competition.

Then there was the anniversary update, one of the very few holiday events they created and they caught so much flak because of it I doubt they'll ever make another holiday event for D3 of any kind. The player-base wanted a holiday event and something for Diablo's anniversary. the Developers made a very nice tribute to the original game and the player-base freaked out all over them.

So yeah, I blame the mentality of the player-base in general (I know not every specific person is to blame but there was enough player-base that raised crap that they were heeded) in Diablo 3 for the loss of buff events. If those players wouldn't have screamed fury about those things, maybe we'd have seen branches into holiday events.

After all that crap, I don't blame them for not bothering to make events for us. All they caught from attempting it was screams, rage, fury and temper tantrums.
10/19/2017 07:27 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Now if it is outside of the game world then that is different, but I am talking about inside the game world. Diablo is not a game where celebrating real world holidays fit Sanctuary.

But Whimsydale does? Chaingmail does? Tasker and Theo? Beckon Sail? Why can't we have double XP on a holiday because the holiday doesn't occur in the game world, but we can have pants that is a reference to a rap dancer from the 90's, in the real world? That makes absolutely no sense at all.
I missed out completely on the 2X XP and I don’t feel bad at all. I made the decision that my attention was needed elsewhere and that was my choice.

You can also make it so that the XP bonus is active for each player the next time the play for a certain period of time. That way it’s not "waisted".
10/19/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Keyblade
10/19/2017 09:59 AMPosted by TheRugester
Seems like all the other blizzard titles besides Starcraft is getting a Halloween event. Why is diablo not getting one considering the type of game it is?

D3 is in maintenece mode now that 2.6.1 is being pushed live in the next few weeks.
D3 legit gets next to no love. Its kind of expected given it has no revenue stream

Since the Necro DLC was a success I would say that Blizz not doing anything else for this game wouldn't be a good idea. I don't think that seasons alone will keep us playing till they get their next project ready for release. I think there will be too much time before the release of either a D2 remastered or D4 for them to put this game into maintenance mode.

Also it might not be a bad idea to make another class for this game. Heck they could even bring one of the other classes back like the Druid. Giving us new things to do and to try out is what will keep this game going. Just resetting seasons as the only thing they do will not help the future sales of either a D2 remastered or D4.

10/19/2017 07:37 PMPosted by Vresiberba
10/19/2017 07:27 PMPosted by ShadowAegis

But Whimsydale does? Chaingmail does? Tasker and Theo? Beckon Sail? Why can't we have double XP on a holiday because the holiday doesn't occur in the game world, but we can have pants that is a reference to a rap dancer from the 90's, in the real world? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Chainmail is a type of armor that could actually have been created in any fantasy type of world. So it might be a normal development of armors in any fantasy would that fits the times of that world.

Developers can use anything in our world for inspiration to make items, monsters, NPCs, etc... in a game world. Heck that no doubt happens all of the time.

I am talking about fitting as in it makes sense for a world that is not like the earth. That is a world that doesn't reflect the real world in any way. Sanctuary is not a world where you have countries that are similar to the US, Russia, China, Japan, etc... This is why real world events don't fit Sanctuary.

This is just an online only game. Now if it were an MMO as the case might be for D4 then it would be okay if the devs of D4 would want to put holiday events in that game. Because MMOs are expected to have holiday events.
10/20/2017 12:30 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Chainmail is a type of armor that could actually have been created in any fantasy type of world. So it might be a normal development of armors in any fantasy would that fits the times of that world.

While a chain mail would indeed be something that could exist in the Diablo world, I somehow doubt that Gmail would. I never understood the funny in this, is it about chain mails over the e-mail network, specifically linked to Google? I don't know, but I do know that if we can joke around with the festive names on these items, we can have holiday events, too. Live it up real good, I hear Deadmau5 lives in Tristram somewhere and could provide jingly tunes for the citizens.

This is just an online only game. Now if it were an MMO as the case might be for D4 then it would be okay if the devs of D4 would want to put holiday events in that game. Because MMOs are expected to have holiday events.

Yeah... I don't, I just don't see the difference between Azeroth and Sanctuary in terms of one being suitable for a holiday event but the other not. Makes no sense at all.
Diablo games don't need this kind of events. Like why would people in Sanctuary have the same kind of events and celebrations as we have it is a different world.

Lets keep the joke features in the joke games.
10/20/2017 04:13 AMPosted by Vresiberba

While a chain mail would indeed be something that could exist in the Diablo world, I somehow doubt that Gmail would. I never understood the funny in this, is it about chain mails over the e-mail network, specifically linked to Google? I don't know, but I do know that if we can joke around with the festive names on these items, we can have holiday events, too. Live it up real good, I hear Deadmau5 lives in Tristram somewhere and could provide jingly tunes for the citizens.

Yeah... I don't, I just don't see the difference between Azeroth and Sanctuary in terms of one being suitable for a holiday event but the other not. Makes no sense at all.

All I am saying is that it wouldn't fit this hack and slash to have holiday events no matter how cool it would be. I really doubt that they could come up with something better than the usual business of the day of normal playing.

Let's say they could come up with cool events for an non MMO like this game. If that is indeed the case then why don't you use that to spruce up the normal game play by making big changes to the game where we have more to do in endgame.