Double Goblins bad timing.

General Discussion
I really don't see the point of doing double Goblins events in between a season. Don't get me wrong I welcome any event or content to D3. Yet double Goblins would be far more useful at the start of a season for example or a week in when people are struggling to collect mats to advance.

Seems more a gimmick over helpful tbh but I'm sure ill get beat to death by fans in no time.
In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
11/09/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Greentea101
In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.

Are you on prescribed medication or recreational ?
Actually, I've learned a lot from Greentea. Where were you when I spent hundreds of dollars on Encyclopedia Britannica volumes?
11/09/2017 02:18 AMPosted by VINEUK
I really don't see the point of doing double Goblins events in between a season. Don't get me wrong I welcome any event or content to D3. Yet double Goblins would be far more useful at the start of a season for example or a week in when people are struggling to collect mats to advance.

Seems more a gimmick over helpful tbh but I'm sure ill get beat to death by fans in no time.

If they did it at the start of the season, I have a gut feeling we'd see rage threads about how unfair they are because Player X could not play as soon as the season started for Y (reasons). This is what butchered them in the past, was people complaining about how unfair it was and how it demotivated them from playing because they fell behind. Then you had the threads about how demotivating it was to play the game once the event ended because the reward ended...

They need to find a way to keep events from being seen as a mandatory means of progression or a requirement to be competitive or all we'll probably see is a mass of threads complaining about them again.

We don't need to see that nonsense again. If events have to start in the non-season to see if they can get them rolling again, the last thing we need is complaints to stop them yet again.
Geez, it was just a little something fun to do while we waited for the season to start :) Get people back to the game for a couple days to remind them about the season...
I really don't see the point of doing double Goblins events in between a season.
That was 100% intentional timing.

Yet double Goblins would be far more useful at the start of a season for example or a week in when people are struggling to collect mats to advance.
And this is why they didn't put it at the season start.

Seems more a gimmick
So what's the thread about?

I mean, you already know why they did it, and why they didn't put it at season start. And you understand it's a gimmick. Enjoy it for what it is, or don't. Play or don't play.
11/09/2017 04:54 AMPosted by schnzr1
Geez, it was just a little something fun to do while we waited for the season to start :) Get people back to the game for a couple days to remind them about the season...

There are people that play non season and are loving it. The people that play seasons are complaining about it. Plus to remind US that the same old thing is going to happen again like it has been like for the past 6 or 7 seasons.

Don't go by this account I have 2 accounts and I have played all the seasons. It has been the same thing over & over again. Yes they throw us a few bones here and there but it is the same thing.

Having a double-of-something event during a Season which purpose is to remove all your items and start over from scratch makes zero sense. It would't even do anything for you since everyone else gets the same, so what on earth would be the purpose of such event?

Edit; DEAR LORD, 11 downvotes?! You you guys for real...
I had fun with the event. I got a couple of new pets I didn't have before.

Everyone was running bounties like mad for the last few days. That is an unqualified success.

It was a fun little blip in a game, not the freakin' signing of the magna carta.
11/09/2017 02:39 AMPosted by VINEUK
11/09/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Greentea101

Are you on prescribed medication or recreational ?

These are simply random things I read on the ol' intrawebs that I think are interesting so I share them here with my good friends on the GD.

11/09/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Siladil
Actually, I've learned a lot from Greentea. Where were you when I spent hundreds of dollars on Encyclopedia Brittanica volumes?

Thank you kind sir!
It was a filler.

The intent was to drive interest into the game when it's at it's lowest point. MARKETING, I know it's challenging.

It also didn't impact seasons so people who missed it didn't feel cheated.
Maybe the idea was to allow players to farm the new items in a faster way before LB unlock. For season, it makes no difference.
I think they should do more events like that between seasons. Either you spare time and play or you don't. I just did like 2 runs at the span of the whole event and I'm happy with the results regardless.
I really don't see the point of doing double Goblins events in between a season.
That was 100% intentional timing.

That has nothing to do with the point of the topic. Intentional or not doesn't change the fact that a double goblin event now is useless because you cannot use anything you get when season starts tonight

It's exactly like blizzard saying sorry for the one shot kills people were doing in the rift using the DH and necromancer. Blizzard said because this was our mistake, we've increased the drop rates on the legendary items, so here are some items you won't be able to use in a week once season starts.
11/09/2017 10:48 AMPosted by TLGamer
That has nothing to do with the point of the topic. Intentional or not doesn't change the fact that a double goblin event now is useless because you cannot use anything you get when season starts tonight

That was rather the point. See, this event was a bit of an experiment. We do want to see if there's an opportunity to introduce in-game events on a more frequent cadence, but we particularly want to avoid making them feel mandatory or, if you miss them, like you're left behind during a Season.

We're figuring out the right balance and cadence, and I appreciate the feedback. It's something we'll consider for the future, but for now, we want to avoid events affecting the competitive nature of Seasons.
As a card-carrying member of the non-crybaby alliance, I was happy to have the event. Look forward to more whenever you'd like to toss them in.
I did bounties for 3 days this week at 1hr each day. Each day I found double goblins. I saw 0 rainbow, but got one new pet from a M-goblin. Gold, mats, items to salvage. I'm not disappointed at all. If I played more, I'd have more. But since I don't normally play every day between seasons, I saw this as an opportunity to do something.

Something was done. Fun was had. And I look forward to blizzard giving us a new event between S12 and S13.
11/09/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Nevalistis
11/09/2017 10:48 AMPosted by TLGamer

That was rather the point. See, this event was a bit of an experiment. We do want to see if there's an opportunity to introduce in-game events on a more frequent cadence, but we particularly want to avoid making them feel mandatory or, if you miss them, like you're left behind during a Season.

We're figuring out the right balance and cadence, and I appreciate the feedback. It's something we'll consider for the future, but for now, we want to avoid events affecting the competitive nature of Seasons.

Then how about Blizzard actually fixing something that actually competitively matters in season such as the Leaderboards, Screwing around with nonsense that doesn't do anything then using the term "Competitively" to hide behind is sheer stupidity
GUYS, YOU FORGOT TO ASK TX3000 HOW HE PLAYS THE GAME! EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG.

And he is clearly right about everything. Like, Play a GR 25. You can only get 4 gem upgrades maximum!