High Sierra 10.13 - Low FPS

Mac Technical Support
Since upgrading to the 10.13 GM Candidate Diablo 3 is running extremely poorly in regards to FPS. I used to run it capped at 60fps, now it struggles at the same graphics settings to get 15fps! I'm running on a Late 2016 MBP with the Radeon 460. Anyone else notice poor FPS with High Sierra?
Hi there Brandonee,

As of right now, High Sierra is not out yet and is in beta. I hope this problem is one that is resolved before the full release.

For something to try while you have the new build, we can try to reset the game settings. Sometimes when an update like this happens, it causes issues with presets.
1. Open your Documents
2. Find the Diablo III folder and enter it
3. Delete the D3Prefs.txt within

/Nathardrick
09/19/2017 02:07 PMPosted by Nathardrick
Hi there Brandonee,

As of right now, High Sierra is not out yet and is in beta. I hope this problem is one that is resolved before the full release.

For something to try while you have the new build, we can try to reset the game settings. Sometimes when an update like this happens, it causes issues with presets.
1. Open your Documents
2. Find the Diablo III folder and enter it
3. Delete the D3Prefs.txt within

/Nathardrick

As of today, High Sierra IS on all our macs and still we can't play!!!

Somehow, D3 is not using the dedicated GPU - Radeon M370X in my case.
(and you guys had a loooot of time tot be ready for high sierra)

Also, there is no Diablo III folder in Documents on a Mac!
I have had zero issues with diablo after upgrading to 10.13.
Hi nakano,

09/28/2017 02:03 PMPosted by nakano

You will find 'D3Prefs.txt' there:
Users/<your name>/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/

Take care,
09/29/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Niska
Hi nakano,

09/28/2017 02:03 PMPosted by nakano

Take care,

There is no Blizzard folder in Application Support. I'd love to reset the settings too because of the same frame drop issue I'm having after updating to High Sierra.

Thanks
09/30/2017 08:27 PMPosted by jlrpc
09/29/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Niska
Hi nakano,

Take care,

There is no Blizzard folder in Application Support. I'd love to reset the settings too because of the same frame drop issue I'm having after updating to High Sierra.

Thanks

My bad, I just found it
Or you could just switch to windows and feel what real gaming is like....
Rebooting has been fixing the FPS problem for me on a late 2016 MBP with Radeon 460.
I am having the same low FPS (around 15) on a MPB late 2016, Radeon Pro 460.

A reboot fixes the issue, but every time I open D3 after the MPB was in sleep-mode, it returns to 15 FPS.

Running High Sierra Release 10.13 (17A365).
yeah i heard reports the sleep bug on AMD gpus is back on 10.13. not much D3 can do about that. sadly that's just a regression in AMD driver with power management after sleep. You'll just have to reboot any time you use sleep

That bug has come and gone every other macOS release since 10.7. they break it they fix it they break it they fix it, now it's broken again. probably fix it again in 10.14 and break it again in 10.15
Hi All,

Unplayable on 10.13.1 Beta 1. Can't get more than 21 FPS on my MacBook Pro retina 15" where previously I would consistently get more than 39 FPS;

Also in full screen mode the cursor is extremely slow.

Please fix this soon. Can't play like this!
@MysticalOS

Thank you for the answer. I will see if I find a hint what else is possible besides turning off the automatic gfx switch.

Until then I will follow your advice and skip OSX versions with odd numbers after the dot ;-)
I am facing exactly the same problem after High Sierra 10.13 (17A405) upgrade (officially released).
Now FPS approx. 10 - 12 (!), had been more (>> 35 FPS) under Sierra.
Full Screen mode is unusable / cursor too slow
Rebooting the MBP transiently helps a bit (20-24 FPS, poor enough), but sleep-mode reactivates the issue.

Please advise or fix. An official Blizzard Statement (Blue Post) would be appreciated

Thx & best regards

T.
I'm also getting lower Fps since the High Sierra upgrade. My 2013 MacBook Pro 15" Nvidia 750M was getting 47-59 Fps (depending on the rift density) but now gets around 30 FPS). An old 2009 iMac on High Sierra did 59 Fps, strangely this iMac with the Radeon HD 4850 lost in every benchmark to my 2013 MacBook Pro's Nvidia 750M.
I'm playing the game in Full Screen Window mode. Beside fixing the slow cursor problem it also speed up the Fps. Diablo on my machine is 53 Fps top speed to a low of 30 fps. The speed varies a lot, but for the most part it is faster than in normal full screen mode.
This is the exact issue I'm having along with others. Sleep Mode then the graphics card isn't switching correctly when I start Diablo 3... it works in other applications. However I'll do a restart then it'll switch and my FPS will return to normal.
This is not just an AMD issue. I have an Nvidia GPU, and my framerate dropped from 60fps on Sierra to 30fps on High Sierra. Restarting the Mac does not alleviate the issue for me.

There are also random graphical slow-downs that are not reflected in the framerate indicator. If I'm just running around town, it often looks like my character can't maintain a constant pace, i.e. they run slow then fast then slow then fast.
Also having the same issue after update. Diablo III is now unplayable.
Same here. Diablo used to run smooth although my 2014 mbp sounded like it was ready for take-off. Now I get around 20 fps in town, and anything from 55 to 20 when battling which makes the game feel muddy and takes away a lot of the fun. And the change in fps feels random.