The application encountered an unexpected error

Technical Support
Hi, i couldn't launch D3 after installation. There was a pop up with "The application encountered an unexpected error" and this code was given"1B5ED006-FE50-40C3-9F02-C57A0B9C6C0E". Please assist, thanks!
Howdy!

This error is showing up as a ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005). This can occur when the game is running into a conflict with accessing your GPU drivers. Reviewing your system it's a good idea to check the following: '
- For laptops we have seen Fall Creator's update fix some issues, we recommend to update too it by running Windows Updates.
- Ensure you have the latest Nvidia driver installed. I found your latest driver for you Here.

Retest. If the issue continues try playing in Selective Startup. This will help us locate if a third party conflict is occurring.

Thank you!
I am having the same issue with the game. Any ideas would help.
I am having the same problem as well.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything three times.
I have completely caught up on all windows 7 home updates.
I have scanned for PUPs

I hit PLAY and a grey box pops up with
unexpected error : 21BCC615-D136-4289-B3BD-09F6FC4352F4

Please help :/
I am getting a window that pops up and says there is an error with the following :BLZBNTAGT00000840. I am trying to do the download patch from 6 days ago? I have restarted computer, shut everything down and even turned of the firewall. Nothing seemed to work!
I have done the same as Kuma and also deleted the folder as the advanced help stated. Still cannot update with the same error BLZBNTAGT00000840
Come on! I playing in Hardcore mode at the moment and suddenly pop-up a window said: ""The application encountered an unexpected error"......

It happened second time! The first time is on Saturday.....

When I reopen from your pop-up window, my toon is dead....WTF

My Report ID is "45DCEB70-51C8-4216-B1CE-167254EB689C"
I had to uninstall then re-install game to get it to work. Ok for now.
Hello me too. I bought the game on Thursday and have tried several times. on each occasion it comes up Diabl111 Reaper of Souls. I bought Diablo 111 Each time I try the application etc keeps coming up the latest
Please help as I have updated my drivers recently and running a Microsoft 7 Pro
11/06/2017 08:36 PMPosted by Kuma
I am getting a window that pops up and says there is an error with the following :BLZBNTAGT00000840. I am trying to do the download patch from 6 days ago? I have restarted computer, shut everything down and even turned of the firewall. Nothing seemed to work!

same. i cant update and play
11/17/2017 11:00 PMPosted by Jingles47
I bought Diablo 111 Authentication Key
Jingles : pls remove your game key from your post.... use the down arrow to the right of your post, and select "Edit Post", remove the key and resave... thx.
@Rona : there is some information on error BLZBNTAGT00000840 here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/23418

Good luck.
having an issue...says playable but then gives me the unexpected * error

F53F7A1C-423B-4422-903C-82A4C5F3311F