Where is the promised comunication?

General Discussion
If my memory is not failing me. I remember that when it was the Necro exploit the blues promised better comunication with the players.

So welll, where is it???¿?¿? We are complaining about your lack with the bots, no answer for this or any other topics.

If you dont want to read the forums, take feedback or you are just ignoring the game player base (like always) at least dont lie in our face and do empty promises.

PS: Dont come back when you release new info about new game (we can see your intentions) ActiBli$$ard.
Do you really think they will be discussing about bots or potential action against them in the forums? They've never addressed any posts about bots or even thud in the forum so I don't what sort of communication you are expecting from them around this...
well it's been 3 seasons now so it's safe to say they dont care no more if you bot or use any 3rd party programs
I put bots as example, they are NOT comunicatting about anything.

No extra cash no more service even if we promised it.
12/03/2017 06:30 AMPosted by Thax

Botting isn't something I'd expect them to be very open to discuss, given the fact the less people know about their processes, the more effective it should be, at least, in theory. It's kind of a chess game, where the less your opponent can read your movements and learn to anticipate them, the higher your chances of success will be.

It isn't really an excuse, though. Overwatch gets relatively more consistent information on the subject, with them explicitly putting stuff like permabans on the spotlight. Not something I'd be boasting about, given the aforementioned chess-like nature of the procedure, but it's out there for everyone to see.

That being said, there are still a metric ton of subjects they could and should be far more communicative about that don't relate to cheaating, so the overall radio silence is still completely unwarranted.
12/03/2017 06:30 AMPosted by Thax

Botting isn't something I'd expect them to be very open to discuss, given the fact the less people know about their processes, the more effective it should be, at least, in theory. It's kind of a chess game, where the less your opponent can read your movements and learn to anticipate them, the higher your chances of success will be.

It isn't really an excuse, though. Overwatch gets relatively more consistent information on the subject, with them explicitly putting stuff like permabans on the spotlight. Not something I'd be boasting about, given the aforementioned chess-like nature of the procedure, but it's out there for everyone to see.

That being said, there are still a metric ton of subjects they could and should be far more communicative about that don't relate to cheaating, so the overall radio silence is still completely unwarranted.

No one is asking to know their process, we are just asking them to actually USE it. They are not doing anything.
Devs, CM's are all of them retired for last year celebrations. A common worker stop working on 19 december. They stop working on 1 november until next year 7 january.

They always disappear in this time. Sometimes they trigger some event or content in the middle aready developed 4 monthes before to say they are present. But they are drinking with their family and laughing. All which matter is their wage and living.
@OP: It's Sunday mate, wait for Monday! /kappa
I think you are referring to this comment by Tyvalir
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757627629

I also was hoping that we will see a lot more blue posts after this announcement. But if you read his comment in detail you will notice that he only "promised" better communication concerning exploits. Not communication at all.

I really love this game but the way Blizz treads the community is a shame.
And so are their actions (or better no actions).
Yep, if we only got 2% of the HS communication we would be totally fine.
Communication?! They pulled the same BS lie with World of Warcraft. Your own fault for believing them.
It's holiday season. The D3 devs are already on vacation playing WoW, expect them to be back back sometime next year with that amazing anniversary event as "new" content.
12/03/2017 01:27 AMPosted by Thax
If my memory is not failing me.

Sorry, it is.
I've found Diablo 3 devs don't say much compare to any other of blizs game devs . Go to wow forums and they are all over the place talking with its player base . Diablo 3 devs stay to them selves and only post when something is wrong"bug related" or a update is coming out.

don't expect them to ever act like the devs from other blizzs games and talk with their player base LOL

Edit: this is why we have players with green titles on the forums to talk with , so they don't have to :P
12/07/2017 05:20 AMPosted by akow
Go to wow forums and they are all over the place talking with its player base .

WoW players also complain their Devs don't communicate enough even though Devs there are more active. They do regular live Q&A sessions.

Edit: this is why we have players with green titles on the forums to talk with , so they don't have to :P

I think I am the only one left. I don't know what to think about your statement though. I can't tell players anything that the Devs could cover. I don't know about game developments, plans, etc. I can only help share info that we players already know. Greens don't replace Blizzard staff (or they would need to find a way to pay us!)

Diablo 3 devs stay to them selves and only post when something is wrong"bug related" or a update is coming out.

Pretty much true. We did get a lot more communication, including directly from Devs, last PTR cycle. They are much more active when working on an update.

12/06/2017 06:38 AMPosted by Alecta
It's holiday season. The D3 devs are already on vacation playing WoW, expect them to be back back sometime next year with that amazing anniversary event as "new" content.

Nah. They are still there for now. The break is usually Xmas through New Years. The Devs and CMs tend to take time off then as long as it does not impact a deadline and I don't think D3 has any announced deadlines to hit right now. Tech Support, Customer Support, and Forum Mod team are around 24/7 though. They reduce staff a bit on weekends and some Holiday's but those teams still provide people around the clock. Many of them are in the Austin TX office.
12/07/2017 07:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Go to wow forums and they are all over the place talking with its player base .

WoW players also complain their Devs don't communicate enough even though Devs there are more active. They do regular live Q&A sessions.

I think I am the only one left. I don't know what to think about your statement though. I can't tell players anything that the Devs could cover. I don't know about game developments, plans, etc. I can only help share info that we players already know. Greens don't replace Blizzard staff (or they would need to find a way to pay us!)

Diablo 3 devs stay to them selves and only post when something is wrong"bug related" or a update is coming out.

Pretty much true. We did get a lot more communication, including directly from Devs, last PTR cycle. They are much more active when working on an update.

12/06/2017 06:38 AMPosted by Alecta

Nah. They are still there for now. The break is usually Xmas through New Years. The Devs and CMs tend to take time off then as long as it does not impact a deadline and I don't think D3 has any announced deadlines to hit right now. Tech Support, Customer Support, and Forum Mod team are around 24/7 though. They reduce staff a bit on weekends and some Holiday's but those teams still provide people around the clock. Many of them are in the Austin TX office.

at least the Wow devs not only talk on the forums, make post about problems and talk with their player base"even if players don't think so" but also log in to the game to play with people or hold events "I know it would be hard to do those events" But at least wow devs are active.

I'm used to use the diablo 3 devs not talking , been here since about six or months after the game launched. I play when im bored or see something in a video I want to try LOL

But MissC , you post more on stuff going wrong or trying to help as of late then the devs have in well over a year. And they should remove the green titles from the players that either don't play or log in to the forums to help people and give them to active helpers i've seen on here
12/07/2017 09:15 AMPosted by akow
but also log in to the game to play with people or hold events

Are you thinking of the Brawl with the Blues events they have, the testing of new Raids, or the end of Beta kill all the players monsterfest of hilarious doom? i think all of that stuff in WoW is limited to the PTR and Betas. They do play the Live game too, but on personal accounts that they are not allowed to ID themselves as Blizz folks.

HotS does have a Brawl with the Blues theme for new heroes apparently as well.

D3 would be kind of hard to set up a planned player/Dev play session unless they selected individual players ahead of time. They used to do that on Play Your Way events and by sometimes joining a streamer.

edit
And they should remove the green titles from the players that either don't play or log in to the forums to help people and give them to active helpers i've seen on here

That would be up to Nevalistis. I don't know if they are really doing Community MVP programs anymore. They don't have any for OW, HotS, or HS. They have not appointed any in WoW for years. I think they are down to mostly one active Community MVP there. All the remaining Greens are Tech or Customer support. The last appointment was when OW TS helper WyomingMist got greened early this year.
It was just some PR stuff. I believe it wasn't the first time they said they would improve their PR. If anything, it got worse...
If you all still have this certain expectation of Blizz that they would do what they say they would then sadly you haven't learned much over the years ^^
12/06/2017 03:41 AMPosted by Kitchmann
I think you are referring to this comment by Tyvalir
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757627629

I also was hoping that we will see a lot more blue posts after this announcement. But if you read his comment in detail you will notice that he only "promised" better communication concerning exploits. Not communication at all.

I really love this game but the way Blizz treads the community is a shame.
And so are their actions (or better no actions).

We'll considering they did not even come back and respond in that same thread over the ensuing hundreds and hundreds of replies to that post (or any other on that subject) I think we know the true answer. That post was a failed attempt to appease the player base and try to get a hot topic with what ended up having over 1000 posts to die out.
It's the same as when they say "just because we don't publicly speak about bot bans, does not mean we don't do it"
We're supposed to walk away content that it happens and we just don't see or hear it. Except it doesn't, and we are not. When a banwave does happen it's easy to spot since dozens of morons come onto the general forum with sob stories about how and why their botting account should get un-banned. We drink the tears and everyone profits.