why do i keep getting 1016

General Discussion
I changed router I did everything ,,, when they changed this server 37 i cannot grind exp anymore every time i disconnect non stop...why me....

I am professional grinder diablo player

can any1 help me?

Pavlo
Well, at P5478 no one can say you are not a professional grinder...

Sadly, Blizzard does not care about the horrible net code of this game, and so we are stuck with constant disconnects, the frequency with which I have never experienced with any game in my entire gaming career, in a game that requires a constant Internet connection to play.

You would think that if, "There was an error," the game would give you at least 10-15 seconds to reconnect, while not only you, but the monsters also are prevented from attacking. But no, at the slightest hint on an instability, this game with toss you out on your tush.
It's your internet, 1016 is tcp dropout.

I used to get these until my ISP sent a tech to sort stuff out at the exchange.
12/05/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Khaotika
It's your internet, 1016 is tcp dropout.

I used to get these until my ISP sent a tech to sort stuff out at the exchange.

1016 is a generic connection error message and can mean anything. In your case, the exchange, in OP's case it might be something entirely different, or at Blizzards end.
Are you playing using wifi? I got this damn message very often and this works for me:

Hold down the Windows Key and press X.
Click Command Prompt (Admin).
When the command prompt opens, type ipconfig/flushdns and press enter.
Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

Hope this helps, I dont have a proper internet connection and play using a hot spot, and like 2 or 3 times a day I have to do this so I can log on, it eventually kicks me off after some time playing and I have to do flush dns renew ip again and then I can join.
It's a generic disconnection error. It can be anywhere from your modem/lan cable to Blizzard datacenters.
Go to the tech support forum and read the stickied threads. Run the traceroute test and the other tests and go from there narrowing down what is and isn't a problem.