Some suggestions [Paragon & Lobby System]

General Discussion
I will keep it brief, because I fully espect to be ignored, my views are not really shared among the more active community still playing Diablo 3...Now then

1. Cap paragon to 100 like pre-ROS. Make paragon 100, be equal to paragon say 100.000. Let the rewards be a lot less for each level.

So players will never reach a cap, but so we also don't have this silly endgame where items don't matter anymore: Players with 2, 3 or 4000 paragon levels are about 2-3 times as strong as a player in about the same gear. I looked at youtube of a paragon 4000 Wizard and his stats we're way higher than any gear could ever give.

We're talking 5 million sheet DPS vs say 2 million sheet dps if identical gear, thats rough numbers - But you get the point.

2. Please let us have a lobby system where we can make our games, make better search results for games we wan't to join etc. Im tired of joining public games where either I'm not getting what I want, or the players that joins with me don't want me

Case of point: I got instant kicked in a public game by some E-peen 2000 paragon heroes as I entered, be cause they obviously don't want my !@#$ty paragon level. With a PROPER lobby system like...We'll Diablo 2, Grim Dawn.,..erhm list goes on, we can get better co-op.

That is all. Core functions, mighty demanding to ask, but they are needed...And have been needed since early ROS.
1. There was a blue post about the paragon system long time ago, in which the developer said it is not going to be changed in the future. The best we could hope for is a Seasonal main stat/paragon cap.

2. Public games grouping is awfully designed in D3. Whatever change comes to it will be for good.
11/20/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Skelos
1. There was a blue post about the paragon system long time ago, in which the developer said it is not going to be changed in the future. The best we could hope for is a Seasonal main stat/paragon cap.

[/quote]

True
Pargon is a big factor; however, I'm placed above players with 3000+ pararon on the solo DH boards even though I'm only P1500. How is this? Because my gear is better and I'm likely a bit more skilled at DH than they are.

Gear and skill do still matter, although high paragon players with similar gear and skill will outperform me by a good 5 GRs or so.
11/20/2017 12:13 PMPosted by RedCell
Pargon is a big factor; however, I'm placed above players with 3000+ pararon on the solo DH boards even though I'm only P1500. How is this? Because my gear is better and I'm likely a bit more skilled at DH than they are.

Gear and skill do still matter, although high paragon players with similar gear and skill will outperform me by a good 5 GRs or so.

Sure skil I agree, but this is a loot based game; Gear doesn't matter anymore. I have 10k int main state, while a paragon 4000 has 30.000....Hell I think it's also 20-25 mill toughness vs 50-55 mil and sheet is like 2 mill vs 6-7 mil.

Glad some of you would like a better lobby system also, cause even Diablo 2 has a much, much better one for such a old game. Just look at say Grim Dawn, simple lobby system but it works great, like a 2017 updated Diablo 2 launcher.
Diablo is grinding game, capping paragon goes completely against point of this game. Players need to feel progress. If you are looking for equal chances then thats what challenge rifts are for.
Do not overrate paragon that much. At early season paragon matters a lot but later in season with perfect gear it gets diminished to point where you need around 1k paragon to make difference of 1 tier (HP of mobs scale by 17% per tier, to get 17% of damage you need 500-1000 paragons depending on how much main stat you already have).

About public games.. In my eyes public games seems to be designed more for casual type of players and beginners. If you want to be able to choose which group you join then i suggest you joining communities and looking for party there. In communities you for sure find better and higher level players in general. Start by joining some public ones and eventually you will get also invited into better private communities.
11/21/2017 12:49 AMPosted by Online
Diablo is grinding game, capping paragon goes completely against point of this game. Players need to feel progress. If you are looking for equal chances then thats what challenge rifts are for.
Do not overrate paragon that much. At early season paragon matters a lot but later in season with perfect gear it gets diminished to point where you need around 1k paragon to make difference of 1 tier (HP of mobs scale by 17% per tier, to get 17% of damage you need 500-1000 paragons depending on how much main stat you already have).

About public games.. In my eyes public games seems to be designed more for casual type of players and beginners. If you want to be able to choose which group you join then i suggest you joining communities and looking for party there. In communities you for sure find better and higher level players in general. Start by joining some public ones and eventually you will get also invited into better private communities.

Tried that, as any with a brain does, but playing on non-season and spamming in community channels gives you 0 whispers. Was the case in 2015, 16 or now 17. People who play season can probably use communities better, but that is still not optimal.

Let's not make community channel sound better than what they are...A glorified spam channel aka trade channel in WoW.

Thanks for numbers/math on paragon, good info :)
Bump 1 time only :) Thanks for input.