Time to take action against Botting

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
02/01/2018 09:15 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
So your idea then is to do nothing at all.

Where did I say that?

That is like saying in real life since we cannot stop !@#$%^ from #%##%@*@*@. The Justice System should make %##!*#%! legal right.

Well your argument is that the only way to discourage someone from doing bad things is to make good things more fun. So it's your argument to make bad things legal.
Easy.

Ban inside trade.

Botters don't exist.

Foolish mortals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-1MQGhC9Fg
Why more of this argument? It doesnt look like the bots are going anywhere so why keep harping on it? the only ones who they are hurting are themselves. They would not know what they were doing unless they used the bots. There should be a sticky Bot post of the week/day with all the same posts showing up.
ever taken a look at the minimap?

your character is just a dot in a "maze" with little to 0 dead ends. Strip away all the graphics and a 1980s MUD game is what the game divolves into, for the purposes of coded automation.

A dot at the center of your screen that can face 8 different directions and activate 6 abilities. Take the same minimap and populate it with other dots representing the monsters and all your dot has to do is find the other dots.

Now since we recognize that the ai technology has been around to manipulate a dot through a maze for decades it's up to the end user to decide if they want to use their computer to automate such functions for which a computer has been developed for, for decades in order to do such things, or if they want to consider it cheating and some how feel guilty for how they have chose/may choose in the future to use their own computer.

Autohotkey, turbo hud, botting. What is autohotkey? Is it a cheat? Is it an exploit? The truth is it is whatever you wanna consider it to be. It is a freeware software that enables you to build things. Think of it as a garage that has all the tools and if you have the knowledge and the time, inside it you can build something that will perform whatever task you so desire your computer to do, automatically, for you, manipulating your keyboard and mouse buttons for you as you so desire them to do.

You may have spent 2 thousand dollars on a computer. What do you think you were paying for?

Click your mouse button at a particular location on your screen, repeatedly, over and over? Something you were gonna do till you got that 100% chd roll on your necklace, but you took the time or found someone else who took the time to code an ahk script that will perform this function for you, rerolling, rerolling on the enchantress until the desired property is attained. You were going to do this anyways but instead decided this time you would have your computer automate the function, this is the type of thing that your computer is desgined to do: automate functions.

Now it specifically says in their eula: "any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game"

This section is a subsection of "cheating" labelled as "botting"

So there it is, clear as day, automate anything in game = you can be permabanned. So this thread is about, well why haven't many more people been banned or why has it not happened for such a long time? I'd like to raise the question of why was this particular part of the EULA written by HR and not someone from engineering with the technical expertise to write something that makes sense instead of something which has generated an insurmountable wall of bans/complaints/appeals.

HR writes something like this, then they demand engineering to back them up. Just one more instance of business degree folks causing more work for the talent(engineering degree employees).

Who else would write an unenforceable rule other than someone who doesn't fundamentally understand the bottom-up design of the game?

HR is just like politicians in society. All of a sudden they in-a-way get in charge of something they don't fully understand and they end up causing trouble for everyone. Half the people blatantly follow the new rule and never think twice, the other half either question or completely dismiss the rule. Some may experiece both sides, first following the rule for a period of time then questioning it.

I'd suggest an update to the eula by someone with the technical expertise. Unless we want to keep playing identity politics, which is what is happening/happened to the community of this game, this is what HR types unwittingly create within the communities they attempt to control. We got the cheaters and the legit players now. Ready for a never ending debate? Fight!

I totally get the situation, soemone writes something in the eula, they are an authority figure to half reading it, maybe the other half don't even read it, but when they do they don't take it for granted, they interpret it, perhaps saying to themselves "this guys telling me how I can use my computer, wtf"

A saying comes to mind "you can hope in one hand and poo in the other, and see which one gets filled first."

Put a little hope in the eula that a further developed 1990s MUD game won't be fully/partially automated for repetitive functions and these forums will be pooed in for eternity.
02/01/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Sokon
I'd like to raise the question of why was this particular part of the EULA written by HR and not someone from engineering with the technical expertise to write something that makes sense instead of something which has generated an insurmountable wall of bans/complaints/appeals.

All EULAs are completely written by legal.
02/01/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Seccie
Easy.

Ban inside trade.

Botters don't exist.

Foolish mortals.

except you forgot shared paragon
I spend money on my devices and put the work and time in for privacy, security & function.

Don't suck.

Don't hack.

Don't bot.

Don't bug.

Don't tether.

If you can't handle doing things as intended, don't speak against those who painstakingly would have to do so.

You are the ones ruining everything for everyone else. I don't care if you think there's enough of you, even if you outnumber all others.

Put your money where your mouth is and play. Talk after. I bet you would say all the same crap you were thrashing everyone else for crying about.

It would piss anyone off.

I admit on some occasions I played a few extra hours and ran into class barely being able to hold my pencil. I admit I've dropped a few things at work. Don't abuse limitations, especially when there are restrictions imposed.

If I'm the one who has to pay for botting, and I can't even gain anything out of continuing my interests in this industry, it's all better without your kind.

You are all the unwanted weights in the trade, and you're all crying because the ones further up catered to your whims. If there's no way out for you, good. Leave. Pick up something else to suck at. You'll eventually get it. You can't afford a living on doing what you've been doing. There's no room for you anywhere.
02/01/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Prology
02/01/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Seccie
Easy.

Ban inside trade.

Botters don't exist.

Foolish mortals.

except you forgot shared paragon

Man... there's always so much more. It just keeps piling... wtf eh?
02/01/2018 12:19 PMPosted by apl
02/01/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Sokon
I'd like to raise the question of why was this particular part of the EULA written by HR and not someone from engineering with the technical expertise to write something that makes sense instead of something which has generated an insurmountable wall of bans/complaints/appeals.

All EULAs are completely written by legal.

from the same post you quoted:

"Who else would write an unenforceable rule other than someone who doesn't fundamentally understand the bottom-up design of the game?"

legal, word, that works too
02/01/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Seccie
I spend money on my devices and put the work and time in for privacy, security & function.

Don't suck.

Don't hack.

Don't bot.

Don't bug.

Don't tether.

If you can't handle doing things as intended, don't speak against those who painstakingly would have to do so.

You are the ones ruining everything for everyone else. I don't care if you think there's enough of you, even if you outnumber all others.

Put your money where your mouth is and play. Talk after. I bet you would say all the same crap you were thrashing everyone else for crying about.

It would piss anyone off.

I admit on some occasions I played a few extra hours and ran into class barely being able to hold my pencil. I admit I've dropped a few things at work. Don't abuse limitations, especially when there are restrictions imposed.

If I'm the one who has to pay for botting, and I can't even gain anything out of continuing my interests in this industry, it's all better without your kind.

You are all the unwanted weights in the trade, and you're all crying because the ones further up catered to your whims. If there's no way out for you, good. Leave. Pick up something else to suck at. You'll eventually get it. You can't afford a living on doing what you've been doing. There's no room for you anywhere.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it." - Principal, Billy Madison

Seemed fitting.
02/01/2018 08:57 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

High paragons could be one avenue. But the one that is the most reliable for a season is the hours played. Just examine profiles of players and see how many hours they put in during the season. No, rebirthed characters don't carry over the hours they had on non season side. Take a good look at each class played by those players if you see that they have played for about 20 hours a day. Then I am sure that you can tell who the botters are.

My character Velton has 996 hrs of game time from s8 to s12. I rebirthed a barb (Noelin) and she had 41 hrs 45 mins of game time (season 7, 9 and non-season). Rebirthed her in s12 and she still has those same hrs. I am not sure what you mean with that bit about hours not carrying over. Apologies if I don't understand correctly and my examples are not appropriate.

~ Always against cheaters and bots.
02/01/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Ouroboros
01/31/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Orrion
I would say that arrogant describes you pretty well.

The fact that I use noob for you is because if I would use the words that you and people like you deserve I would get insta baned.

Is that supposed to make you look less arrogant? It doesn't.

Also, I seem to recall you saying "noob" wasn't meant to be an insult, but now you're admitting using it as cover for the insulting words you would otherwise use. So what you said about that was a pile of BS, wasn't it?

If a player that didn't reach a paragon 1000 and maybe never passed 1000 comes and defends against a paragon cap of 2000 ( while he, like a hypocrite, knows that from 1000 - 2000 is only tedious and boring xp farming ) how should I call him ?

The problem is that your numbers are completely arbitrary and don't make much sense, given that the time needed to do such things has drastically changed over the years. I mean, a good 60 hours in a Season would probably get you 1000 now.. but throwing 500+ hours into the first couple Seasons each got you nowhere near that.

It's kind of like someone drove a car across the US before there were commercial airlines, and then you take a flight across the US and call that guy a noob because it took him longer. It's not like he still didn't cross the US.

Further, you AGREE with me that it's tedious and boring XP farming. You've said so multiple times.

Why in gods name do you defend against a paragon cap ?

I don't. A Paragon cap is fine. But your stance is that Seasonal Paragon cap solves everything, whereas I see it more like plugging 1 hole in a dyke with 10 holes.
The biggest problem here is Blizzard's inaction, which has brought "hell" into diablo. Time to garb your Ban-hammer Blizz and smite this Foe! Be a hero (we've done our part), and jump into the fray! Perhaps your effort to salvage this game will not be in vain!? Regards and best to you.
I cant be the only person who does not give a crap about botters.

Enable trading and watch this game come back to life :)
02/01/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Crypto
I cant be the only person who does not give a crap about botters.

Enable trading and watch this game come back to life :)

Alive with selling botted items for real money.
02/01/2018 09:25 AMPosted by apl
So your idea then is to do nothing at all.

Where did I say that?

That is like saying in real life since we cannot stop !@#$%^ from #%##%@*@*@. The Justice System should make %##!*#%! legal right.

Well your argument is that the only way to discourage someone from doing bad things is to make good things more fun. So it's your argument to make bad things legal.

At least I would be tring something instead of sitting around doing nothing. But alas that would take way more resources than what Blizz would want to spend. I have already said that I have no doubt that players that play a game where they have boring tasks are more likely to bot. Also we would have to lower the bot population by providing more things to do that would allow people of all play styles to compete. Where you casuals would have their own little playground that would be separate from the ones that put in way more time. What I am trying to do here is lower the amount of bots due to ones that feel the only way to keep up is to bot. Giving players a lot more things that are fun to do would help.

I know that I have played my fair share of games. One game City of Heroes that was shut down over 5 years ago. That game is one that could've had some bots in it. But I wouldn't have known about them because I never even noticed any bots. The game was a blast to play and I had a lot of characters on different servers when the game was shut down (loved making alts in that game).

I am just replying on how I am as a player. I know that if I get bored I could, if not careful, go down the route of being a botter. That is one reason why I take breaks from this game. Even though I do have spurts that I loved. Still there is enough here that is boring to cause me to take breaks. I am fine with that because there are other games that I love to play outside of this one anyway.

02/01/2018 02:18 PMPosted by gathxn
02/01/2018 08:57 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

High paragons could be one avenue. But the one that is the most reliable for a season is the hours played. Just examine profiles of players and see how many hours they put in during the season. No, rebirthed characters don't carry over the hours they had on non season side. Take a good look at each class played by those players if you see that they have played for about 20 hours a day. Then I am sure that you can tell who the botters are.

My character Velton has 996 hrs of game time from s8 to s12. I rebirthed a barb (Noelin) and she had 41 hrs 45 mins of game time (season 7, 9 and non-season). Rebirthed her in s12 and she still has those same hrs. I am not sure what you mean with that bit about hours not carrying over. Apologies if I don't understand correctly and my examples are not appropriate.

~ Always against cheaters and bots.

The hours you played on your seasonal characters carry over. But when you rebirth that hero again for the next season it starts off at 0 hours played in that season. If you had 230 hours played on that rebirth character non season. You will not see the new rebirthed character with 230 hours for the new season. I know because I have rebirthed enough characters to know what I am talking about.

So if in a seasonal profile you see someone with the amount of hours played that would equate to 20 hours a day then you have spotted one that is botting.
i don't see anything wrong with botting, Goof!!!
Only if botting has time limitation.
Banwaves are required ASAP for one year we had nothing :-/

Whole bunch of cheaters who dont play by hand are laughing at legit players who spends 3-5 hours per day trying to be competitive...

Dead game rly.

Guys with 1200 paragons gained in 1 year almost 4000 paragons???

- - - -
Redbul? No it wont give y wings but Bot's will!!!
- - - -
Bot song:

"they work while y sleep"
"they give y what y need"
"they make y cute and lovely"
"they love y every daaaaay"

yours Bot :-*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu_tvemD578