I have resolved my stuttering/freezing issues. Fix Inside.

Technical Support
Edit: So I did some digging, and testing to try to resolve the issue, and I have resolved my stuttering/freezing issue.. I will provide the steps below, but please remember that your stuttering/freezing issues may be being caused from a completely different issue than mine was

Step 1: If you are running an Nvidia graphics card. Navigate to your desktop. RIGHT CLICK on the desktop and select "NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL". Once that opens, look on the left hand side for "SET UP DIGITAL AUDIO" Select that option. Once you do that , to the right on the drop down menus for "DVI" and "HDMI" select " TURN OFF AUDIO" and then hit save.

Step 2: Search your PC for a text document named "D3PREFS.TXT" Open that text document, and look for "DISPLAYMODEREFRESHRATE" If this is on "59", change it to "60"

Those were the 2 steps I took, and I have been lag/stutter free ever since. Hope this helps some of you, as I know how annoying this can be.

Hello, ever since patch 2.6.1 I have been experiencing terrible Stuttering and sometimes complete freezing of the game. It is not bad when I first log in, but the longer my play session is, the worse it gets. If I play for more than an hour or two, a restart of the game becomes mandatory to get rid of the stuttering and freezing. I have read through all support pages and followed all steps, and even uninstalled/reinstalled 2 days ago. This fixed nothing.. I would also like to add that this happens on both 32 and 64 bit clients..

I'm not sure what else I can try to resolve this issue, but I am at the point, that I think it is something on your end, or within the code of the game.. Can you please look into this, as A LOT of players are having this issue, and it makes the game unplayable ( Unless you want to restart the game every 45 minutes ).
I have pretty much similar experience with the freezing and stuttering after a period of time into an instance of the game. But worse, it usually happens after 5 or 6 minutes, making it impossible to continue unless I restart. I am on windows 7 with amd radeon hd 7800 series, using 17.1.2 the latest recommended drivers.
11/16/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Amira
I have pretty much similar experience with the freezing and stuttering after a period of time into an instance of the game. But worse, it usually happens after 5 or 6 minutes, making it impossible to continue unless I restart. I am on windows 7 with amd radeon hd 7800 series, using 17.1.2 the latest recommended drivers.

i7 6700k
Gtx 970
16GB ripjaws
All drivers up to date

My setup, cant remember the speed on the ram.
All I know is I wish they would acknowledge the problem.. This is getting very frustrating..
I have little stutter issue in diablo. Drops from 160fps to 140 one of 30min of gameplay sometime one of 1h. No freezes, but its annoying.
What I have is a freeze randomly in game, that lasts for 1 minute and disconnect me.
That would be "ok" if it wasn't in Hardcore !

I have this issue on Diablo 3, but as well SC2 and Heroes of the Storm :/
Did it today. 99 percent better! Thanks!
AMD Radeon and having this same issue. Started with the latest patch. I only play HC, so I can't play anymore.
Locking this thread since its a few years old now. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion.