Logitech Mouse > macros

General Discussion
I just got a Logitech G502 mouse. I noticed that it has a macro option. Are macros permitted in Diablo 3?

To be clear, I'm currently using the mouse and do not have any macros.

Thanks for the help.
Also to be clear, I've only bound the 1,2,3,4,Shift, and Alt to the mouse using the Logitech Gaming Software.
Technically so long as 1 push of a button results in 1 action in game you are OK whether that action is the press on a keyboard or a mouse. If you chain multiple actions to a single button press that is when you are violation of the rules. Now whether Blizz would take action against you I have no idea, but you are at risk at that point.
11/25/2017 10:35 AMPosted by TheCatalyst
Are macros permitted in Diablo 3?
The direct answer is No per the license and terms of use. 1 click or button push per action. You can use the mouse, I would not set up macro for it, at least for D3 purposes.
It's not allowed but they have no way of proving it or make actions against it really. The underlying issue is just automating the game experience, ie using a bot.

The numlock trick is prohibited too but it's still possible after about 4 years, and it works like a macro, so... Make of what you want.
I have that mouse but I don't use their software. I just keybind buttons using the in-game keybinds for D3.

The above posts are correct though. D3 does not allow macros that would automate gameplay. One keypress = one in-game action per game client. Do not set it up so that pressing one key causes skills 1, 2 and 3 to all fire.
11/25/2017 10:35 AMPosted by TheCatalyst
Are macros permitted in Diablo 3?

To be clear, macros are per definition an automated process which is not allowed to be used in Diablo 3. It is only the macro, though, there are no issues using a macro capable mouse (essentially all computer mice are macro capable) or reassigning a key from the keyboard to one of the buttons on the mouse.

The general rule is; one button, one action.
☻∞☻
Thank you everyone for the responses.
just to throw some salt into the wounds here:

it's one button, one action PER client.
☻∞☻
11/25/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Dawg
just to throw some salt into the wounds here:

it's one button, one action PER client.

Yo Dawg, that was already covered. :)

11/25/2017 10:57 AMPosted by MissCheetah
One keypress = one in-game action per game client.