POP UP BOSS INVITES DURING BOUNTIES

General Discussion
As you are aware there is nothing more annoying that have boss encounter invites (pop ups) right in the middle of your screen while doing bounties. The pop up is oversize and right in the middle of the screen. Sometimes this results in the player hitting the "accept" button accidently. Moreover, the "event completed" pop up during bounties are just as annoying. With all the Bounties, events and chests...all the pop ups can get quite annoying. Now throw the boss invites on top lol.

There needs to be an option in bounties (or globally) for players to disable/enable these type of pop ups. In bounties they are extremely annoying and interfere with gameplay...especially the boss invite pop ups (since they are right in the middle of the screen).

Another solution (in addition to toggling the pop ups on/off) is to have an option to reduce the size of the pop up for boss invites. Put small invite pop (with a sound) up on the lower right of the screen similar to the friend invite. In this fashion the boss invite will be off the gameplay screen.

The Bounty Completed can just be a quick splash on the bottom of the screen instead of a pop up that he have to press on.

This is basically a request to improve game play by giving the players the option to disable unnecessary (and annoying) "pop ups" on the screen. Similar to turning on and off the captions on the option screen.

I seriously hope the community will push this as it will improve game play experience. I know it will I am sure that any suggestions or opinions on this matter would be appreciated. We need a pop up option :-)
While I agree with your points in this post. I know why Blizzard implemented this in game. Though they need to update this game imo. This is now become a -grind as fast as you can- game and yes, I agree. having these pop ups for boss fights etc. can be a pain. I've even hit the accept button just cause I was doing something else.

So an option to turn it off would be nice.
Meh
How else are we supposed to know if someone is afk? If they dont' respond they are afk....

Bounties need to be reworked anyway, there is really no point to them since they only encourage splitting, not group play. It's just boring solo chore. They don't even have a final boss at the end, and you have to remake the game every time. :(
12/08/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Midnight
How else are we supposed to know if someone is afk? If they dont' respond they are afk....

You can tell by keeping an eye out for how many bounties the person have done or he/she sits afk in town etc. If they don't respond does not result in them being afk. It CAN be, it could be that person was away from the pc 10 seconds or was doing something in game and just didn't care about it or something entirely else.
If you ask me, the developers of this game have been confused about who their audience is. On the one hand, it's a "mature" themed game dealing with "angels" and "demons," heaven and hell, God and the devil, with not much going on but killing and the looting of dead bodies. On the other hand, we have these giant dialog boxes with OK buttons that do nothing but dismiss the box, with the implication that if they didn't cover the entire screen with these things, the children playing the game wouldn't notice them.

It's almost Diablo for Dummies.

I understand that having a splashy visual for milestones in the game is part of the visceral reward of playing it. However, these types of giant dialog boxes should be reserved for new players; specifically, during the journey from levels 1-70.

After level 70, all of these giant dialog box type notifications should be simple pop-ups with a ding sound in the bottom right corner of the screen, which fade on their own, no larger than the Party Invite dialog box, which is perfectly executed.

Another thing that's perfectly executed is the extremely ornate banner that notifies you of Season Journey and Leaderboard milestones in the bottom center of the screen. If you've ever looked at it, this thing is beautiful, tasteful, and unobtrusive. It requires no player input to dismiss, and if you want to preserve it, you better be quick on the draw with the Screenshot button. Most of the "completed" type dialog boxes that do nothing but dismiss themselves could be converted to these types of banners. This would also be a huge improvement, and my preference because I really like those things. But after the Season Journey is over they hardly ever come because it's mostly the bots that earn them; but they can't see them. Somewhat ironic if you ask me.

In the interest of accessibility, the dialog boxes for Paragon points, Skills, Profiles, Leaderboards, and Achievements, should be scalable. Big if your eyesight isn't so good and you need help seeing them, small if you have the eyes of a hawk, know what you're doing, and want to simply use the box and get it out of your way quickly without it getting your hard-core character killed in the process. These dialog boxes should have 3 size graduations.

The bottom line is that the developers didn't seem to have a good idea who their audience was going to be; kids or adults. Kids? OK, give them giant dialog boxes that they have to interact with to let them know what's going on in the game, and an ice cream cone to go along with it. Adults, which is what the rating of this game suggests the audience should be? OK, give them a smarter, more sophisticated gaming experience that doesn't beat them over the head with a Neanderthal club.
12/08/2017 10:04 AMPosted by StoneOld
I understand that having a splashy visual for milestones in the game is part of the visceral reward of playing it. However, these types of giant dialog boxes should be reserved for new players; specifically, during the journey from levels 1-70.

After level 70, all of these giant dialog box type notifications should be simple pop-ups with a ding sound in the bottom right corner of the screen, which fade on their own, no larger than the Party Invite dialog box, which is perfectly executed.

Well said.
12/08/2017 09:30 AMPosted by MaxCarnage
nothing more annoying

People who post the title in all caps. Yeah - that is.
Totally agree with this. I would not mind if the bounty completion was announced but to take up so much screen space and have a manual dismissal is lame. It should be like an achievement or new transmog notification. Just some text splashes across the top or bottom and then disappears on its own.

With boss fights just have it default to decline and have like 5 seconds where you could click accept if you wanted.
It would also be cool if the bounty completion and boss fight icon appeared next to the player portrait frame so you could see who was doing the work.
Showing my support with this post. I HATE the size of the damn popup box. Always covers something I'm trying to kill or pick up.
Just a big rectangle that covered the skill buttons would be fine. As nobody uses them anyway
It would be nice were there an option to turn off such pop-ups as an option.

Just as annoying is the chat window which a is easily accidentally clicked in while fighting through an area resulting in unwanted initiation of a chat or inspecting a drop that someone just linked.

It's not game breaking stuff, just annoying "features" that can at times be quite aggravating. Mobs not dead yet, but I just typed 1-1-1-2-1-4-1 in chat.
Just don't accept and move on. People gripe over the smallest inconvenience.
This is still a pain and Blizzard just dont give a !@#$.

Thay are very bussy cuz the development in the game is so huge !

We dont ask for much just lets us move it OUT OF THE %^-*ING WAY!!!
I totally agree. Awesome post. Unfortunately, this has been brought up for years. Same with UI. "Oh I want to change my pet while I'm pushing GR 120." You think they are going to fix it now that they are no longer working on it?
03/14/2019 12:50 AMPosted by Core
This is still a pain and Blizzard just dont give a !@#$

Outrageous. They must be thinking hitting space bar as a reflex shouldn't be too hard. Disgusting. It's hard. Okay? Hitting space bar? Which of my fingers gonna do that? My thumb? My entire palm? How entitled you are, Blizzard. Shame on you...

Joking aside those Boss-invite pop ups designed to be "hard to ignore" so it forces player to answer without ignoring it. Didn't wanna offend anyone who's going through some sort of injury but solution is easy, so to see the reasoning behind it.

Ultimately, if those invite pop-ups were to be designed small to not annoy players, it would only prolong the inevitable encounter in a pub play match where players simply ignore it for the sake of keep fighting and forget about it.
To not force players to write essays about dismissing or accepting it only would be avoided that way.
03/14/2019 01:37 AMPosted by naksiloth
03/14/2019 12:50 AMPosted by Core
This is still a pain and Blizzard just dont give a !@#$

Outrageous. They must be thinking hitting space bar as a reflex shouldn't be too hard. Disgusting. It's hard. Okay? Hitting space bar? Which of my fingers gonna do that? My thumb? My entire palm? How entitled you are, Blizzard. Shame on you...

Joking aside those Boss-invite pop ups designed to be "hard to ignore" so it forces player to answer without ignoring it. Didn't wanna offend anyone who's going through some sort of injury but solution is easy, so to see the reasoning behind it.

Ultimately, if those invite pop-ups were to be designed small to not annoy players, it would only prolong the inevitable encounter in a pub play match where players simply ignore it for the sake of keep fighting and forget about it.
To not force players to write essays about dismissing or accepting it only would be avoided that way.

How come you're not reporting this to the necro authorities like usual?
Just being able to press escape and get rid of the boss invites would make my day.
Those pop ups can be a death sentence in hardcore.