4m GR126 down Star Pact trash clear wiz

Wizard
1 2 3 9 Next
Finally got something up on the NA 4m board, based on the cool Star Pact group build from WorkWorkWork, but made a few tweaks based on input from other wiz players.

With some paragon points in vitality you can survive without Karini, so replaced Storm Armor with Energy Armor Energy Tap rune for the extra 20 AP.

Replaced Karini with RoRG in cube and equipped Illusory Boots for much needed mobility and to allow you constant access to sanc. Also allows you to easily reposition into oculus circles (ask monk to move sanc to oculus). If you happen to land a holy grail Star Pact with all buffs (WoF, Dynamo, Arcane CoE, oculus) it will still one-shot mobs in high 120s.

Also chose PE gem for the fastest possible AP regen in density. There may be a better option. Still trying stuff.

We fished a bunch of 127s but got RNG’d hard with endless keeps, sewers, 9 floors, end pylon, etc.

Now if a para 4-5k can please make one and fish some 135s I’d love to see what the potential could be.
Nice work Dundee. Have you tried Spellsteal over armor yet? Especially with Sigil, it's got some good up-time.

50 stacks is 150% additive dmg (180% with strongarms), and you should regularly get over 50 stacks.
Those chinese dude have cleared 133 S12 at plvl 2400. They also managed to got Infernal Maiden at 12:30 with channeling at 134. Unfortunately the Nec lost connection.

Now it's safe to claim star pact is stronger than WD for pushing.
12/11/2017 10:37 AMPosted by Vox
Nice work Dundee. Have you tried Spellsteal over armor yet? Especially with Sigil, it's got some good up-time.

50 stacks is 150% additive dmg (180% with strongarms), and you should regularly get over 50 stacks.

Yes I tested Spellsteal, but in a slightly different setup. The rotation gets tricky to make sure that only Star Pact consumes Dynamo.

1. Cast sig spell to build Dynamo to 4
2. Cast spellsteal
3. Cast WoF in density
4. Cast sig spell once more to bring Dynamo to 5
5. Hard cast Star Pact

This all needs to happen in the space of 2s or so and I need to practice that part but I think spellsteal could be the final step in maximizing the dps potential of this build.

You’d probably have to play around with defensive gems and para allocation into vitality to find the sweet spot to compensate for loss of armor spell, not to mention some very coordinated group play.

It should be a significant boost if managed right.
12/11/2017 10:55 AMPosted by WorkWorkWork
Those chinese dude have cleared 133 S12 at plvl 2400. They also managed to got Infernal Maiden at 12:30 with channeling at 134. Unfortunately the Nec lost connection.

Yeah I saw a video of their 133 attempt. It was helpful to see their playstyle. They got a GG map with extreme density, which is really what this build requires.

I don’t doubt that it could be competitive with WD as the trash clearer, esp if some of our high paragon NS wizards start to push with it. I’m not sure why it hasn’t caught on more yet here.

Btw - from the video I saw, what is the green buff icon the wizard is getting? It’s from another party member. We were wondering whether the rest of the party were altering their setups to best support the wiz.
12/11/2017 11:25 AMPosted by mcdundee
Btw - from the video I saw, what is the green buff icon the wizard is getting? It’s from another party member. We were wondering whether the rest of the party were altering their setups to best support the wiz.
Do you mean mantra of salvation? I didn't see anything else green. Could you point out when it showed up?
12/11/2017 11:14 AMPosted by mcdundee
The rotation gets tricky to make sure that only Star Pact consumes Dynamo.

Ignore Dynamo completely and still probably come out ahead DPS-wise. Spellsteal can be that good.
I tried this build yesterday a bit
The good point was it wasn't lagging
But I am not sure regarding weapon:
- Primal (% DMG, INT, VIT)
- Ancient (7% DMG, INT, 24% AD, 322% Secondary) ~ -5,5% DMG (and even more to get more VIT in paragon, 600k Life is to low)

Is the AD better regardless of Damage loss? (That would put me up to like 160% AD)
12/11/2017 10:55 AMPosted by WorkWorkWork

Mind to share the video link please?
I think i optimised my gear for such a build but i am really confused about gameplay...Could someone be more specific about the rotation on casting star pact?
Why not achieving 5 arcane dyno stacks right away and suddenly wait at fourth and then continue to fifth?
Also when manually casting star pact should i already been chanelling?
And chanelling electrocute or arcane torrnet?
Rotation is mostly like this:
- Get 20 FB stacks (either elite or trash) - You will need to channel and cast electrolute to get a stack
- Once mobs are packed cast WoF (its epic damage once you get 50+ stacks)
- Get to 5 Dynamo stacks with electrolute (Casting WoF manually or with channeling consumes Dynamo stacks)
- Cast metoer (either wait for end of Light CoE or spam when its ready)
- Cast electrolute 2 - 3 times (since metoer empties your resource pool and you need AP to channel)
- Channel (while channeling you migth get lucky and cast WoF so you won't need to do it in next rotation)

After casting meteor you need to start channeling asap. Some practice will be needed.
12/12/2017 12:57 AMPosted by SIAMTHAID3
Mind to share the video link please?
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17120512/?from=search&seid=2035455313278066562
They passed 133 but not in this video.
One of their attempt. Poor resolution.
Got 127 down last night. Higher pushing groups are still skeptical of trying trash clear wiz, especially if they already have a gg WD they regularly run with. However they are starting to come around once they see that it’s viable. It is funny to see the reactions when I post in chat “trash killer wizard lfg 125+”, sort of testing the waters.

I ran with a 4K+ monk who was curious about the build and he said he has all the gear, so I think I convinced him to try it. Once the high para players start pushing we could see it become a viable alternative to WD for the trash clear spot.

Also it opens up other options for support characters, they don’t necessarily need bleed on weapon or Solanium anymore. Some seem to be having fun thinking about what else they can use, realizing they may no longer be locked into exact builds. I wonder what setups the Chinese team is running on their support characters.
I'm also curious what they use. Don't have direct contact with them for now.

Who's the monk you played with? Might be one of my friends.
12/12/2017 01:04 PMPosted by WorkWorkWork
Who's the monk you played with? Might be one of my friends.

I don’t remember his name, a friend brought him in. Clan <UD> and he is in the UK I believe.
Never mind, not my friend.
I'm very happy with this build. Thank you everyone that help wiz to become great again.
Im so confused on when to channel
12/13/2017 06:32 PMPosted by pussywillow
Im so confused on when to channel

Manually cast Star Pact (your AP will now be empty). While the Star Pact is in the air falling, immediately cast forked lightning quickly to regen some AP. Then start channeling just before the meteor lands. There is about 1.5s to do this between meteor cast and impact. It’s a very quick rotation. Hope that helps.
Probably not viable but I would be curious about a zodiac version where you use the molten impact rune (ditching the illusory boots and cubing zodiac instead of rorg). Has anyone tried it? I don't really have gear of friends left to play with in this anymore, so I can't try it. mcdundee, if you could just give it a shot or two when you usually run, it'd be cool. It might need actual CDR rolls to work though. I can zbarb if needed.