4m GR126 down Star Pact trash clear wiz

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
12/17/2017 10:22 PMPosted by mcdundee
I noticed this build is now on the NA season 12 4m leaderboard.

GR 131 in 11:22 at 2800 paragon.

This morning, it was 133, only 3 GR behind the current top GR 4p clear.

The 133 Wiz is running Mut Guard, Esoteric, and Karini. IMO there is some DPS to squeeze out yet!
Congrats guys...
Any chance at a D3planner link for the StarPact build(s)?

Also, there was a discussion in PTR Feedback forum in regard to using Molten Impact. However, I believe the discussion was centered around Shower vs Molten Impact. Correct me if I'm wrong but the idea was that the manual and sigil cast meteors would benefit from channeling multipliers based on timing/casting strategy. I don't know if the damage increase from channeling multipliers would be enough to bridge the gap between Molten and StarPact or just bring Molten significantly closer to StarPact. I'm also not sure if the drop frequency with Molten would also contribute enough to bring it competitively close to StarPact. I believe the estimated manual cast of Molten was about every 2 - 2.4 seconds using Zodiac (much more channel centric).
12/18/2017 09:12 AMPosted by Vox
This morning, it was 133, only 3 GR behind the current top GR 4p clear.

The 133 Wiz is running Mut Guard, Esoteric, and Karini. IMO there is some DPS to squeeze out yet!

Well that was quick! I chatted with that player last night after I saw the 131 and congratulated him. He is enjoying the build. He claims their zbarb is responsible for their high clears, I assume he means good aggro and knowing when to move.

At least now we can see what the rest of the party is running. To me the monk and pestilence necro setups look pretty standard. I don’t play barb but he didn’t appear to be wearing any complete sets. Can someone check if this is a standard zbarb build or is there something different?
12/18/2017 08:22 AMPosted by mcdundee
12/18/2017 01:55 AMPosted by Leontokardos
Trying to understand this...while chanelling i lose dynamo stacks but i gain sigil buff..how can i cast star pact manually while chanelling if i am to lose dynamo stacks?
Confused..

Try not to think about this as a channeling build. You only channel Flame Ward for about 0.5seconds just before and at the moment of meteor impact to gain the buffs from deathwish and sigil. You only use sigil for the dmg buff, not for the autocasted spells.

Remember there is 1.5 seconds between meteor cast and impact. The trick is to manually cast Star Pact to consume Dynamo and then start channeling just before impact. Once your meteor has landed you can stop channeling and focus on forked lightning to regenerate AP.

Here is the process for 1 full rotation:
1. Cast WoF in density to gain Arcane Attunement stacks.
2. Cast forked lightning to regen AP and build Dynamo stacks to 5.
3. Manually cast Star Pact to consume Dynamo (your AP will now be empty).
4. While the Star Pact is in the air falling, immediately cast forked lightning quickly to regen some AP.
5. Start channeling just before the meteor lands. You want to time it so your Star Pact impacts during Arcane phase of CoE.

If you have done everything right your manually casted Star Pact will have massive impact multipliers from WoF, Dynamo, Deathwish, Sigil, and CoE (also oculus if you’re lucky). It will also trigger lots of area dmg.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the information mate...i guess proper gems for beginner would be mutilation guard,esoteric and stricken or trapped?
Also i assume that before phase one i should have 20 firebird stacks..
Mcdundee,

Thanks for the in game messages. This is a build that has been on my radar for a bit, but don't have the needed AD to try 133+.

I have been keeping an eye the progress of the build and fear it will not replace WD 135+...but who knows.

Such a tricky build to time right for sure, that window of damage is insane to get right.

But I am currently working on perfecting gear to give this a fair shot

GL wizzies!!
12/19/2017 08:41 AMPosted by REAPER
Mcdundee,

Thanks for the in game messages. This is a build that has been on my radar for a bit, but don't have the needed AD to try 133+.

I have been keeping an eye the progress of the build and fear it will not replace WD 135+...but who knows.

Such a tricky build to time right for sure, that window of damage is insane to get right.

But I am currently working on perfecting gear to give this a fair shot

GL wizzies!!

Right on!

Yes the gearing is difficult to optimize, but no more so than WD - max AD, +element, and +skill dmg. Almost identical to FB WD in terms of stats.

You’re absolutely right about the timing being critical. One missed rotation will sacrifice a lot of dmg. The setup and timing is much more challenging than the “WD burn on fire cycle” mechanics. The technical execution itself may be enough to discourage people from trying it.

The build is innately less tanky (2 def gems seem to be required) and less mobile than WD as well (no spirit walk).

It has one more multiplier than FB WD, but the WD globes passive is practically its own multiplier so they may be even in terms of pure potential dmg output. Leveraging oculus rings during the Arcane CoE burst may be the best bet to capitalize on that huge nuke. On the rare occasions I’ve landed the holy grail Star Pact with all buffs while in an oculus ring, it is really amazing. Everything gone.

It may not end up replacing WD at the very top, but after so long it’s nice to see something, anything, that comes even close to it. And for mid-level gem ups, 120s, it’s a totally viable alternative trash clear option.
Can we get a d3 planner link of gear and skill setup?
12/19/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Tahqa

This is the original build I saw posted by WorkWorkWork:

https://www.d3planner.com/411439317

The setup in the 133 clear had a few minor changes. Lacunis instead of APDs. Astral Presence passive instead of Prodigy.
Don't really understand the Conflagration passive on this build, it gives about 7% increased damage per 6% crit, I would think Unwavering will would be a more logical choice, toughness and damage wise.

Makes sense, the wiz is standing still for more than 1.5 secs waiting to unload holy hell.
12/15/2017 11:10 PMPosted by SIAMTHAID3
Tested it myself. First manually casted meteor without channeling. Then manually casted meteor with channeling somewhere else, damage is 2.5 times of that without channeling.

I tested this myself finally.

Using a white lvl 1 weapon (4.2 dps, 2-4 dmg @ 1.4 aps) on a zombie, at a t13 difficulty (not that it matters).
removed talrasha set bonus, without nilfurs nor grand vizier

Using thunder crash

scenario A: wearing etched sigil, regular hit using thunder crash
a = 2.9 B

scenario B: wearing etched sigil, thunder crash hit while channeling
b = 6.9 B (b = a * 2.4) roughly +150% from etched sigil.
So Etched sigil dmg only works while you are channeling.

scenario C: wearing etched sigil, cubing deathwish
c = 32 B (c = b * 4.6) roughly +350% from deathwish.
So Deathwish dmg is multiplicative with Etched Sigil

12/14/2017 05:22 PMPosted by StoleOwnCar
Well, I've been out of the loop for a while, but has it been confirmed that Etched is a separate multiplier from Deathwish specifically? Just genuinely curious.

Took me 5 minutes to do this test and satisfy my curiosity. I hope this satisfies yours as well.
12/20/2017 04:18 AMPosted by REAPER
Don't really understand the Conflagration passive on this build, it gives about 7% increased damage per 6% crit, I would think Unwavering will would be a more logical choice, toughness and damage wise.

Makes sense, the wiz is standing still for more than 1.5 secs waiting to unload holy hell.

I think the primary purpose of conflagration is to speed up AP recovery, in combination with APOC and Shame of Delsere. More frequent max AP meteors may be a net eDPS gain.

That said, I had the same thought and used UW in my top clears. Made sense for the dmg and def bonuses.
12/19/2017 09:11 PMPosted by mcdundee
12/19/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Tahqa

The setup in the 133 clear had a few minor changes. Lacunis instead of APDs. Astral Presence passive instead of Prodigy.

*Jumps in* Thanks for link. Is this only good in co-op with a proper group to pull mobs together?
12/21/2017 02:48 PMPosted by Djuntas
Is this only good in co-op with a proper group to pull mobs together?

Yeah it’s good for 2, 3, or 4 player groups where you get healing and grouping, but unfortunately a bit too squishy for solo.
12/21/2017 02:48 PMPosted by Djuntas
12/19/2017 09:11 PMPosted by mcdundee

*Jumps in* Thanks for link. Is this only good in co-op with a proper group to pull mobs together?
138 cleared by wiz just now! in 14:25.
The wiz who cleared 138 use
Forked Lightning/Flame Ward/Star Pact/Arcane Attunement/Ignite/Safe Passage

Audacity/Astral Presence/Arcane Dynamo/Illusionist

Mantle of Channeling, APD and Ring of Royal.

Esoteric/BotT/PE
130% AD
12/23/2017 08:21 AMPosted by SIAMTHAID3
The wiz who cleared 138 use

Esoteric/BotT/PE
130% AD
I think you're talking about the Asian server NS clear. Dudes in Chinese server have cleared 138 seasonal. They're not using illusionist nor teleport.
Asian server NS

The wiz who cleared 139 use

Esoteric/BotT/Mutilation Guard
172% AD
29% Meteor
In China server most of top players use star pact wiz instead of firebat WD in 4P games. Your guys can check their leaderborad.
http://d3.blizzard.cn/rankings/#season=season&phase=12&classes=team-4&type=normal&p=1
12/23/2017 08:37 PMPosted by haixinyan
In China server most of top players use star pact wiz instead of firebat WD in 4P games. Your guys can check their leaderborad.
http://d3.blizzard.cn/rankings/#season=season&phase=12&classes=team-4&type=normal&p=1

Thank you.