It's a Game...Not a Job

General Discussion
Slowing down is a huge opportunity cost in a game where everything revolves around grinding as much paragon lvls as possible. Every minute counts.
I do agree that its no fun when these guys just leave you in the dust, but being efficient is part of the game. Certain builds are made for elite hunting while others are more efficient killing mobs. I've asked players "why don't you just play solo if you're not going to play with the team?".

Their answer, "because I don't get the team bonuses". While I don't like it, its a legit answer.
12/06/2017 12:52 AMPosted by Thorodan
OP one thing your not considering Is the poor design of D3 lets everyone run right by all the mobs - f/e mobs don't stun you and slow you down with melee attacks like in D2. In D2 you can't just run through the game selecting which loot table you want to attack - you'd get caught up swarmed and die, then have to get your corpse and lose gold / exp.

Ya, no one teleported passed all the mobs to get to the throne and kill baal.
No one teleported to do the seals then kill diablo.
No one teleported to meph, key bosses, organ bosses, andariel, ...

D2 was all about efficiency too. Getting to the loot pinata is the goal in pretty much all RPG's I have ever played. Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot of time doing things in this game that aren't efficient that I find fun, but I don't get mad because no one else wants to be inefficient too.
12/05/2017 04:03 PMPosted by Yin
~sniff~...Woo! that's better.

I feel like we would be good friends. Just ~sniff~ something about your post...
@OP That's exactly why I don't play anymore. I'm waiting for content. Just running the same stupid stuff, only faster is pointless.

But of course, it's a pipe dream they will someday move away from GRs and actually have new content. But I come back once in a while just in case!
12/06/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Shanso
@OP That's exactly why I don't play anymore. I'm waiting for content. Just running the same stupid stuff, only faster is pointless.

But of course, it's a pipe dream they will someday move away from GRs and actually have new content. But I come back once in a while just in case!

Yep, me and some of my friends are going to try Grim Dawn instead. Feeling like hamsters in a wheel no longer interests us. After GD, there's wolcen, maybe give another try to PoE. But this game is done.
It's farm farm farm...fast fast fast.

That's Diablo :)

Perhaps you should try some other game instead?
Diablo is a farming game 100%.
12/06/2017 12:52 AMPosted by Thorodan
OP one thing your not considering Is the poor design of D3 lets everyone run right by all the mobs - f/e mobs don't stun you and slow you down with melee attacks like in D2. In D2 you can't just run through the game selecting which loot table you want to attack - you'd get caught up swarmed and die, then have to get your corpse and lose gold / exp.

D3 is so badly designed that the game is able to be speed rushed even without gear due to the combat mechanics. Does that make sense?

People in public games aren't going to be like "ok lets slowly walk around n kill these mobs we might die and dying may matter?"

D2 everyone had Enigma and teleported past entire levels to get to the handful of bosses with potentially useful drops.
12/06/2017 04:58 PMPosted by Greer
D2 everyone had Enigma and teleported past entire levels to get to the handful of bosses with potentially useful drops.

It was incredibly stupid then in D2, and it is incredibly stupid now in D3....
If we want to be competitive with all botters that swarm in D3 we have to play as fast as we can ....
12/06/2017 04:54 AMPosted by Kewian
I do get left behind a lot and that is ok. I dont want to hold anyone back but I do get mad with those mad rifters who insist on closing the rifts as soon as they can.. even if you screw everyone else over. That is so uncalled especially if I started the rift in the first place. All I ask is let me get my fair share. Then they start a new one before you can even repair or drop off some loot. DONT be in that big of a hurry.

There are unspoken rules to efficiently playing public games. For instance bounties are split, do not join another player's boss battle. Don't grab yellows and blues when public rifting. Drop your legendaries in an empty chest slot unidentified. You can identify them once you leave the group.

look at the gear and skills the other players are using. The necro will at least be using blood rush to move quickly. You're slowing down/getting carried by everyone else. Those other players aren't there to have fun, they're grinding the boring garbage part of the game so they can have fun with their clanmates later.

I suggest you find a clan or community that's more your speed. Maybe find friends in the 'New player help' forum.
12/06/2017 04:54 AMPosted by Kewian
I do get left behind a lot and that is ok. I dont want to hold anyone back but I do get mad with those mad rifters who insist on closing the rifts as soon as they can.. even if you screw everyone else over. That is so uncalled especially if I started the rift in the first place. All I ask is let me get my fair share. Then they start a new one before you can even repair or drop off some loot. DONT be in that big of a hurry.

No offense, but if you cannot salvage your stuff and repair in the 30 seconds after someone closes, you shouldn't complain, or you should play with friends who are willing to wait for you to sit 5 minutes in town while deciding what gear to salvage and what to keep. Many people are just in normal rift games for keys or for DB's.

12/06/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Alexismad
Ya, no one teleported passed all the mobs to get to the throne and kill baal.
No one teleported to do the seals then kill diablo.
No one teleported to meph, key bosses, organ bosses, andariel, ...

D2 was all about efficiency too. Getting to the loot pinata is the goal in pretty much all RPG's I have ever played. Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot of time doing things in this game that aren't efficient that I find fun, but I don't get mad because no one else wants to be inefficient too

This is very true, I do find it funny you say you don't get mad tho, with your name :^)

Did someone call me?
Why do so many treat playing in GR like it's a chore?
Got to rush as fast as possible. Who cares if we leave people behind. On to next GR. As efficient as we can. God forbid we lose a second of time. Or actually enjoy playing with other people. We have to clear this rift fast so we can level up our gems to clear the next one faster.
This game is not to have fun. It's farm farm farm...fast fast fast.
Wait, I need more coffee...and also ~sniff~...Woo! that's better.

The reasons you state here are why I tend to play in private games. I don't play this game the same as the bulk of players in public games. Much easier for me to enjoy the game when I'm on my own. I can go through at my pace and do the things I want, not try to convince 3 random yahoos to stick close for the bonuses and work together. The only time I join public games now is when I want shards or feel like finishing a lot of GR fast for loot for new builds and leveling my gems.

I suggest you do the same and you'll have a lot more fun with the game.
12/07/2017 07:08 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
Got to rush as fast as possible. Who cares if we leave people behind. On to next GR. As efficient as we can. God forbid we lose a second of time. Or actually enjoy playing with other people. We have to clear this rift fast so we can level up our gems to clear the next one faster.

The reasons you state here are why I tend to play in private games. I don't play this game the same as the bulk of players in public games. Much easier for me to enjoy the game when I'm on my own. I can go through at my pace and do the things I want, not try to convince 3 random yahoos to stick close for the bonuses and work together. The only time I join public games now is when I want shards or feel like finishing a lot of GR fast for loot for new builds and leveling my gems.

I suggest you do the same and you'll have a lot more fun with the game.

True...but then when i select to play in party mode doesn't that mean I want to enjoy a party and playing next to players?
Why don't the fast players play solo mode? They don't care about being in a party anyway.
The fast players are aiming for efficiency. The most efficient way to play is 4 players that all want to rush the game. You get a much bigger XP bonus in a four player game than solo. They do care about being in a party, not necessarily as a team unless they're trying to push GR or if everyone is on the same page for rushing GR for gem upgrades/loot/xp.

About the best players like us can do is look for communities of other players that want to play in a similar fashion as us. Not everyone has the 'gogogogogo' mentality, so there is probably a community or clan out there. I'd say poke around and see if you can find one that suits how you enjoy playing.
12/07/2017 07:36 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
The fast players are aiming for efficiency. The most efficient way to play is 4 players that all want to rush the game. You get a much bigger XP bonus in a four player game than solo. They do care about being in a party, not necessarily as a team unless they're trying to push GR or if everyone is on the same page for rushing GR for gem upgrades/loot/xp.

About the best players like us can do is look for communities of other players that want to play in a similar fashion as us. Not everyone has the 'gogogogogo' mentality, so there is probably a community or clan out there. I'd say poke around and see if you can find one that suits how you enjoy playing.

Ok..I didn't know we get an XP bonus in a party. :)
you could always build a friends list of folks who feel as you do. and just play with them. problem solved. some like to go fast, some like to take their time. neither is wrong. both think the others way is a "chore" stick with your own :)

Welcome to D3
12/05/2017 05:52 PMPosted by Yin
12/05/2017 05:44 PMPosted by UkrGamer

Almost any online game has this problem in the category of RPG. Even WoW is like this... People just rush on as fast as possible and could careless to wait. It really kills that social aspect, which is why I either solo, or tag along for quick GR for gem upgrades. I've learned to keep my exceptions low when playing online.

That's smart...I guess I assume people are playing to have fun.
Is Diablo 3 a game? I think it is. I am trying to get my Clan that I belong to get more members. So then I can not play with speed-freak strangers.
Actually when I solo GR then I go faster :) I choose party mode when I want company. Usually they wind up on the other side of map or a different level. But I still try to random party because I sometimes get some nice players.

You and I are of a similar mind set on this........feel free to friend me and send an invite to your clan! Rainmaker#1436