meteor tal rasha or firebird?
and why?
where's arcane at ?
11/24/2017 09:54 AMPosted by madjoe
meteor tal rasha or firebird?
and why?
where's arcane at ?

Arcane is dead.

Tals for anything that isnt pushing. Tals is far superior for any kind of farming, but peak damage goes to FB.
just tested firebird and it gets me killed. (need practice 4sure)
tal's burst is just great imho think i'll stick to that
ty for the info
tals imo
I have the same problem madjoe, I just don't get the firebird play mechanics while Tals seems very obvious and that makes it more fun for me.
TR is easier and tankier for meteor. But Firebird allows pushing higher.

(IMO the gimmick to keep TR stacks all the time is worse than just igniting a elite every now and then)
Fire birds just has insane damage and you learn how
to stay alive. I only ever die on rg really at gr105 plus
11/24/2017 12:14 PMPosted by Gbrav13
Arcane is dead.

Not necessarily. I noticed on 2m leaderboard someone managed to clear 116 with a Star Pact build using WoF arcane attunement + Arcane Dynamo. Using FB6 and deathwish. Interesting build.

I tested it myself tonight but the dmg didn’t seem anywhere close to the normal meteor shower build, and it was very squishy. There’s obviously some trick to it that I couldn’t figure out but it’s def viable.
11/29/2017 12:09 AMPosted by mcdundee
I noticed on 2m leaderboard someone managed to clear 116 with a Star Pact build using WoF arcane attunement + Arcane Dynamo. Using FB6 and deathwish.

O_o

That's really cool. How the hell did they get 3 fire skills in to burn stuff though? I've gotta go check that out.

There’s obviously some trick to it that I couldn’t figure out but it’s def viable.

I imagine Star Pact is still double-dipping on Arcane Dynamo. That's probably part of it.
11/29/2017 07:10 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
I noticed on 2m leaderboard someone managed to clear 116 with a Star Pact build using WoF arcane attunement + Arcane Dynamo. Using FB6 and deathwish.

O_o

That's really cool. How the hell did they get 3 fire skills in to burn stuff though? I've gotta go check that out.

There’s obviously some trick to it that I couldn’t figure out but it’s def viable.

I imagine Star Pact is still double-dipping on Arcane Dynamo. That's probably part of it.

Third fire skill was forked lightning. They also swapped Hergbrash for Shame of Delsere for extremely fast AP regen for more star pacts. No teleport. Astral Presence for more SP dmg. And Conflagration passive! Shocking Aspect rune of Storm Armor. Definitely some unusual active/passive choices.

I tested briefly with a zmonk at 110. One an elite is ignited I think the idea is to stand in sanc and build density, cast WoF to capture the Arcane attunement buff, spam forked lighting to quickly refill AP and build 5 stacks of Arcane Dynamo, and use Flame Ward to cast Star Pact. I’m not sure if he’s manually casting either WoF or SP, or simply channeling Flame Ward and letting ES do the work. SP casted by ES doesn’t appear to consume any AP, not sure if it’s getting the buff. Also channeling Flame Ward will consume Arcane Dynamo so I think he must be manually casting SP. problem I ran into was that after manually casting SP your AP is empty and you can’t channel to proc Deathwish before SP impacts. Really interested to know the rotation and how he’s getting all the buffs to synergize.

Anyway, very cool to see yet another viable wiz build variation.
11/29/2017 09:07 AMPosted by mcdundee
SP casted by ES doesn’t appear to consume any AP, not sure if it’s getting the buff. Also channeling Flame Ward will consume Arcane Dynamo so I think he must be manually casting SP. problem I ran into was that after manually casting SP your AP is empty and you can’t channel to proc Deathwish before SP impacts. Really interested to know the rotation and how he’s getting all the buffs to synergize.

Only manually cast Star Pacts get the AP buff.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19998542/patch-240-now-live-1-12-2016

Fixed an issue that caused Meteor - Star Pact to gain the damage bonus for spending Arcane Power when automatically cast by Tal Rasha's (2) Set Bonus, or Etched Sigil

So that could be why you aren't seeing as much power. I think you'd need to manually cast a Star Pact, do a single attack to generate enough AP to start channeling, then start channeling for the Deathwish/Sigil buffs before your manual cast Star Pact lands. Sounds like a pretty obnoxious rotation.

Unless they reverted that "bug" fix, and he's getting AP-buffed sigil-cast Star Pacts?
clear 116 with a Star Pact build using WoF arcane attunement + Arcane Dynamo.

Sounds similar to the group build Vox was testing. Rotation and buff management would be hard to manage there.
11/29/2017 01:15 PMPosted by Cratic
clear 116 with a Star Pact build using WoF arcane attunement + Arcane Dynamo.

Sounds similar to the group build Vox was testing. Rotation and buff management would be hard to manage there.

Yeah I know Vox has been eyeing Arcane attunement for a while now, and we were theorycrafting a Star Pact build in another thread. But yeah the rotation is critical. Somehow that guy got it to work. I tried to msg him in-game but no reply.
Check my d3p. I'm selling this build for long. Finally people start to try it.

I once got 2700T crit without pylon with 17k int. The key of the build is arcane dyno and Arcane attunement. It's easy to get over 80 stacks of arcane attunement in a good map. And you can land two manual-casted meteor in arcane COE.

https://www.d3planner.com/411439317
11/29/2017 05:29 PMPosted by WorkWorkWork
Check my d3p. I'm selling this build for long. Finally people start to try it.

I once got 2700T crit without pylon with 17k int. The key of the build is arcane dyno and Arcane attunement. It's easy to get over 80 stacks of arcane attunement in a good map. And you can land two manual-casted meteor in arcane COE.

https://www.d3planner.com/411439317

Hi thanks for sharing the build! I’m now trying it. All the skills make perfect sense but can you describe the rotation and timing a little.

I find that after I manually cast Star Pact my AP is empty so I cannot channel AT to get Deathwish activated. Do you cast forked lightning once just to get enough AP to start channeling? And is there enough time to do this before the Star Pact impacts?

Also do you ever manually cast WoF or do you always just let ES cast it? If ES casts WoF does it still grant the buff or does it only work with manually casted WoF?

Nice build! Thanks for any info
11/29/2017 05:54 PMPosted by mcdundee
I find that after I manually cast Star Pact my AP is empty so I cannot channel AT to get Deathwish activated.
Yeap, with enough APS, you can cast up to 3 forked lighting before channeling. It gives you AP, and helps you to shorten the cycle. With IAS from plvl, you should at least cast 2 forked lighting.

Also do you ever manually cast WoF or do you always just let ES cast it? If ES casts WoF does it still grant the buff or does it only work with manually casted WoF?
Both manual-casted and ES-casted work, so basically if ES didn't cast it, plz cast it manually.

If you feel too squishy, try replace BotP by Esoteric.

Hope these helpful. :-)
11/29/2017 06:08 PMPosted by WorkWorkWork
I find that after I manually cast Star Pact my AP is empty so I cannot channel AT to get Deathwish activated.
Yeap, with enough APS, you can cast up to 3 forked lighting before channeling. It gives you AP, and helps you to shorten the cycle. With IAS from plvl, you should at least cast 2 forked lighting.

Both manual-casted and ES-casted work, so basically if ES didn't cast it, plz cast it manually.

If you feel too squishy, try replace BotP by Esoteric.

Hope these helpful. :-)

Thanks Ive done a few runs with it now and I think I’ve figured it out. The timing between manually casting Star Pact, forked lightning, and Flame Ward is very fast. Took me a little while to get used to such a frantic rotation.

However, when it hits right its awesome!

It feels too squishy solo but I think this is much better suited to group anyway.

I’ll keep trying, thank you!
11/29/2017 07:52 PMPosted by mcdundee
It feels too squishy solo but I think this is much better suited to group anyway.
It's a group build, works for 2,3 and 4man, best for 4man.

Enjoy!
11/29/2017 09:59 PMPosted by WorkWorkWork
11/29/2017 07:52 PMPosted by mcdundee
It's a group build, works for 2,3 and 4man, best for 4man.

Enjoy!

Yep just did some 115s 3m. Works great!
11/29/2017 09:59 PMPosted by WorkWorkWork
best for 4man.

I cleared 120 in 4m last night using your Star Pact build. I definitely prefer this over meteor shower now.

I tried dropping Esoteric but was too squishy for my taste. Can probably make it work by putting more paragon into vit, or swapping to defensive gems in armor.

If you could manage to get away without an armor skill, replace Karini/Arlyse with RoRG, would allow you to slot Illusory boots, Mantle of Channeling, or even a good Arcane Andariel helm.

Andariel would give you 20% more Arcane dmg, plus you can still get AS, CC, and +Meteor. Would be a tough roll to get but possible.

MoC probably best dps increase but Illusory boots would be really nice since you can often get stuck with this spec. Zmonk needs to adjust and bring sanc to you.

Replace armor skill with spellsteal, but that makes the rotation even more difficult to manage. Spellsteal would consume Dynamo so the timing would be tricky.