Botting MEGATHREAD

General Discussion
Post your thoughts on the matter here.
There isn't even a method for reporting bots in game, Blizzard doesn't care if you cheat, or ruin other people's experience...the only thing they care about is that their games are safe spaces where speaking your mind gets you silenced.

Joined a T13 rift game today, a barbarian was in the cavern of Aranae running left and then right in the same area for over 2 hours...clearly a bot. I didn't bother reporting him because you can't, so I just sent a ticket to customer service telling them how I felt about their apathy on the situation.
Either botting goes, or I go.

Good Day :)
See you later, Demonmonger.

Botting will never go.

The best we have seen are banwaves.

And banwaves miss people on purpose to remain unpredictable.

Like I said before:

Understand our game, the lifecycle, the cash flow, the player population - and then figure out how much can blizzard afford to keep their anti hack team on D3.

The devs _DO_NOT_ police the bots.

This is done by an independent team. This team needs to watch all of the lines of business.

While I applaud the theoretical aspect of stopping bots, it's not realistically feasible to do. I've been anti bot since the beginning and you know what - it has been a waste of time and energy to post here and complain about it.

I suggest you concentrate on making D3 fun for you and ignore the bots. The sooner you do that, the sooner you'll realize - how much of a sham the leaderboards are and what the devs have done to this game to give you multiple outs to play other games. Come back after the next patch, refarm for a bit, explore the new mechanics, then...rinse and repeat.

P.S. Go to blizzcon and then you realize the footprint of this game has less than 1% of floor space dedicated to it.
BOT
[bot]
noun
a device or piece of software that can execute commands, reply to messages, or perform routine tasks, as online searches, either automatically or with minimal human intervention (often used in combination):
intelligent infobots; shopping bots that help consumers find the best prices.
11/19/2017 08:28 PMPosted by Greentea101
BOT
[bot]
noun
a device or piece of software that can execute commands, reply to messages, or perform routine tasks, as online searches, either automatically or with minimal human intervention (often used in combination):
intelligent infobots; shopping bots that help consumers find the best prices.

I like all of Greentea's posts
11/19/2017 08:20 PMPosted by Phatty
See you later, Demonmonger.

Botting will never go.

The best we have seen are banwaves.

If they performed a banwave at the end of each season, and there was confirmation this was going to happen each season, I would happily put in my normal 30 hours a week climbing for a top 50 spot.

I just need to see a sign that they care.
11/19/2017 07:29 PMPosted by Genji
Post your thoughts on the matter here.

Tired of seeing posts about it every day TBH. Fix it or make it legal.
I think your title is obnoxious. We already have threads on this subject and you are commanding this to be a megathread. Now I must go punish myself for responding to this. ugh. That is what I think about this. We all hate bots. Bots bad. bots must die. enough said.
Botting is BS and anyone who does it should be punished.
11/19/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Demonmonger

Still here?
11/20/2017 07:26 AMPosted by DonMartin
11/19/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Demonmonger

Still here?

Too soon, my statement would imply I am giving them time..... but nice try :)
Feel free to stick to an existing thread rather than continuing to create multiple.