Why isnt diablo optimized on pc for using a controler

Technical Support
sigh I dont wanna get carpel tunnel

it'd be nice for a future patch one day i dream to use a controler smoothly
There's already a patch: Buy the console version and a console. This has always been Blizzard's stance on the matter which makes sense, since the gameplay would need to be altered to account for the inferior gamepad.
11/29/2017 07:12 AMPosted by bunnyriven

But...how would you aim your Blizzard or Meteor with a gamepad? What about Teleport? Bombardment? Some spells require a bit more precise aiming. I haven't played the console versions so I have no clue how they allow you to aim. I doubt Blizzard even built the PC version to do this, it would require more than a simple patch I would think.

Then limit your game time, take regular breaks, and use good ergonomic practices.
Because it's a game meant to be played with m+k, consoles unfortunatelly suffer a lot of restrictions because they are allowed to use only controllers in games.
11/29/2017 07:16 AMPosted by SirSteel
There's already a patch, buy the console version and a console. This has always been Blizzard's stance on the matter which makes sense, since the gameplay would need to be altered to account for the inferior gamepad.
Would like to but they won't link my console with my pc.
11/29/2017 07:29 AMPosted by Zeddicuus

But...how would you aim your Blizzard or Meteor with a gamepad? What about Teleport? Bombardment? Some spells require a bit more precise aiming. I haven't played the console versions so I have no clue how they allow you to aim. I doubt Blizzard even built the PC version to do this, it would require more than a simple patch I would think.

You can target enemies with your left thumbstick, but that means it will always just target the closest enemy to you in the direction you're pointing. However, you can lock onto the enemy once you have it targeted by holding left trigger. Hardly precise to say the least.

As for teleport moves, you just always go the maximum distance in the direction you're pointing with your thumbstick.

So yes, you definitely lose a lot of precision playing with a controller. But on consoles all players deal with the same issue, so it works. If console controls were ported over to PC, players using a controller would be at a significant disadvantage compared to the mouse+kb players. I guess it would be alright if you only played solo and didn't care about leaderboards at all.
why are you using a controller on a pc anyway?

the whole point was to graduate away from kiddie consoling

yes this is a pc master race tongue in cheek response, calm down

for some games a controller makes sense, but very rarely IMO on a pc

key phrase, IMO

let the fun commence
I use a left handed device called an orbweaver which helps with position of my fingers to help with wrist pain. The older models are good too, as are competing keyboard adaptation devices.

I put the keyboard on a different level of my desk so I don't have to mess with it while playing except in an emergency.

Playing with a disability is difficult, but these devices can help a lot in some cases. Good luck.
I'd rater just be able to run/move using keys as well as the mouse.
11/29/2017 08:27 AMPosted by DonMartin

Then limit your game time, take regular breaks, and use good ergonomic practices.

This can't be stressed enough. A lot of people skimp on their setup despite spending a long time on it . It's a quick way to develop a lot of annoying stuff down the road.

That being said, it would be good to have the option to use either form of input in this game by switching the UI layout for either choice. PC gaming is about having options, after all.
11/29/2017 01:09 PMPosted by Merp
I'd rater just be able to run/move using keys as well as the mouse.

Bind Force Move to a key (like spacebar) and then pressing that will make you run in the direction of your mouse.

For numlockers, bind it to mouse wheel so you can scroll to move and not break numlock.
there is a way, just not supported by Blizzard . Just like you can use a keyboard and mouse to play games on the Ps and xbox " blizzard claims its cheating to use a keyboard and mouse while playing their games on PS and xbox" LOL . gamers will always find away
11/29/2017 06:00 PMPosted by akow
there is a way, just not supported by Blizzard . Just like you can use a keyboard and mouse to play games on the Ps and xbox " blizzard claims its cheating to use a keyboard and mouse while playing their games on PS and xbox" LOL . gamers will always find away

because pc gamers know controllers are an inferior means....

absolutely loved it when this info came out, kinda really settles the argument once and for all.

controller vs kb/m = rip controller player almost every single time
My friend and I have been playing pc games ever since pc's could run games. He used to play d3 on the pc but later switched to console. He prefers how it plays with the controller.

There's a documentary out there on YouTube about the making of the console version. It required a total rewrite of the game with consoles in mind so it's not just a generic port.

It's also why even if you used a keybind mapper to use a controller on your pc, it would play nothing like the console version.
11/29/2017 09:44 AMPosted by FusRoDah
11/29/2017 07:16 AMPosted by SirSteel
There's already a patch, buy the console version and a console. This has always been Blizzard's stance on the matter which makes sense, since the gameplay would need to be altered to account for the inferior gamepad.
Would like to but they won't link my console with my pc.
Get a HDMI cable and plug one end in to the console and the other in to the PC monitor, tadah.
blizzard should allow controller support on PC what about people with disabilities that can only use game pads? should be an accessibility option just for that sake and also can help console people migrate to PC so it would be a better businesses plan to patch that in there.
12/08/2017 06:00 AMPosted by Rugglez
blizzard should allow controller support on PC what about people with disabilities that can only use game pads?

Games and entertainment are not covered by the ADA laws. While many companies try to make things that are accessible, it is not always possible to do so and it is not required. The costs required to make adaptations to fit a tiny tiny possible user base, are not in the best interest of most companies. That is why they don't try to make dance games wheelchair accessible. They don't try to make mainstream video games accessible to the blind. They don't specifically make computer games for people who can't use a computer. There are some specialty companies out there that may choose to develop things for that market, but mainstream ones won't. Gamers who want assistance can work with a group like ablegamers.com who help disabled folks find assisrtive devices and set up games for them. They helped someone who was paralyzed from the shoulders down to play D3 on the PC.

12/08/2017 06:00 AMPosted by Rugglez
also can help console people migrate to PC

I am not sure what you mean by this. The systems are completely separate. There is no data migration possible.