Hexing Pants Worth It?

Crusader
Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan was just a week ago or so being used by most, it seems people in highest ranks have transitioned to the Akkhan set pants, to use illusory boots and have leorics crown in the cube in order to use string of ears vs. vigilante.

My question is, is the 25% damage loss worth the 30% melee damage reduction? I guess since you have to weave with your melee attacks every couple of seconds it may negate some of the damage gains, but still it seems like you're giving up alot for damage reduction.
hexing pant is not worth it, yes u gain damage while walking around but u still need to stand still for 1/3 of the time just keep up ur focus/guard buff. consider this, leoric is on 100% of the time. mean u can sack 1 peice of cooldown gear to something else. i/e 10% cdr on furnace to 1.4k vita or area damage, u unlock so many option compare to using hexing pants. where u must roll a furnace with 10% dmg/10% cdr.
12/01/2017 07:19 PMPosted by IMCL85
hexing pant is not worth it, yes u gain damage while walking around but u still need to stand still for 1/3 of the time just keep up ur focus/guard buff. consider this, leoric is on 100% of the time. mean u can sack 1 peice of cooldown gear to something else. i/e 10% cdr on furnace to 1.4k vita or area damage, u unlock so many option compare to using hexing pants. where u must roll a furnace with 10% dmg/10% cdr.

Yeah you're absolutely right, I switched and it was a night and day difference. I was able to switch my ring from CDR to CHC, so that's a 50% CHC boost right off the bat, not to mention 29% (for me) dmg reduction from melee attacks, huge help. Really I don't even think I notice the damage difference since I'm free to stand still in the oculus ring circles without losing damage. So props to whoever thought of this, interesting how such a subtle change can make a huge difference.
I like Hexing and hate it. I'm using Hexing for the added resource generation I run out wrath quickly.