Royal Calf 2018 Darkening Event

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
After going through my blacksmith, I realised Wirt's Leg has turned into a magical item. Just to clarify, this was a legendary item during the last Darkening of Tristram.

It's probably a bug and hopefully it's getting a hotfix soon.
It's either a bug, or something not included in this years event. Either way, it's clearly not working in the manner expected. Tried it earlier tonight with no luck as others have reported. Hoping it's just a bug as I would really like obtaining the cow pet.
can you just go touch the cows in 2-1-3 order to open the portal?
01/03/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Gigabyte
can you just go touch the cows in 2-1-3 order to open the portal?

Sadly no, I've already tried, as many others have done too.
Tried getting the map in the current session and had same results from salvaging Wirt's leg (just got arcane dust).
I have a map saved from last year. Went to the dead cows with the map in my inventory and opened the portal to the cow level. Entered and went and looted the stash.
Wonder if someone can piggyback on my toon if they're in instance with me and I open the cow portal?
Nevermind. The map is gone now, guess it got used up.
01/03/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Griff
It's either a bug, or something not included in this years event. Either way, it's clearly not working in the manner expected. Tried it earlier tonight with no luck as others have reported. Hoping it's just a bug as I would really like obtaining the cow pet.

Hope it's still a reward, since I wasn't able to do the event last year, on the account of having a bricked computer.

Will be pretty pissed if they have removed it as a reward.
I too hope it's just a bug. Removing content is always a bad move and I never understand it when developers do it.
I want my ROYAL CALF! Fix the bug FFS!!1!
01/03/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Blackarrows
01/03/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Muddchook
I guess we all get to wait quietly for a patch/hotfix.

Honestly it just may not be included in this years event. The Royal Calf pet is not shown in the rewards section of the posted blog.
This will certainly be another deal that will not set well with the players.
Hope I'm wrong on this, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Bliz has removed it from future events.
Since all the other pieces of the calf pet are still in the game, it certainly appears to be a bug issue with the change to wirt's leg tmog a while back, hope so.

If this was the case you would think they would let people know it was removed instead of having pages of forums filled with bug reports and complaints. Besides why remove something from game that was no way overpowered or give anyone any special advantage other then picking up gold just like any other pet.
01/04/2018 05:24 AMPosted by shanaya
If this was the case you would think they would let people know it was removed instead of having pages of forums filled with bug reports and complaints. Besides why remove something from game that was no way overpowered or give anyone any special advantage other then picking up gold just like any other pet.

There are numerous pets and cosmetics that were a one time deal and are no longer attainable.
Bliz has a track record of removing or changing items in the game numerous times, without any type of notification.
I'm not saying that is the case here, but it was the 20th Anniversary last year and that pet may have been intended for a one time reward only.
Have to wait and see.
Discover Precious Loot

What is a Diablo game without shiny new loot to call your own? Completing activities in the anniversary event yields unique transmogrification effects, achievements, portraits, pets, and more.

While some rewards are easy to find, others may have you scouring every nook or unlocking every achievement before you can get your hands on them. Can you earn them all? There’s only one way to find out!

It says pets, not pet.
There are hundreds of posts about this now. I am guessing it is a bug but we shall see.

It is still 7:45am at Blizzard so most of them at are not at work yet. I sent Nevalistis a note so she has a heads up before she gets in. They are going to have to talk about it once everyone gets there and then can hopefully give us an update.
Thank you @MissCheetah!
Thank you @MissCheetah
If the Royal Calf was removed intentionally, it'd be such a bad PR move. Some of us could not be there for the original anniversary. The event is supposed to make us feel warm and fuzzy about 20+ years of Diablo, not leave ashes in our mouths.

I really hope i's a bug.

<->
The code was changed after the event last year .Just a FYI you could make werts leg and salvage it for a FS for the cost of 1 mil gold ,So people were getting thousands of FS for basically nothing.

I am sure that some one just forgot to switch it back it is a simple fix.When they get to fixing it is another question but that is the problem.
01/04/2018 07:47 AMPosted by MissCheetah
There are hundreds of posts about this now. I am guessing it is a bug but we shall see.

That it is. We have an investigation underway to find the source cause.

Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. As soon as we have an update, I'll let you all know ASAP!
Thank you @Nevalistis
01/04/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Nevalistis
As soon as we have an update, I'll let you all know ASAP!

Thank you!