Darkening of tristram

General Discussion
01/01/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Rodzilla
01/01/2018 11:29 AMPosted by MissCheetah

Go kill the cultist priest guys hanging around mostly in Act 1.

I did that yesterday afternoon......

Great! I assume you have the 7 pages for the portrait frame then. On the 4th we will get the portal.
Where do you see which pages you have? I just found page 1, but can't see it stored anywhere.

Embarassed to say that I didn't know this but they are in your stash...for those who don't know :(
So why hasn't Blizzard responded? Time of day runs from 12 midnight to 1159 pm of each day. What an incredible disappointment that the folks at Blizzard either can't tell time, or didn't have anyone proof reading. There are a lot of people off today and so why have something like this start on the day after? Someone really screwed up here.
01/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by AhzureDragon
So why hasn't Blizzard responded? Time of day runs from 12 midnight to 1159 pm of each day. What an incredible disappointment that the folks at Blizzard either can't tell time, or didn't have anyone proof reading. There are a lot of people off today and so why have something like this start on the day after? Someone really screwed up here.

They did. Nevalistis posted even though she is not even at work today. Read the other threads on the topic please, esp the one with the Blue post.
01/01/2018 01:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah
01/01/2018 01:18 PMPosted by AhzureDragon

They did. Nevalistis posted even though she is not even at work today. Read the other threads on the topic please, esp the one with the Blue post.

Could you not link it? - *Edit: Never mind, I just ran across your earlier post that says cross linking is against the rules. I understand the issue. However telling us the name of the thread this post we are supposed to read is in would be helpful and not violate the rules.. Seeing there are so many threads about this same topic.
01/01/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Fautsin
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Could you not link it? - *Edit: Never mind, I just ran across your earlier post that says cross linking is against the rules. I understand the issue. However telling us the name of the thread this post we are supposed to read is in would be helpful and not violate the rules.. Seeing there are so many threads about this same topic.

It is the only blue post on the front page I think and the thread topic is related :) Blizzard posts are blue and you can click the Blizzard logo at the side of the thread to go straight to the Blue post.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760667805?page=2#post-36
01/01/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Idolis
Midnight on the Jan. 1 is 12:00 am the night of the 31st.

Noon is 12:00 pm. Midnight is 12:00 am. Midnight on Jan. 1st would be 12:00 am.
01/01/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Blackarrows
The cultists are scattered in every area in Act 1 that has a wp, mostly, weeping, cathedral, halls of agony etc.
They drop the pages and they also will drop duplicates. Keep running areas, new game if needed, until you get all 7 pages. Achievement should trigger on last page pickup.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760657628#post-4

Thank you very much for giving he two locations for pages. It was VERY helpful and I am now searching in the Halls of Agony. Again, this post gave a location to start.

Well done
Also to know is that the pages will be in white bags that are the same color at money bags so be careful as not to leave any white bags behind. FYI :)
Update:

In Act-1, I have found cultist in all of the "dungeon" areas so look inside them all as so it is easier for me to do the leveled dungeons as the open area's seem to take up much more time and are littered with various critters.
Smaller zones are good.

Zones that are not crowded with standard colorized cultists are good.

Once you have the page from the cultists in a zone, use the map to go to a different small zone. Once you have done all the small zones you can tolerate, create a new game and go to small zones without regular cultists again.
Okay, after more testing, there are more cultist in the "Halls Of Agony" that other dungeons. Much more.
In other words run bounties and cathedral till u have the 7 pages. Nothing special u have to do. Once u have the 7 pages collected the portal becomes available on the 4th. There is no quest nothing special to do. Just run bounties in any act. The cultists are randomly placed throughout. When u kill a group it will drop a page. I have 4 page 7s and nothing else after about 30 mins of farming. Might need to log several times for loot table to switch to other pages. Happy hunting!
01/02/2018 05:51 PMPosted by awesomevoss
Once u have the 7 pages collected the portal becomes available on the 4th.

The portal will be available to players on the 4th regardless of whether they've collected the cultist pages or not, i.e. the pages are not a pre-requisite for entry.
According to a blue post, the portal will be available in just over 20 hours. 4pm Pacific time, 3rd of January. That is the most current info I have heard.
So far for me today I have all but page 2. Pretty simple grind. I will post here to get rid of my extras after getting that elusive scroll 2 :)
for those who didn't do this last January, ya'll are setting urselves up for disappointment; it really isn't anything special, you will feel violated, even a fool, for even trying for it.

you've been warned.
01/02/2018 09:12 PMPosted by dogma420
for those who didn't do this last January, ya'll are setting urselves up for disappointment; it really isn't anything special, you will feel violated, even a fool, for even trying for it.

you've been warned.

"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to..."
Dose not matter as I am enjoying the new activity. Very rare that Diablo has an event. All the other games do it often. When D3 has one, I take advantage of it.

Also, no everyone is looking for super amazing items, rather we seek having fun and doing a few new things. Hell, I am excited to take my D3 toon into a D1 adventure with a few of my friends.

No harm, no foul.