Darkening Tristram and how to start

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
01/01/2018 09:09 AMPosted by MissCheetah
01/01/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Avalon
By the way what are you cooking up today anything good?

Funny you ask that, I just posted in the New Year thread.

Making a big pot of chili with ground beef, onions, garlic, 4 kinds of beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and assorted chili spices. I can have that with crackers or serve over rice to stretch it. It is so cold here that it sounds really good to me. I also have some plain greek yogurt (I don't do sour cream) and some shredded cheese I can put on top. Should last me all week and will make the house smell amazing.

Okay, everyone has just been invited to MissC home for lunch, bring a snacks and drinks. Take your Advair if you have any issues with cats. We can run an 8 hour session of D&D 5th addition. Just make sure Nineball shows up.
01/01/2018 09:10 AMPosted by AranHaelVal
Dear MissCheetah
Can I create a magic portal, just to run fast from thread to thread ?
You know, the event *Darkening of Tristram*, right now this is the hot topic on the forum.
:-)

No. Cross linking is against the forum rules as is spamming a copy paste in each thread. Don't do that again please.

01/01/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Avalon
Okay, everyone has just been invited to MissC home for lunch, bring a snake and drinks. Take your Advair if you have any issues with cats. We can run an 8 hour session of D&D 5th addition. Just make sure Nineball shows up.

It is already lunch time here, chili is for dinner. Also Nein is not ever going to travel up here when it is so cold. He is a FL type guy. Why snakes? I assume you meant snack.

I also only have the D&D books for 3rd Edition, not 5th. Still have my dice though.
Thank you very much MissChili.
Happy new year
:-)
I don't remember killing cultist before the portal last year is this like something added?
01/01/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Taxfree942
I don't remember killing cultist before the portal last year is this like something added?

They were there last year too but they are just for the portrait. You don't have to kill them to get the portal. Last year they were up a few hours before the portal. This year, as per the patch notes, we get them for Jan 1-3 before the portal opens.
I just want to confirm, it's playable in story mode as well right? I want to play it on my PS4 this year but I haven't unlocked adventure mode yet.
01/01/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Avalon
Okay, everyone has just been invited to MissC home for lunch
It's fine, although it's a long time to fly from St. Petersburg to ...?
In any case it would be cool (and need to ask in person, ok).
Friends, Le secret de Polichinelle, me is mvp as well (in EU/RU tech. sup.) so that on the New Year tree there are a lot of green letters (needles I meant :) Happy New Year!
MissC I know you live in a cave with 3 cats and no TV

Actually, MissC got a smart TV for Christmas.
Love Diablo, but launching the event with micro precursor content that's going to drag on for 1-3 days given seems really odd, especially if starting on the 1st makes no difference other than an effort to make content seem like more than it actually is. Why is it a day range, keep us guessing? Having it live today would have made it fun since basically everyone is home to play. P.S. Hope everyone has fun having chili and MissC's.
01/01/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Meteorblade
MissC I know you live in a cave with 3 cats and no TV

Actually, MissC got a smart TV for Christmas.

True, but I don't have cable or an antenna for it. It is in a box in the guest room still. I have no idea why my family got it for me. I have not had cable or any TV service since 2001! All I wanted was canned and dry good consumables :(

01/01/2018 09:41 AMPosted by SooooSugoi
I just want to confirm, it's playable in story mode as well right?

Pretty sure you need Adventure Mode for the event. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21361560/the-darkening-of-tristram-12-28-2017

Stop the Cultists

Your journey begins on the trail of a group of mysterious cultists causing trouble in Sanctuary. As you hunt them down in Adventure Mode, you’ll uncover clues leading to a portal into Tristram’s past, and the terrifying darkness that took hold of the town so many years ago. . . .
So I'm new to this. Where exactly do I start for the cultists? Are their drops RNG so that I have to make a new game after clearing where ever they are?
01/01/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Merp
So I'm new to this. Where exactly do I start for the cultists? Are their drops RNG so that I have to make a new game after clearing where ever they are?

Mostly in Act 1. Yes, the drops are RNG so you may get the same pages multiple times. Yes, you may have to make a new game to get everything.
You can use any build, the cultists are all over the place, I like to run Act 1 the Halls. You need to located all 7 pages to get the portrait frame. All I needed was page 5, when I had 2 -4 each of all the other ones, so it is a hit and miss quest.
Blizzard tweeted the following about 15 min ago. Thought I'd save you all the trouble and post it here: ".Only the roaming cultist Event is currently live. The portal opens later this week." (would have been nice if they confirmed it was the 4th).
01/01/2018 07:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Correction! As has been pointed out to me below - The few hours delay was only for the first year. This year and other years the Cultists will be there first for Jan 1-3. Portal opens after that so probably the 4th.

Saw the confusion pop up and wanted to hop in to reaffirm this! Apologies for not reiterating this information in the blog; we'll get that updated as soon as the rest of us are back in office.

Again, just to be clear: only the pre-cursor event (roaming cultists in Adventure Mode) is currently available. The portal to Old Tristram will open on January 4th.
Thank you Nevalistis!
Thanks Brandy! Do you know when on the 4th? Midnight PST or sometime during the day?
Why did they create a pre-cursor event? >.<

I spent about 4.5 hours hunting cultists for all but one page. I was missing page 3 but I had 4+ copies of every other page. Once I acquired all of the pages, I wanted to hit the portal and get the remainder of the event done and move on to other things. I went on a hunt for the portal by remaking games thinking the portal was a random spawn similar to bounties. This is really annoying and frustrating to realize I just wasted a bunch of time and internet bandwidth remaking games to no avail.

Please remove the pre-cursor event. Just leave the cultists and the pages in the game for the month of January and provide the correct instructions on how to access the event. Not everyone wants to hunt the pages for the portrait especially since the pages can't be traded. The pages are an item that should be trade-able since they are throw away items and we can at least farm in parties much like how we hunt for goblins who drop the pets.

Happy New Year everyone.