Darkening Tristram and how to start

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
Are there any rewards that are different from last year's event? Any incentive to run through it again?
01/02/2018 07:10 AMPosted by TR3MOR
Are there any rewards that are different from last year's event? Any incentive to run through it again?

No, they did not add anything different.
01/01/2018 01:25 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Nev is not at work today, so we may have to wait to find out.

Does that mean that only one person in Blizzard know the date when the event starts? That's... really sad.

Maybe they are all busy making Diablo 4? :>
01/02/2018 10:02 AMPosted by SilveroS
Does that mean that only one person in Blizzard know the date when the event starts? That's... really sad.

No, it means that the staff was off work for a Holiday yesterday. Nevalistis is the Community Manager, it is literally her job to monitor social media, forums, fan sites, and streams, etc. I don't know about elsewhere, but in the US almost nobody works on New Year's Day.

Most of them should be back in today sometime.
OK i have all 7 of the pages now what do I do with them?
01/02/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Butch
OK i have all 7 of the pages now what do I do with them?

Try reading them
01/02/2018 10:28 AMPosted by SilveroS
Try reading them

Salvage them, after reading them !
I forgot, there is no such option yet.
;-)
i havent make this event earlier because this game is sack of crap

but i do want now and guess what, wait till 4 jan
XDDDDDDDDDDDD
01/01/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Nevalistis
01/01/2018 07:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Correction! As has been pointed out to me below - The few hours delay was only for the first year. This year and other years the Cultists will be there first for Jan 1-3. Portal opens after that so probably the 4th.

Saw the confusion pop up and wanted to hop in to reaffirm this! Apologies for not reiterating this information in the blog; we'll get that updated as soon as the rest of us are back in office.

Again, just to be clear: only the pre-cursor event (roaming cultists in Adventure Mode) is currently available. The portal to Old Tristram will open on January 4th.

Blog:
Your Journey Begins…

Exclusive rewards and challenging enemies await you, but they won’t last forever! The cultists will appear starting December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 30 at the same time.

One of the posts needs to be corrected, either this one is wrong or the blog post is.
The portal will either open on the 3rd at 4:00 pm pst or the 4th as stated here.
01/02/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Blackarrows
One of the posts needs to be corrected, either this one is wrong or the blog post is.
The portal will either open on the 3rd at 4:00 pm pst or the 4th as stated here.

So, they're technically both right. I had the 4th in my head because the start time is programmed in UTC (midnight on the 4th). That means it actually begins on the 3rd in PST as a byproduct. Trust the post times in the blog at this point, as they were updated early today and triple-checked for accuracy!

Apologies for the confusion; this is why I rarely post from home without my usual access to resources. :) I just wanted to make sure folks knew we were aware of the miscommunication and that we would be fixing it.
That clears it up. thanks.
Does anyone want to party up with me on PS4 I’m paragon level 624 and want to get some cool people to play with. Add me CrazyWalt90
Here's a guide from a year ago, hopefully this helps those looking for answers of what's available and how to go forward.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/diablo-anniversary-event-complete-guide
I would be happy to let Blizzard make it up to us in the form of double experience points for the first 24 hours.
Do you need to have a level 1 seasonal character to unlock all the achievements (Butcher pet), or will a level 1 non-seasonal character still work?
01/02/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Nevalistis
So, they're technically both right. I had the 4th in my head because the start time is programmed in UTC (midnight on the 4th). That means it actually begins on the 3rd in PST as a byproduct. Trust the post times in the blog at this point, as they were updated early today and triple-checked for accuracy!

US blog post...
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21361560
Exclusive rewards and challenging enemies await you, but they won’t last forever! The cultists will appear starting December 31 at 4 p.m. PST, and the portal opens January 3 at the same hour. Both parts of the event end January 30 at the same time.

EU blog post...
https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/21361560
Exclusive rewards and challenging enemies await you, but they won’t last forever! The anniversary event begins January 1 at midnight and ends January 30 at the same time.

Might be nice if you asked your EU counterparts to update the EU blog.
Is the event happening already? I have gone to Old Tristram but nothing new has happened. Is there a need to be a new character or an old one is valid?
01/02/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Draconyan
Is the event happening already? I have gone to Old Tristram but nothing new has happened. Is there a need to be a new character or an old one is valid?

The portal opens at 16:00 PST January 3rd.
It's currently 19:30 PST January 2nd.
Wait another 20 hours 30 minutes.
Blizz games screen still says it starts 3 Jan