Darkening Tristram and how to start

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
01/02/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Butch
OK i have all 7 of the pages now what do I do with them?

i could answer you, but i will behave this time :)
01/01/2018 12:01 PMPosted by BossDogg
Why did they create a pre-cursor event? >.<

I spent about 4.5 hours hunting cultists for all but one page. I was missing page 3 but I had 4+ copies of every other page. Once I acquired all of the pages, I wanted to hit the portal and get the remainder of the event done and move on to other things. I went on a hunt for the portal by remaking games thinking the portal was a random spawn similar to bounties. This is really annoying and frustrating to realize I just wasted a bunch of time and internet bandwidth remaking games to no avail.

Please remove the pre-cursor event. Just leave the cultists and the pages in the game for the month of January and provide the correct instructions on how to access the event. Not everyone wants to hunt the pages for the portrait especially since the pages can't be traded. The pages are an item that should be trade-able since they are throw away items and we can at least farm in parties much like how we hunt for goblins who drop the pets.

Happy New Year everyone.

wasting internet bandwidth? lol i feel sorry for you
@MissC
Did someone say cultists and greek yogurt???
That's funny because I just made fried green plantains with a greek yorgurt sauce.
01/03/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Firebrand
@MissC
Did someone say cultists and greek yogurt???
That's funny because I just made fried green plantains with a greek yorgurt sauce.

Chili and Greek yogurt! I try to avoid yogurt bearing cultists.

I have never had fried green plantains but I can imagine they would be good with the yogurt esp if they are spicy!
Darkness Minus Two Hours.
01/02/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Trust the post times in the blog at this point, as they were updated early today and triple-checked for accuracy!

They (whoever does your pages in French on the EU blog) forgot to put the time in the French version of the blog :( Probably doesn't matter now... the portal should be up in about 3 hrs or so.
Les sectateurs apparaîtront à partir du 1er janvier, et le portail s’ouvrira du 3 au 30 janvier inclus.

https://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/blog/21361560/l%E2%80%99%C3%A2ge-sombre-de-tristram-28-12-2017
Are there any way points in the 16 levels? Or do I have to do all the walking/teleporting :P
There were no waypoints in Diablo 1.... they had stairs from some of the floors (5, 9, 13, and 18 iirc) but yeah.... set aside some time when you want to go through it because walking and town portal is about it.... or use a fast hero :)
Can I use a seaonal char?
Are there new rewards this year? Or is it the same as last year?
The portal is now active, but you'll need to restart your client to see it.
Just so you know, when you start up your game a pop up comes up saying it's now active.

In the game open the map and go to act 1.

There is a small red pentagram next to the old ruins portal marker on the map and when you put the cursor over it, it says the darkening of Tristam.

So portal to the old ruins on act 1 and look around the place for a blue portal.

That's it

Took me a while to find it and nobody wrote how to find it and it wasn't obvious at first.

Thanks.

Maybe this helps someone. :-)
01/03/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Phlebiac
Can I use a seaonal char?
yes

01/03/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Hops
Are there new rewards this year? Or is it the same as last year?
They're the same... the only plus (perhaps) is that you get the plan for Wirt's leg... I already had it in non-season... now I have it in season too :-P

Just one difference... I didn't get a map when I salvaged Wirt's leg, and touching the cows in the correct order did not open the small area with Wirt's stash... I think it's because I already had the Royal Calf pet.
01/03/2018 04:38 PMPosted by aindriu
Just so you know, when you start up your game a pop up comes up saying it's now active.

In the game open the map and go to act 1.

There is a small red pentagram next to the old ruins portal marker on the map and when you put the cursor over it, it says the darkening of Tristam.

So portal to the old ruins on act 1 and look around the place for a blue portal.

That's it

Took me a while to find it and nobody wrote how to find it and it wasn't obvious at first.

Thanks.

Maybe this helps someone. :-)

Do you do this in Campaign mode or Adventure mode? I am trying to get the butcher pet and trying to figure out how to get a lvl 1 there in campaign mode. Does anyone know?
01/03/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Enigma
Do you do this in Campaign mode or Adventure mode? I am trying to get the butcher pet and trying to figure out how to get a lvl 1 there in campaign mode. Does anyone know?
Adv mode only. Create a new char and select adv. mode.
01/03/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Enigma
how to get a lvl 1 there in campaign mode.
there is no portal in Campaign mode.... so yeah, adventure mode only.

Good luck with your new pet :)
01/01/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Nevalistis
01/01/2018 07:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Correction! As has been pointed out to me below - The few hours delay was only for the first year. This year and other years the Cultists will be there first for Jan 1-3. Portal opens after that so probably the 4th.

Saw the confusion pop up and wanted to hop in to reaffirm this! Apologies for not reiterating this information in the blog; we'll get that updated as soon as the rest of us are back in office.

Again, just to be clear: only the pre-cursor event (roaming cultists in Adventure Mode) is currently available. The portal to Old Tristram will open on January 4th.

Any news on when new and not recycled content is coming our way ?
Any kind of message or at least hint im sure would be loved by the players. We havnt really seen anything come from the community managers in a while.
Completely understand people go away for Christmas and you cant post over this time but if maintenance mode is really here dont you think 5 years in players deserve to know whats going on.
I got the warts leg and Salvage it but it didn't give me any recipe for the cow pet what am I doing wrong