How Do I Unlock New (62 and higher) Torment Levels?

General Discussion
I have looked in the forums and cannot find a direct answer for this. Am I searching the wrong context?

A friend told me that all you have to do in order to go past T61 is to beat T61 in a set time limit. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what that "limit" is, or if this information is correct. Could somebody please clarify this for me, or post a simple chart explaining the time limits to beat in each T Level so that I may progress? It would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance for taking the time to help me.
The highest T level is 13 or XIII. That equals Greater Rift level 60. To unlock higher GR levels you must beat your highest available GR in 15 minutes or less. If you beat it well under the time limit you can go up multiple GR levels. Hope this helps
As CSB said and it must be GR60 solo under 15 mins
Okay. Well - thank you for helping me. But how do you run GR's that are higher than T61 then?
01/02/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Ghobie
Okay. Well - thank you for helping me. But how do you run GR's that are higher than T61 then?

Select higher GR level from the pull-down menu, once you've beaten 61 in 15 minutes.
*How Do I Unlock New (62 and higher) Torment Levels?*
Right now you don't
You can unlock 162 and higher Tier
Torment XIV, XV, XVI... ,soon
:-)
01/02/2018 02:18 AMPosted by Ghobie
But how do you run GR's that are higher than T61 then?

If you successfully complete a GR61 (i.e. you kill the Guardian within 15 minutes of starting the GR) that unlocks the possibility of running a GR62. If you complete a GR really fast you can unlock more than one level, e.g. if you successfully complete a GR61 in under 5 minutes it would unlock access to GR62, 63 and 64.

By the way, don't refer to things as "T61". T stands for Torment, and that only goes up to 13. When referring to Greater Rifts use GRxx where xx is the level.
01/02/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Meteorblade
T stands for Torment

T stands for Torment Tier Triple Trick
:-)
Difficulty Levels
Max is Torment 13. T7-13 All Require level 70 to play Private. In Public Play Only Up to T6 is available until you clear the Torment Equivalent Greater Rift Solo (I.E. to Unlock T13 Public requires clearing GR60 Solo)

Greater Rifts
Greater Rifts are unlocked in 2 Ways.
-Clear a Normal Rift on any difficulty (solo or group) unlock all Greater Rifts up to the Equivalent (IE. Clear a T7 Unlocks all GRs up thru about 30. This can be used to unlock all the way up to GR60 if T13 Normal Rift is cleared.

- Clear a Greater Rift in the 15 min time limit will unlock the next GR level. (I.E. Clear a 62 within 15mins will unlock GR63). Multiple Additional levels can be unlocked if a GR is cleared quickly. These can be solo or group.
How can you have level 63 gems and not know how to enter a GR?
01/02/2018 08:41 AMPosted by ZeeLoyd

My best guess is that they probably join group GR or push GR with a clan. However, they would have to be at GR 70 or higher to have level 63 gems.

Successfully completing a GR61 would get him a 60% chance to upgrade a gem from 61 to 62 and 30% to upgrade from 62 to 63 so it's certainly possible to have level 63 gems without having been past a GR61.
He has a crusader breezing T65...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753656564?page=4#post-61
12/31/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Ghobie
Seriously? All the debate and heat over primals and bots, etc. Bots need to go - period. You have what? 6 buttons to manipulate? Im pretty sure my cat can do that...... T65 is a breeze for my Crusader. And unless you are 14 - 18 yrs old, I really fail to see the importance of a Leaderboard. It wont pay the bills. It wont put food on your table. All that effort for something you will never hold, touch, smell, eat, etc. For the hours and hours upon hours of "work", as some would call it, and for what? Your bumm is tender from sitting too long?

Some players are casual. Some have to be the best, and have the best gear. They enjoy tweeking that 1% gain. Let them play how they wish. ITS A GAME. When they are grown, responsible adults with jobs and responsibilities, all the game issues seem not so important. I would MUCH rather be a good parent than a person so involvedin a game debate that it clouds my ability to talk rationally.

With that said, I greatly enjoy D3. I am happy to see "new" drops, and I probably spend way too much time playing. I certainly wish they would ramp up the drop rate on Primals and perhaps add a new look. I would also like to see the return of the Amazon or Druid class (or both). Ahhh...... but that may incite more debate....or lead to something off topic.

In short, let Primals be what they are. A ramp up, a few extra stat points, etc. If you make enough friends and build a nice group, it will add to the enjoyment and feeling of accomplishment. Enjoy playing how you want to play (crap builds and all - its YOUR choice). Dont be too concerned about how others play. It will drain the life out of the game if you do.

I can run GR's. I can solo GR 61 in jist over 8 min. But nothing elese will unlock. Sorry for the terminology. I was refering to GR's as Torment level. I just needed to know how to unlock anything past GR 61 because Im having a hard time leveling my gems.
you have to complete 100 bounties before it unlocks
01/02/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Ghobie

I can run GR's. I can solo GR 61 in jist over 8 min. But nothing elese will unlock. Sorry for the terminology. I was refering to GR's as Torment level. I just needed to know how to unlock anything past GR 61 because Im having a hard time leveling my gems.

Are you scrolling up at the GR menu?
If I remember correctly, once you win at a given Greater Rift, the pull down menu will let you select two levels hihger than that to attempt, but I may be mistaken... it may only be one Greater Rift level higher.

The worst case is -- once you win at Greater Rift 61, you talk to the gem upgrade lady, you leave, you close the Greater Rift. Then, given that you have at least one keystone in inventory or stash, you click the pylon, you use the pull-down menu to select Greater Rift 62, you decide whether or not to spend heaps of gold getting a chance at an additional leg gem upgrade, and you click go.

That's it. Once you win at Greater Rift 62, you can pull down to get to Greater Rift 63, and so on.
12/31/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Ghobie
T65 is a breeze for my Crusader.
01/02/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Ghobie
I just needed to know how to unlock anything past GR 61 because Im having a hard time leveling my gems.

http://ximg.co.uk/images/2018/01/03/d3_higher_than_gr61.jpg
Ok if you have never soloed GR65 solo, how do you know it will be a breeze? It possibly could be but you sound almost too sure of yourself. Like everyone else said all you have to do is scroll upward. The only way it wont go up is if you did not meet the time requirement. Yeah you have to keep pushing onward to keep getting your working gems upgraded.
It won't go up if you live under a bridge...