Condemn toughness questions

Crusader
Can someone tell me how does the crusader stay alive?
Like which are the skills/item that makes your toughness go over 300m?

The damage is great. But my god I get squished like a bug. Especially the RG. I have to be somewhat within melee range but 1 or 2 hits and I die. I'm having issues understanding how to stay alive.

Could it be the way I play? Am I supposed to run around and run back in just as the condemn explodes or something? Coz facetanking doesn't seem to be working very well.
You could switch from Long Arm to Indestructible.
01/03/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Doom
You could switch from Long Arm to Indestructible.

That doesn't quite solve the problem. Having an extra life means nothing if you're still going to die in 2 hits.

And I'm sure those guys pushing 120 need to solve this problem too. No matter how much dps you do, the RG hits like a truck in higher gr. Other classes solve that problem by having almost 300mil toughness and some kind of life on hit regen.

But I don't see such recommendations on crusader guides. Which presents a puzzle to me which i'd very much like to solve.
01/03/2018 06:54 PMPosted by thelws
Can someone tell me how does the crusader stay alive?
Like which are the skills/item that makes your toughness go over 300m?

The damage is great. But my god I get squished like a bug. Especially the RG. I have to be somewhat within melee range but 1 or 2 hits and I die. I'm having issues understanding how to stay alive.

Could it be the way I play? Am I supposed to run around and run back in just as the condemn explodes or something? Coz facetanking doesn't seem to be working very well.

If you are running COE, I don't think you should be face tanking. You can check out Leviathan's vid which explains abit how you play around the COE cycle. Basically while you are not in the holy cycle, you are just trying to group up the mob. Right before the holy cycle, pop iron skin and you slash (for F&R), engage till cycle if over, and wait for next cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk4-INlbJz8

I also notice that you do not have any augs. Augs should give quite a good boost to both damage and toughness.
Ok So I followed the guide and did get a few pointers. Most importantly I found out what gives the crusader it's toughness.

The answer to that is: Slash-guard.
You need this to be at 5 stacks when you want to be tanky. The moment it drops off you will start to squish.

With the 5 stacks of guard your toughness will balloon to about 200mil. If you use Iron skin, it will go up higher. If you use laws of justice(immovable object or decaying strength) the toughness will jump to about 300 mil. So there's the thoughness issue solved.

Managed to clear 94 with almost basic gear. Just 5 ancients. Very solid build.
Slash-Guard.... try and check how much it raises your armor when Akarat's Champion is active.... It might go from 94.50% to 95% in damage reduction which really isn't a lot. Of course it depends on your total strength etc.

I have run with Laws of Justice - Decaying strength, then you can choose either Indestructable or Long arm of the law.
Also get an ancient Furnace.
Going from 94.5% DR (5.5% damage taken) to 95% DR (5% damage taken) is a 9% damage reduction improvement. Nothing too shabby.
Try to get good ancients and augment your gear first, that will lessen your issue.
what about block?
is that insignificant source of DR?
Yes.
cube use unity and problem solve, convention of element is totally not worth it for a condemn build. the problem with this build is not damage. its lag of toughness. I just did a 104, and I die once thats vs the stupid boss. what u see in my profile is what I use to get it done. I didn't even bother with string of ears.
01/05/2018 06:29 PMPosted by IMCL85
cube use unity and problem solve, convention of element is totally not worth it for a condemn build. the problem with this build is not damage. its lag of toughness. I just did a 104, and I die once thats vs the stupid boss. what u see in my profile is what I use to get it done. I didn't even bother with string of ears.

No Legendary Gems?
01/05/2018 06:29 PMPosted by IMCL85

At p2000+ with level 115+ legendary gems (I'm guessing, based on your 100+ augs across multiple classes), you should be able to clear 104 in a coma. That doesn't mean gearing defensively is the best way to play the build. Unity is a crutch, and if you're planning to push Condemn, CoE is the only viable option. Try spawning the RG in a 110 GR with Unity and then report back to us.