SC 1 Devs Activity vs D3 Forum

General Discussion
I see all the days the own Devs answering more than 10x times per day in these other Blizzard game forum.

And in this forum it's abandoned this not happen.
D2 devs are answering in the forum? lol source of that please, it will be funny
What do you need answers to so badly? Pose your question. Let's see what's so important to you. Maybe we can help lessen your burden.
01/05/2018 07:23 AMPosted by DonMartin
What do you need answers to so badly? Pose your question. Let's see what's so important to you. Maybe we can help lessen your burden.

There they know better about update activity. Game news, features coming, features not coming. Future income content, wished features to pursue to develop. Constant updates. Etc.

Check the attention from the devs. 5 post answering in same topic in same day.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20759418488?page=5

Here is it the same not ? HAHA.
Don't feel bad. They ignore the WoW forums too.
01/05/2018 06:50 AMPosted by PardalBR
I see all the days the own Devs answering more than 10x times per day in these other Blizzard game forum.

They were also stopped posting or updating their ban list in Heroes of the Storm too for quite some times.
01/05/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Thax
D2 devs are answering in the forum? lol source of that please, it will be funny
OP Clearly said SC 1 not D2
This is why I like Indie devs so much. Indie devs are trying to find more ways to open communication and get as much feedback as possible. While companies like Blizzard are trying their best to avoid all communication with their fans.

I know people hate it when I bring up GGG games and PoE, but I only mention them because I want the D3 fanbase to hold Blizzard to the same standard. PoE devs constantly talk to their players. When a patch happens, and people are unsatisfied with something, the PoE devs will listen to people in the forums, and then make changes based on common complaints. And 99% of the time the changes made are for the better. This happens all the time.

Again I don't bring up PoE to say LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER POE IS THAN D3! I bring it up, because if D3 had the standards of PoE it would easily be the best ARPG on the market. And I, like many of you, want Diablo to be successful in the future. It might be too late for D3, but the same mistakes with D4 could be catastrophic for the franchise.
Two of the most concerned topics in D3 right now: Botters and PVP... well nevermind
01/05/2018 08:24 AMPosted by AshyLarry
This is why I like Indie devs so much. Indie devs are trying to find more ways to open communication and get as much feedback as possible. While companies like Blizzard are trying their best to avoid all communication with their fans.

I believe it is because their different business model. PoE is a free to play game with micro-transaction which the devs have to constantly keep the playerbase updated. On the other hand D3 is a one-time purchase with contents in higher quality. These result in different levels of eagerness from the devs.

SC1 is still actively played as e-sports in Korea, hence the priority there in development.
01/05/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Merp
Don't feel bad. They ignore the WoW forums too.

But at least WoW has plenish more updates and expansion than us.

01/05/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Khaosfyre

SC1 is still actively played as e-sports in Korea, hence the priority there in development.

Maybe you did not enter the url i provided. They was talking about UED maps. Not official RPG maps, fun maps, they answered 5 times for mappers who had maps not working. This mode do not contemple competition.

Probably because they have ceased to work on D3, because D3 doesn't attrackt too many players? That is what I am thinking...

I hope they work on D4.
01/05/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Lightning
01/05/2018 08:24 AMPosted by AshyLarry

I believe it is because their different business model. PoE is a free to play game with micro-transaction which the devs have to constantly keep the playerbase updated. On the other hand D3 is a one-time purchase with contents in higher quality. These result in different levels of eagerness from the devs.

Well that's why Blizzard should have a way to monetize their game outside of buying the game. Remember they original had a way to make money while the game was out, and that failed. However they could do a lot of similar things as PoE to make money too. Different skins, pets, and stash space.

I agree with you on D3, and that's why I'm more referring to the sequel, where hopefully they have a better long term plan to monetize it. However, I also don't think this is a good excuse to separate yourself from the community, no matter what payment model you're using. This has been a problem since the beginning (again when the AH existed and they were makign money outside of sales). Even in BETA before the game came out, they never listened to their player, and kept them at arms length.

And like what's been already said it's like this in their other titles that make money monthly like WoW.
Right now Blizzard is working on their unnamed Diablo project since 2 years ago, and should be hearing an announcement about it in the next 1-2 years. This game is effectively dead, so there is no reason why they would waste their time here as their attitude towards this game's direction is quite clear.

What is the SC community like compared to D3's? The way the Devs are is directly related to how the community issues feedback/communicates with the Devs. i'll tell you what I typically see in the D3 community:

Condescending posts/titles.
Complaints without any reason or point other than to vent frustration.
General constructive conversation that typically gets steamrolled by the people who leave comments like the two above.

I'm sure more happens within the community, but seemingly every thing I read these 3 occurrences happens, and that is not healthy for a community, or a dev team trying to do what they can to make the game better for them. For example, go on SC forum and read the first ten posts in General, it's just people generally trying to make the game better, have their questions answered, no disrespect, etc, of course you have the occasional edgelord, but yeah. Now go read the first ten posts here, and tell me how many times you encounter one of those 3 occurrences I mentioned above. It's detrimental to a community, because it's inherently divisive and only makes it harder for the devs to have healthy dialogue with people. Just my 2 cents.
01/05/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Nefairo
only makes it harder for the devs to have healthy dialogue with people

They don't want dialog with people. Healthy or not healthy. They don't post on the forums. They only read the forums. If they post on the forums, you cannot know that they are the developers.
:-)