Condemn and Latency

Crusader
Hi guys,

Just a quick question: Is the mini-cooldown of condemn truly affected by (high) latency? I'm asking because after playing condemn on different ISPs the lag seems to increase the mini-cooldown of condemn (like 1s). Also I noticed that at around 150 to 175 ms latency if I have 10.6 wrath per second, I can more or less maintain 100% uptime on aquila (with akkhans, akarat's champ, and unstoppable force) which shouldn't be the case if I can cast condemn more than once per second.

I'm about to push into the 100s and I'm wondering if I'm going to be pushing with a gimped build given my poor latency (over 150ms).

Would appreciate any help on this, thank you!
Yes, latency will affect how frequently you can cast Condemn because Blizzard decided to completely disregard latency compensation in D3's netcode.

Try testing how many times you can cast Condemn during Akkhan's Champion, if you can cast it around 30 times in 20 seconds you should be fine.
12/19/2017 08:39 PMPosted by HunterKiller
Yes, latency will affect how frequently you can cast Condemn because Blizzard decided to completely disregard latency compensation in D3's netcode.

Try testing how many times you can cast Condemn during Akkhan's Champion, if you can cast it around 30 times in 20 seconds you should be fine.

Much appreciated! I'll test it out later on and hopefully I can get it to 30.

Would I be correct in assuming that if I get 20 casts per 30 seconds (God forbid) that I'd be losing approximately 33% damage and would thus be gimped by 2 greater rift levels? I'm clearing 95-96 reliably without augments but I'm fairly certain that I'd start feeling the pinch of that latency damage reduction soon.
12/19/2017 09:09 PMPosted by Atreus
Would I be correct in assuming that if I get 20 casts per 30 seconds (God forbid) that I'd be losing approximately 33% damage and would thus be gimped by 2 greater rift levels?

Do you mean 20 casts per 20 seconds? Because that is already alarmingly low.

In any case, yes that means your damage output will suffer a lot, especially on rift guardian.
I tested the exact timing (with my ping at around 60-70ms) using a mouse macro and came to the following conclusions:

1. Spamming optimally vs spamming near-optimally can make a gigantic difference in terms of Wrath. Even 10ms more or less can be the difference between constantly running out of Wrath and constantly being full on Wrath.

2. I got it down to about 590 ms after which point I started dropping the occasional input. I also need at least one RCR% roll + the 7% IAS from witching hour to support this repeat rate (in 2-player mode). With 600 ms it was a bit safer and had less Wrath issues. With 610 ms I had no Wrath issues whatsoever.

A repeat rate of 590 ms translates to approximately 1.7 Condemn/s, or 34 condemns in 20 seconds. I also plugged this number (1.7 Condemn/s) into d3planner for the purposes of simulating various gear setups in terms of wrath issues on the rift guardian, and it confirmed my in-game findings. The reason I cap it in d3planner is because if I don't, it assumes it can do 1.8-1.9 condemns per second - which translates to a repeat rate of about 520-550ms. The extra ~60 ms difference between this and what I can do in reality is most likely due to my latency.

For solo, the comment about IAS/RCR doesn't apply since you get 10% more Wrath from the templar.
Have you tried downloading Leatrix latency fix?
Nand, can you describe how you build your macro? (the numbers, based on your latency)
That would be very helpful :)
12/21/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Ridertt
Nand, can you describe how you build your macro? (the numbers, based on your latency)
That would be very helpful :)

I just took a simple key repeat macro and changed the timing until it worked. Not sure what else there is to describe.
Thanks, this is enough :)
I'll try that.
Careful guys, you're going to upset the macro haters. They're still upset that Blizz takes a firm IDGAF stance on macros and the like. Downvotes incoming.
TBH I'm so much annoyed by botters...
I typically refrain from voicing my opinion on the matter, but why do botters annoy you? I disagree with them in principle, primarily because I'd like to have GG gear without all the farming. But unless you're pushing the leaderboards and no-lifing with a group (judging by your Paragon, you are not), how do they affect you? Would a #256 clear be that much more impressive than a #304 clear?

Please understand that I'm not condoning botting. I just don't get all the hatred from those that it does not directly affect. It's clearly a hot topic at the moment, and it's easy to jump on the anti-bot bandwagon, but why even let it bother you? At the end of the day, you're really only competing against yourself. Right?
@mrdpank. The hated comes from perceived inequity, as a lot of our world's hatred does. In this particular case, I believe the perceived inequity is also factual inequity.

Botters get more for doing less. At the clear violation of both the rules, and the concept of fairness. And, it is so bad, that one cannot ever be in equity with a botter unless they also decide to violate the rules and bott themselves.

This inequity breads jealousy and hatred. Again, the hatred seems to be well earned by the botters, so I have no sympathy for them.

EDIT: I would like to add, for the D3 dev team. This is a major part of why botters should be more strenuously dealt with.

When someone violates the law, you would call the authorities. If the authorities can competently resolve the issue, the community feels safe, happy, and positive. If the authorities cannot, the community as a whole will begin to mistrust the authorities, be unhappy, take matters into their own hands, or move away entirely.

The same applies to the Blizzard community. Botters have been reported to the dev team, as I have read on these forums. Yet competent action has yet to materialize in a transparent way. Now the community, as a whole, are losing trust in the authorities (dev team), as proven by the constant posts and threads on this topic. Eventually, the lager party of the community will leave. And likely not just leave D3, but leave everything attached to Blizzard and possibly Activision. And the fact that we are at this point, falls on Blizzard entirely for being too slow to act.
12/21/2017 08:10 AMPosted by mrspank
Careful guys, you're going to upset the macro haters. They're still upset that Blizz takes a firm IDGAF stance on macros and the like. Downvotes incoming.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has stated that mouse macros provided by your hardware are okay. The ToS only explicitly disallows third party programs, but your mouse drivers / firmware apparently don't qualify as such.

(Incidentally: My keyboard consists of a programmable arduino attached via USB, so I can make it do whatever I want. I wonder if Blizzard would let me automate trading via the WoW AH using it, since it isn't technically speaking a program running on my computer?)
Blizzard has said 1 keystroke = 1 action. Automated sequences like macros are not allowed. If you want to numlock a key it is okay because it is the same as just holding the key down. Your macro is repeatedly casting condemn for you with perfect timing, this is not just a single keystroke. This is a big advantage for this build and I can't see how you can argue that this is not cheating.
Now I know why I could not push beyond 97...

DAMN LATENCY!

Wish there is a way to migrate the account from one realm to another. After moving to a different continent, now in HK, my latency to US Server is 300+ms. Latency to Asia server is good at 100ms but I hate redoing everything.
02/19/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Astig
Wish there is a way to migrate the account from one realm to another. After moving to a different continent, now in HK, my latency to US Server is 300+ms. Latency to Asia server is good at 100ms but I hate redoing everything.

I feel you, I'm playing 150-200 MS on a 5mbps phone line connection. Damage suffers pretty bad.

WTB lag compensation.
Hey guys, I just tried to macro condemn and the perfect timing should be around 600ms, now i have one problem where i can't find the answer to.
When I'm Moving, the 600ms is the perfect timing to spam condemn smooth, as soon as I stand on one position and stop moving the 600ms are too fast for condemn and it starts casting my condemns slower than before. Does anyone know, where the difference between moving and not moving is? I mean, i still have set the frequenz to 600ms and didn't change it. But as soon as I stop moving Condemn isn't cast as smooth as when i walk.

There is even a differenz if i use Force move (condemn isn't smooth) or when i just left click to move (condemn works fine with 600ms then)

Can anybody help me with that??