Salvaging Wirts leg to get map of stars???

Bug Report
In Darkening of Tristam event, I have crafted Wirts leg which comes up as a magical item and not a legendary???, I have tried salvaging it "Wirts leg" numerous times however I cant get "Map of the Stars"???
there's already a large thread in this forum addressing this. please do not make a duplicate thread.
Looks like it's a bug. As RenniaBlood mentioned, there is a thread on this. Here's the link to that thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760737673
01/04/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Sargon
Looks like it's a bug. As RenniaBlood mentioned, there is a thread on this. Here's the link to that thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760737673

Thread is full and can't reply on it
What do you want to reply?
" I also have the bug" is NOT usefull to reply.

Blizzard is already looking into it, since everyone has this bug.
My acc has done the event last year

I cant see the recipe at the blacksmith, didnt re-learned the recipe today

My girlfrined, first time event, she learned the leg plan and got it blue

So even people from last year dont see their old plan

maybe this is helpfull
The last thread died.

Blizz knows.

The patch will be coming soon enough.
01/04/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Killigraphy
The last thread died.

The default post limit in all threads is 500 unless someone from Bliz manually changes it. It did not really die, so much as hit the post limit.

01/04/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Killigraphy
Blizz knows.

The patch will be coming soon enough.

Yep! They started looking into it when they got in to work today which was around 9am Pacific Time. There is a Blue post on General forums about it.
Now fixed
It is indeed fixed now. Even though it's still blue on the list, when you craft it, it becomes legendary in your inventory. Finally got my cow! :D
FIXED:

I JUST DID THIS NOW AND IT WORKED. Legendary Wirt's leg --> Star map. Cow portal opened correctly, and I have the cow pet. Cheers. Enjoy XD

Thanks for jumping on this Blizz.
Still unable to get the Legendary leg. I also closed out my game completely, came back through and it still is only showing up as blue not orange.

Once I switched to another character it came through - disregard. Thanks
FIXED:

I JUST DID THIS NOW AND IT WORKED. Legendary Wirt's leg --> Star map. Cow portal opened correctly, and I have the cow pet. Cheers. Enjoy XD

Thanks for jumping on this Blizz.

Can confirm, just completed this myself. Thanks for fixing it Blizz.
Jan 3, 2019

It's broke-the salvage feature offers arcane dust x2
01/03/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Pheno
Jan 3, 2019

It's broke-the salvage feature offers arcane dust x2

I have the same issue. Tried multiple characters and a half dozen legs. Nothing but dust. What am I doing wrong?

Does it have to be a new character?
01/05/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Methalis
I have the same issue. Tried multiple characters and a half dozen legs. Nothing but dust. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, issue's on Blizzard's end. For years now.
01/05/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Methalis

Does it have to be a new character?

For the Royal Calf questline? No, not at all. New character is needed only if going after The Butcher pet.