PSA: Darkening of Tristram Portal Opens January 4th

General Discussion
01/03/2018 09:39 AMPosted by SAVIOR
So I collected all 7 pages with my seasonal hero but did not get a frame. Is this delayed until the rift opens tomorrow? Or, do I have to collect with a non seasonal to receive the award frame?

Once you collected 7 Different pages you will get the achievement and portrait.
Make sure is page 1-7 and not repeated pages.
01/01/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Sinobu
So, as of right now, can we have the pages yet? And how rare is the spawn rate of those cultist/ page? As rare as mysterious chest?

You can easily farm the pages.
Takes some time, but not much and you can share the duplicates (NOT account bound).
Method? Look everywhere where you can find Cultists! Acts I and II, mostly.
That's refreshingly easy :)
It's the 4th & no portal!
Coordinated Universal Time
00:00
;-)
01/03/2018 10:34 AMPosted by SeaBigBear

Not in the USA.
01/03/2018 09:49 AMPosted by forkie
01/03/2018 09:39 AMPosted by SAVIOR
So I collected all 7 pages with my seasonal hero but did not get a frame. Is this delayed until the rift opens tomorrow? Or, do I have to collect with a non seasonal to receive the award frame?

In one sitting? I got some yesterday and the rest today all 7 pages, 7 different pages and did not get the achievement. Used a seasonal hero P446 or so.

Trying again to do it all at one session....
01/03/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Merp

Not in the USA.

Check at 3:00 pm PST today Wednesday January 3rd. That’s about 2 hrs 20 mins from now.

In adventure mode Act 1, the portal should be indicated on the map at The Ruins of Old Tristram. Remember to take a level 1, zero xp character first time through to get all the rewards.
01/03/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Virtueboy
01/03/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Merp

Not in the USA.

Check at 3:00 pm PST today Wednesday January 3rd. That’s about 2 hrs 20 mins from now.

In adventure mode Act 1, the portal should be indicated on the map at The Ruins of Old Tristram. Remember to take a level 1, zero xp character first time through to get all the rewards.

I'm not sure why you're arguing with me about the date. Today is January 3rd, not 4th. I'm not arguing the start of the portal.

Please read the Blizzard post before commenting.

01/02/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Nevalistis
01/02/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Blackarrows
One of the posts needs to be corrected, either this one is wrong or the blog post is.
The portal will either open on the 3rd at 4:00 pm pst or the 4th as stated here.

So, they're technically both right. I had the 4th in my head because the start time is programmed in UTC (midnight on the 4th). That means it actually begins on the 3rd in PST as a byproduct. Trust the post times in the blog at this point, as they were updated early today and triple-checked for accuracy!

Apologies for the confusion; this is why I rarely post from home without my usual access to resources. :) I just wanted to make sure folks knew we were aware of the miscommunication and that we would be fixing it.

So midnight of the 4th UTC which = 4pm PST (California time)

It is currently 1:02pm PST.
[quote="207591496127"]So I collected all 7 pages with my seasonal hero but did not get a frame. Is this delayed until the rift opens tomorrow? Or, do I have to collect with a non seasonal to receive the award frame?

In one sitting? I got some yesterday and the rest today all 7 pages, 7 different pages and did not get the achievement. Used a seasonal hero P446 or so.

You can only do the achievement on regular characters on adventure mode, not with seasonal
[quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

You can only do the achievement on regular characters on adventure mode, not with seasonal

Wrong, I completed it on my seasonal barb. Did you click on the pages? Check your portraits to see if you have it.
01/03/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Merp

Wrong, I completed it on my seasonal barb. Did you click on the pages? Check your portraits to see if you have it.

Nope, have a complete set, as for 'clicking' I clicked to pick up and clicked to put in stash. Still nothing. Have all but #6 on this go so we'll see what happens once I get the last page.

Nope, have a complete set, as for 'clicking' I clicked to pick up and clicked to put in stash. Still nothing. Have all but #6 on this go so we'll see what happens once I get the last page.

And.... all 7 pages and no achievement yet again. Sumbeech.
Florida has some nice sumbeaches, just go way South for the next few days, snowing in the North.
01/03/2018 02:57 PMPosted by SAVIOR

And.... all 7 pages and no achievement yet again. Sumbeech.

Put them all in your character inventory and click them.
itsjust started
01/03/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Virtueboy
Remember to take a level 1, zero xp character first time through to get all the rewards.

I just did that and got nothing.
Who cares about the naysayers, I had fun with the Darkening Event, planning to do it again tonight and every tonight. It is fun to go back the old style of graphics and walking and other ways the game played way back when. Thanks Blizzard!!