PTR NEWS UP IN D3 BATTLE NET NEWS

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
01/16/2018 05:45 PMPosted by naksiloth
Sounds like a performance resolvement patch incoming for new and bigger changes. Otherwise, why would they bother? Game works smooth on many terms.

I appreciate your optimism but regretfully I must say your dreams were crushed even before they turned blue.
01/16/2018 05:45 PMPosted by naksiloth
Sounds like a performance resolvement patch incoming for new and bigger changes. Otherwise, why would they bother? Game works smooth on many terms.

Only thing I can think of and others have mentioned is a new anti bot software.

Otherwise, you are spot on with your assessment!
Ok, I'm calling it now, "Fake News"
01/16/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Blackarrows

Possible either way it won't be today at least for me it seems, been 8 or 10 hours now and no word from Blizz? It's obvious that Blizz royally screwed up and that is fine but this lack of communication is bad.
01/16/2018 06:46 PMPosted by GrumpyPants
01/16/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Blackarrows

Possible either way it won't be today at least for me it seems, been 8 or 10 hours now and no word from Blizz? It's obvious that Blizz royally screwed up and that is fine but this lack of communication is bad.

Lack of communication is their NORM. Sad, but SO true.
but this lack of communication is bad.
\

Yes it is. I can't connect and they have not said a thing since the comments in the news article. I am...displeased.
01/16/2018 07:11 PMPosted by MissCheetah
but this lack of communication is bad.
\

Yes it is. I can't connect and they have not said a thing since the comments in the news article. I am...displeased.

Not suprised at all ^^
I do believed it some buff to certain skill runes but just dont show us the number.
Because after PTR, people will started scream why nerf.
01/16/2018 11:26 AMPosted by MissCheetah
01/16/2018 11:22 AMPosted by HolyDiver
Slam PTR should have some buffs to convince players to "test" it

It does :) If you check the article there is a 2000% drop rate buff so you can have fun collecting everything ever! Note though, nothing on the PTR ever carries over back to Live. What happens on the PTR stays on the PTR.

I've heard a rumor, that since Diablo 3 doesnt make money and the player base is quite less compared to other games, the PTR is to test its cheaper server to test load, eventually these servers will replace the originals. The originals are going to another game. This had me super scared, I like Diablo 3 its a good game in every right. But if something like this happens how would this is impact the player base for your future games? By all means people will be ready to spend for content in Diablo 3 if there cosmetics to be unlocked like Overwatch/HotS. Is the rumor true? Im super scared for diablo 3 if it true.
01/16/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Kirito
01/16/2018 11:26 AMPosted by MissCheetah

It does :) If you check the article there is a 2000% drop rate buff so you can have fun collecting everything ever! Note though, nothing on the PTR ever carries over back to Live. What happens on the PTR stays on the PTR.

I've heard a rumor, that since Diablo 3 doesnt make money and the player base is quite less compared to other games, the PTR is to test its cheaper server to test load, eventually these servers will replace the originals. The originals are going to another game. This had me super scared, I like Diablo 3 its a good game in every right. But if something like this happens how would this is impact the player base for your future games? By all means people will be ready to spend for content in Diablo 3 if there cosmetics to be unlocked like Overwatch/HotS. Is the rumor true? Im super scared for diablo 3 if it true.

That would make sense actually; and would also explain the technical difficulties with the PTR launch. New hardware can sometimes take a while to configure properly.

I've heard a rumor, that since Diablo 3 doesnt make money and the player base is quite less compared to other games, the PTR is to test its cheaper server to test load, eventually these servers will replace the originals. The originals are going to another game. .

If this is the case, then we should gather all the remaining D3 forces and crush the PTR servers with overload to make them see they can't weaken the servers.
What do i want to think ?

1 - They are solving 64 bit higher delay latency issue compared with 32 bits what it should be the opposite.

2 - They are testing new layers of skill animations. Some time ago WD with firewall build lagged all the public game. The same goes for WW barb there was a lot of dust animations. They have to reduced them to avoid server side bad experiences.

3 - They are improving over animations lag issues to allow Necromancer to raise more minions, skeletons, etc.
Has anyone been able to log into the PTR recently or is it still down for everyone?

I'm Us West, if that matters.
01/16/2018 10:43 AMPosted by MissCheetah
01/16/2018 10:37 AMPosted by RiasyaFiery
its that gonna happen on asia realm? i still cant update d3

The PTR is hosted in the US and is separate from the EU, Asia, and Americas regions. Instructions for how to access the PTR are in the news post.

why don't they just launch all the bots at it, it's same thing as players anyway...
what's the point of having players do that?
01/16/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Midnight
why don't they just launch all the bots at it, it's same thing as players anyway...
what's the point of having players do that?
Different hardware specs.
I'm curious as to what the " big risk" is in their proposed back-end changes...
I'm currently downloading the PTR at 10.5 MB per second. I download a lot of files, and I wish I got this kind of performance out of many of the websites I visit. I'm kind of impressed that Blizzard is kicking out this kind of bandwidth, and I'm equally impressed that Comcast is giving it to me.

Just to remind you of the significance of this, Internet transfer speeds are usually measured in megabits per second (Mb/s) while I'm getting the Diablo files in megabytes per second (MB/s).

There are eight bits in one byte, so 10 bytes equals 80 bits, 10,000 bytes is 80,000 bits, and 10 million bytes is 80 million bits. Or, 10 MB is 80 Mb.

So I'm getting these files at pretty much a solid 85 Mb per second, which is really unheard of. I'm very pleased. I'm two thirds of the way done while I'm writing this.
01/17/2018 02:21 AMPosted by homerjnick
I'm curious as to what the " big risk" is in their proposed back-end changes...
That whatever changes they're making will cause a bottleneck when people are accessing the game, a community, typing chat, and rerolling gear all at the same time. Naturally, you want gameplay performance to be smooth the matter what anybody's doing, and so the way their servers route Internet traffic is pretty important.
18 hours and the PTR is still not up, no word from you guys either, utterly shameful!
I have my D3 at SSD. If someone can tell me how I can download and install PTR datas on HDD, I will try to play PTR for the first time ever.