Code 1016

Technical Support
Game ran fine until Blizzard worked on server but now all I get is error code 1016
starting to get annoyed with this game can anyone please help help
Hi there SlayerRen,

This type of error tends to be caused by a connection problem. Most common reasons are unsupported connection types like wireless or satellite internet connections. While these are great to be able to access the web, not so great for gaming.

Other things that can impact these are home router and modem issues. Sometimes a simple power cycle can help. In more stubborn cases, a DNS flush is needed.

Last to be sure nothing is conflicting with the game, you could try a selective startup. It will turn off many things that could cause issues.

I hope this information helps you out my friend!

/Nathardrick
SlayerRen:

I am sure you googled the issue already, and thus are most likely aware that the 1016 errors appeared frequently after the 2.6.1 patch. I am 99% sure this has nothing to do with any system or connection settings at your end.

You will see many posts already dating back to the early days of this patch (also here in the forums ... I replied to https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20759250933 only today, citing my very own 1016 issues; other topics are e.g. @ https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752579679 or @ https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20761036004). Blizzard has done nothing ever to address or fix this, besides blaming standard system issues at the customers' side for the 1016.

A new patch might - or might not - fix this. My guess: We simply have to wait and see.
01/29/2018 02:44 PMPosted by murkin
1016 errors appeared frequently after the 2.6.1 patch.

That is the current error code for a generic disconnect. There used to be a different code used and we saw that just as frequently since game release. The internet is not something that Blizzard controls and there can be many many reasons a player has some sort of packet loss or congestion on the many hops between them and Blizzard.

Please do not spread false information telling people not to troubleshoot. This is not something Blizzard can fix. They don't own the internet.
I've also been plagued with the 1016 error. I've done the dns flush, configured the router for the d3 ports but still the error remains. I have a fiber connection with a hardwired connect (no wireless router) so I've eliminated at least some of the variables. I suspect it has to do with some more recent windows security patches as I didn't seem to get this error prior to Nov 2017.
Has anyone with a similar set of circumstances received the 1016 error been actually able to resolve? - I see lots of posts of suggestions to fix, but not many folks really resolving.
I have spent 65$ for reaper of souls+ necro expansion+ Deluxe during this last weel. However I get the 1016 error so frequently today that I have tried to connect a dozen times, but the game freezes after 2-3 minutes and i get the error.
Have tried the suggested settings from earlier youtube videos, but no impact.
Really exasperating, anyone has a workable solution?
02/25/2018 05:31 AMPosted by brazerker
I've also been plagued with the 1016 error. I've done the dns flush, configured the router for the d3 ports but still the error remains. I have a fiber connection with a hardwired connect (no wireless router) so I've eliminated at least some of the variables. I suspect it has to do with some more recent windows security patches as I didn't seem to get this error prior to Nov 2017.
Has anyone with a similar set of circumstances received the 1016 error been actually able to resolve? - I see lots of posts of suggestions to fix, but not many folks really resolving.

Thats interesting. Why you think its windows patches? you thinking of meltdown patch or?

I have fiber connection to, connected with cable direct to modem, and ive got this 1016 twice, this season. First monk died, second time when i was in town, thank god. Didnt have this issues before this patch.
Its ju 1 second insta DC = dead. I mean, i understand why u make it so we cant just pull the cable out and live in hard situations, but something like a pause should really exist, like in SC2. Lets say u lose connection, the game pause for 1~2 minutes, and if youre not connected during that period, the game continues, as it does now. Dying to 1 sec 1016 error etc is just stupid. And no, i wont play sc.
01/29/2018 02:44 PMPosted by murkin
1016 errors appeared frequently after the 2.6.1 patch.

That is the current error code for a generic disconnect. There used to be a different code used and we saw that just as frequently since game release. The internet is not something that Blizzard controls and there can be many many reasons a player has some sort of packet loss or congestion on the many hops between them and Blizzard.

Please do not spread false information telling people not to troubleshoot. This is not something Blizzard can fix. They don't own the Internet.

People like you kill me. Some of us build our own comps , know what they can do. some of us even have 300+ mbps net that we are hard linked to. So no it is not the net , no it is not our comps , yes it IS Blizzard/Activision patches and lack of wanting to fix a game thats FTP. Overwatch is getting just as bad.
hey i just got the code 1016 error and it delete everything on my diablo 3 account
how the f do i get it back or how can i get my money back then >:I that's cruel
02/25/2018 09:17 AMPosted by warriorindia
I have spent 65$ for reaper of souls+ necro expansion+ Deluxe during this last weel. However I get the 1016 error so frequently today that I have tried to connect a dozen times, but the game freezes after 2-3 minutes and i get the error.
Have tried the suggested settings from earlier youtube videos, but no impact.
Really exasperating, anyone has a workable solution?
happy you i didn't get freezed or anything i lost lost every character i played and need to go to the start
03/22/2018 02:11 AMPosted by MrMannHatten
hey i just got the code 1016 error and it delete everything on my diablo 3 account
how the f do i get it back or how can i get my money back then >:I that's cruel
Your heroes are on Europe region; make sure you select the correct region on the launcher.
talked to tech and she couldnt help me. tried few things but happening on multiple accounts in the home. must be something with servers and internet but cannot seem to fix it. not fun playing when lose the rift etc.
Riddle me this, Blizz...

How is it that with a brand new rig (1 wk old), and after fresh-installing and logging in to the game for a solid week without incident, playing through the entire campaign without a single 1016, that as soon as I start my first nephalem rift, I immediately (within 1-2 minutes) get 1016'ed 4 times in a row?

No changes to the system, hard-wired connection, recent DNS flush, reset modem/router, all drivers current, no other connectivity issues with ANY other software.

There's only one variable in that entire equation: I started a N-rift.

Now if that's the ONLY thing that changed, can anyone explain to me why the game instantly went sideways? Anyone competent, that is? (That would excuse the lovers of Blizzard boilerplate "run a WinMTR test" from responding.)
did anyone got fixed their 1016 prob with flushing dns, selective start-up and power cycle?

i tried all of this to no avail.

and please dont tell me blizz dont own internet so they dont give a !@#$. blizz games are based on internet services like D3.
yes
I'm starting to have the code 1016 starting today on my pc, on my brother computer he can log on fine and grind, so i dont think its the internet connection since we both share the same modem. so why am i getting the code 1016 and yes i have restarted and turn off the modem
07/07/2018 07:55 AMPosted by dov1t
I'm starting to have the code 1016 starting today on my pc, on my brother computer he can log on fine and grind, so i dont think its the internet connection since we both share the same modem. so why am i getting the code 1016 and yes i have restarted and turn off the modem
Have you tried the other steps in the BLUE posts above?
08/21/2018 12:31 AMPosted by Maskraider
07/07/2018 07:55 AMPosted by dov1t
Have you tried the other steps in the BLUE posts above?

he dont,
Last updated on Aug 6, 2018 4:26 PM PDT
1016 always related to network issues.
I got this code 1016 error what is going on with one of my favorite game ? never ran to this problem be4 any way to fix this on my end incase it is my end but I doubt it ?